Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This one, you did for you...and it's your journey. Embrace it...even the ups and downs. This is something that you're doing totally for yourself, so keep your chin up and your eyes on the prize. I am two weeks post-op now...I went through the emotional swings, mourning food, and now I'm finally starting to get used to the new normal. It'll come, just give it time and go through your process, and really do some soul-searching about what you're thinking, and what you've done, and how you're going to attack this in the months to come. Your life has just changed, massively...but for the better. Now, just follow the rules, discipline yourself to stick with your program, and think about what you're going to be able to do and how you're going to feel, six months and a year or two from now.

You're on your way. Nobody can take this from you.

Thanks guys atleast I have this app I haven't been thinking about cheat on the diet I just have been the person to always be there for everyone I just never taught everyone wouldn't even be there for me but I got this just really was expecting more from the people who say they love me good luck to us all

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's definitely hard when the people you expect to support you, don't. Please keep your head up and keep yourself occupied. You've got this!

I felt the same way. I was crushed that the sisters i helped so much in my life weren't there. It was just me and my boyfriend. He was great. But my sisters came later and my brother in law treated me like his child. I felt so much better and told them how upset i was with them, even tho im sure my mom read them the riot act. But you so have this hon. I thought i would be a mess that wouldn't be able to do anything for myself but im doing really well. You will be fine. When they realize how they made you feel they'll feel like shit for it. Just take care of you for now the best way you know how. They'll come around.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I did it all alone. At times, I felt so sad that I had no one to help do the little things that make life easier along the way. But I did it. I am 4 1/2 months out and I did it.

The emotional part of all of this can catch you off guard and be overwhelming. But it passes and gets easier.

Hang in there! You will be okay!

Never felt so alone hope it changes but I still do everything I need to just wish I had support from loved ones

Considering this surgery (and have been for a while) and one of the reasons I joined this site, was to gain group support. I, too, am alone. Scared of having to travel to a different continent alone, travel back alone (with a sore belly), take care of myself whilst an invalid, alone. Currently, this is my biggest fear. People I have shared this knowledge of this surgery with aren't supportive of it. Beauty is, I am learning from this, to be overall a supportive friend, regardless of what my opinions are regarding another person's choices. I don't blame them. If I weren't in my state, I wouldn't comprehend either. They see me in a positive light, as a person who can easily work off the weight. What they don't see is the 10+ years of weight struggle. Isn't there more to life? Why even live this life if you can't enjoy it? If your every thought is consumed with thoughts of shame, not fitting in, worrying over food, lacking a basic need like clothes coz none fits, etc? Honestly, if life is a gift, it's only fitting to cherish it. I want to try and cherish my life. I want to try. Coz i can't imagine another 10years of this. Id rather not exist.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using the BariatricPal App