Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do male loose weight faster than female?

So I have been reading I do have my surgery this Thursday and I just have a question... Do we really loose weight faster than a female??? What should I expect for my first weeks??? Thank you for your input....

Yes, you guys do lose faster. And you suck. ;)

Okay now I'm bowing out because this is the guys' room but I just had to say it.

*Generally* speaking, men have greater muscle mass than women. So we are capable of burning fat more quickly than women. That being said, if you don't do as you are instructed by your surgeon you will most likely not lose as quickly as the average male.

My experience with weight loss and men is yes they do lose weight faster than women. No matter what diet or exercises they do. NOT FAIR, lol but do what surgeon and dietitian tells you and be amazed. Not sure if guy's get what they call a 3 week stall like the women do but don't get discouraged if it happens. ..

Allie

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

Started at 285 pounds on September 13th day of surgery...as of recent I'm at 255. I am following my doctors orders and waking three miles a day. Good luck my friend....ohh...I am a 45 yr old male

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I lost 99 pounds pre-op. My surgery was last Wednesday (September 28). I had my first follow-up this morning, and I have lost 10 pounds in the 5 days since the surgery. If you do low-carb/high Protein pre-op and then follow your surgeon's plan, you'll be golden!

My progress--

Highest weight: 397 (March 2016)

Surgery weight: 298 (September 28, 2016)

Today's weight: 288 (October 3, 2016)

Good luck!

What should I expect for my first weeks???

When in the hospital they pump your body with fluids. Therefore it is common that when you leave the hospital you might weigh one or two pounds more than when you entered. You have to lose this added weight first. So at the end of the first week, your weight loss may be slightly retarded.

I had 9 lbs of added weight when I left the hospital after surgery so don't panic if it's more than a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@James Marusek

I purposely stayed off of the scale until I went to the doctor's office for my follow-up this morning, 5 days after the surgery. They pumped me so full of fluids and air that there is no telling what I weighed, and I didn't want to know. (Also, they drew blood and ran labs the morning after my surgery. My glucose was 88 when my PCP ran labs for my clearance for surgery. The reading from the post-op labs was 150. At my appointment this morning, they told me not to stress about it -- it was the fluids and the stress from surgery.)

The moral to the story is to stay off of the scale for at least a week (or until your first follow-up appointment)...

Yes....and it sucks. LOL

First week you likely will have gained only because of all the fluids they pump into your. But then things will start moving very quickly if you follow the plan.

I lost my first 100 in 9 months an the last 52 in another 9 months. The last 20lbs seems near impossible but it is not....you just need to work the plan.

Yes we do (bite me anyone who is offended, it is what is, you ladies get multiple orgasms, and that ticks me off, so unfair). Don't expect to see anything really substantial until month two. But that's when I went by a mirror at the mall, and flat out didn't recognize myself. That was a surreal moment.

i've lost 80 pounds since surgery day june 21st

op i've been doing the starting bodyweight program instead of lifting weights personally...i think that helped me out a lot

female bodies are also equipped to hold on to fat stores as much as possible for baby reasons. Even our hormones are geared far more towards retaining both fat and Water than men.

Another great thing about weight loss with men is that as we getting smaller, the one part we don't want to get smaller gets bigger.