Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You don't look like you need weight loss surgery!

@@shannenm

You are definately not alone! I am excited for you! I used to snore so bad i would wake both me and my hubby up. I was on bipap for years and now i am 152lbs down and at a normal healthy weight.

I no longer snore at all! I dont use bipap any longer.

It doesnt feel like i am going to have a heart attack everytime i take the stairs.

The only thing i do have a problem with is my back pain and i am afraid that i will have that for the rest of my life. I have always said my only regret is not having this surgery before i did so much damage to my spine.

I literally know the pain and sickness you are feeling and I am telling you there is a whole new life for you! Keep us posted on your progress.

Is your bipap for obstructive, central or complex sleep apnea? I have one too and am trying to find out if anyones central or complex sleep apnea was resolved by weight loss.]

Everyone tells me the same thing. My boss even sat me down in her office trying to convince me to change my mind about the surgery. I'm still in the beginning of the process. I myself have a BMI of 43 and am 130lbs over weight. So I definitely hear you with the "you don't need weight loss surgery"

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You carry your weight so well... you're just tall...yea yea.... people just don't get it. I know, if the zombie apocalypse happened, I'd be the first to get eaten! I can't jog for more than 3seconds. I'm 8wks post op...gotta a long ways to go...but I am going to get lighter and healthier. I can admit I'm fat, why people around me can't, makes no sense!

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I know! I'm 5'8. My Aunt told me, we are just a "big" family deal with it! NO!! I won't.! You may, but not me. I like when I say yes I'm a fat, and need to get this weight off, and people say. You're not fat!! I'm like " are we looking at the same person? You won't hurt my feelings"!

I honestly get so angry now when I hear that

You carry your weight so well... you're just tall...yea yea.... people just don't get it. I know, if the zombie apocalypse happened, I'd be the first to get eaten! I can't jog for more than 3seconds. I'm 8wks post op...gotta a long ways to go...but I am going to get lighter and healthier. I can admit I'm fat, why people around me can't, makes no sense!

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I just said that zombie apocalypse reference to my husband four days ago. I hate it when Say to people that I'm fat and they are like where? Like really you don't see what I see come on!

I've heard it so many times too! I'm tired of hearing it. I'm also 150lbs over weight and I don't "look" it! I didn't know I had to look a certain way! I also get a lot of people trying to persuade me and change my mind telling me I can do it on my own by eating healthier and exercising and when I tell them I'm going through with the surgery they tell me I'm being hard headed and ignorant! I'm so over it! I'm 3 days away from surgery, I'M READY but so scared! I just want it over with!

That is so aggravating! Then they tell u how thin u r and u want to believe them but u see a photo and know you are still very obese! "you don't need to lose anymore!"... Please...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I hear ya! I'm 5'10 and 286 (on a good day). I wear an XL top and a 18w -20w on the bottom plus I'm latina (big butt and legs). My bmi is 41, sounds so ugly when you say morbidly obese, like, I'm so heavy I can die from complications due to my weight. I have been 318 lbs and I know that I most likely be there again. So, I don't look like I need (or deserve) to be healthy? people are plain confusing...I'm not telling anyone anymore, made 1 mistake and regret it!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gabysmum

I tell people I am having weight lose surgery and they tell me you don't need it you hide and carry your weight well, gee thanks I pull off being fat well, not. I have knee pain, hip pain and can't aleep. Can't keep up with my kids.

I haven't read the other comments so this may have already been said. This is pretty much the same as people saying, "Oh, you're not fat!", or "you don't need to lose weight", "you don't need to lose THAT MUCH weight", etc. I find this comes from them being uncomfortable agreeing that, yes, you sure are fat!

I never shared my intention to have RNY with anyone. But when I was heavy, and complained about it, I'd get this type response. I stopped complaining about it. ;)