Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I KNOW I can eat more than I should

I was able to eat a WHOLE sausage egg and cheese McGriddle in one sitting (I know it's not the least bit healthy of a food choice, that's not the point of this post). I'm 5 1/2 months out from surgery. I know I shouldn't be able to eat that much. Does anyone else feel that they can eat too much? How much were/are y'all eating at 6 months post op?? I'm going to start measuring everything again since I know I can eat more than I probably should now :(

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

If you puréed one of those it probably comes in at the max fill line. The issue would be making better choices to fill up on. Best of luck to you. But don't get discouraged over your sleeve size over that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I too am one that do not have limits like I see others do.

I have never felt full to the point of getting that sick feeling, and can eat any foods with no problems.

Recently while on vacation I ate a whole 3 egg and sausage omlette without the real "full" feeling. I just pre-measure all my foods and meals to insure I do not over eat and do feel satisfied.

Sent from my SM-T310 using the BariatricPal App

Measure everything and stick to eating ON PLAN. Your choices will determine your success or failure, not your sleeve size. If you are going to order things like McGriddles, eat the egg and sausage and throw out the rest. And reaching fullness should never be your goal or reason to stop eating. I haven't been full in years and really have no idea if I could eat a whole mcGriddle because I've never tried. Same goes for a three egg omelet. It's something I would never even put on my plate. You need to reprioritize the importance of food to that of nutrition, not quantity and emotional satisfaction.

For most people, a sleeve is not going to stop them from eating greasy, highly processed, high carb food like a McGriddle. You have to stop yourself from that. This is exactly what people mean when they say things like "you can eat around the sleeve."

I was able to eat a WHOLE sausage egg and cheese McGriddle in one sitting (I know it's not the least bit healthy of a food choice, that's not the point of this post). I'm 5 1/2 months out from surgery. I know I shouldn't be able to eat that much. Does anyone else feel that they can eat too much? How much were/are y'all eating at 6 months post op?? I'm going to start measuring everything again since I know I can eat more than I probably should now :(

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

To answer your question specifically:

I am almost 3.5 years out and I occasionally go through McDs for the $1 sausage muffin (it has no egg). I take off whichever side of the muffin is bigger, and eat the rest. I usually throw at least 1/3 of the second half of the bread, too, along with a few last bites of sausage and cheese.< /p>

That's my capacity!

seems normal to me. any swelling in your actual stomach should be healed by this point. I focus on lean Protein and veg - some fruit, good dairy. I pre prep and pre plan most of my meals for the week on the weekend, so at least the Protein is fixed and easy to assemble with some veg. Today I will be cooking down some chicken breasts and a ground meat blend to be used in my wee meals. This morning will be scrambled egg and turkey sausage, with a side of coffee.

I have a saucer size plate, and after 6 months my plan had me with half my plate lean protein half veg, which I do pretty good about for lunch and dinner.

If you try to be always prepared, eat before you leave home, you won't be tempted to go through fast food restaurants. You can easily eat yourself right back to where you started. I can eat anything three years out. I keep Premier shakes on hand, just to have when I need to go to the store or shopping, because I know if I get hungry I might not have such a great choice for food available.

That doesn't seem like it would be too much. My surgeon has said that as you heal you will be able to eat more. So right after surgery you would be able to eat like a 1/4-1/2 cup but you will be able to eat 1/2-1 cup of food as your stomach heals. The main thing is making the right choices. It's okay to indulge every once in a while it's just a slippery slope.

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

I'm 3 months out and don't seem to have a crazily restrictive capacity like others on here as well. I feel satisfied on 2-3 oz of Protein at a time tho so I really try not to push it. Measuring, making sure I'm sticking to healthy sleeved choices- that's the only way. I'm pretty sure I could eat a fairly big amount of total greasy carby junk if I wanted. I only know I don't have serious restriction because of a few times I pushed to 5-6 oz of protein- chicken, burger meat, fish. Not ideal either and I shouldn't be doing that.

I feel like it's about fighting to establish best practices early on until they become a way of life.

I feel like it's about fighting to establish best practices early on until they become a way of life.

Yes! Testing your sleeve is akin to splashing bleach in your eyes to see if your safety goggles work, IMO.

;)

Yes! Testing your sleeve is akin to splashing bleach in your eyes to see if your safety goggles work, IMO.

;)

Heh. I'll try and remember that one.

I am 17 months out and can eat more now but still small portions. Don't do it often but occasionally get a chicken biscuit from somewhere. I throw out the biscuit and eat about half the meat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 7 weeks out. I can eat a little over 5oz of pudding consistency food (the greek yogurt I get is 5.3 oz and I can finish it if I've eaten slowly enough). But for solid food, I can get about 3oz in before my sleeve tells me we're DONE. If I try just that one more bite, I'll feel awful for 15-20 min.

Did y'all's doctors tell y'all the amount y'all should be eating? I see everyone talking about measuring their food...... Mine did not and would love to know the sizes we should be eating . I can eat so little now I really haven't worried about it - but I obviously need to know :)

Edited by tenseintexas