Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its more than a stall

Yes i know stalls are normal, but now its been more than 5 weeks and not a pound less. I eat 3-5 times a day, keep up with my Protein and Water. I exercise daily for 1hr or more. I wat healthy and my Vitamins are daily! I was sleeves March 7th at 256, my CW is 190. I know my weight loss has been slower than normal but now not losing weight for all these weeks makes me wonder if there is something wrong? Have i just stopped at the end of the road? Has anyone gone thru this or have any opinions i appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Weight loss is a matter of caloric deficit. How many calories are you eating each day?

Yes i know stalls are normal, but now its been more than 5 weeks and not a pound less. I eat 3-5 times a day, keep up with my Protein and Water. I exercise daily for 1hr or more. I wat healthy and my Vitamins are daily! I was sleeves March 7th at 256, my CW is 190. I know my weight loss has been slower than normal but now not losing weight for all these weeks makes me wonder if there is something wrong? Have i just stopped at the end of the road? Has anyone gone thru this or have any opinions i appreciate it!

Don't beat yourself up...You have done extremely well. Your weight loss is awesome. Give it some time. Wish you continued success on your journey

I'm following. I only lost 9 pounds this month! It's month 3

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Weight loss is a matter of caloric deficit. How many calories are you eating each day?

I am eating around 1200 to 1500 a day.

Don't beat yourself up...You have done extremely well. Your weight loss is awesome. Give it some time. Wish you continued success on your journey
Thank you so much!!

I'm following. I only lost 9 pounds this month! It's month 3

How many pounds have you lost so far?

you may need to go a little lower, I do not know. as we loose weight we need less calories. I wouldn't go dramatically lower, just cut a little here or there. move more if you can too.

but then it could honestly just be a stall. I was stalled between 4-6 months and now loosing slow but steady again. it does happen, and it is frustrating.

how are you doing with Protein and fluids? veg?

Have you talked to your NUT about your concerns?

A couple of ideas --

If you aren't positive about your portion sizes (weighing them by the gram is best), weigh and track religiously for 3-4 days to make sure you are on point there.

Consider cutting your calorie intake by about 300 calories per day -- everyone is different. I know my maintenance range is right around 1500 or a little less (I weigh less than you do though).

Consider changing up the type of exercise you do.

Maybe give 5/2 a try for a couple of weeks. That helped me break extended stalls a couple of times. If you aren't familiar with 5/2, the basic idea is that for five days a week, you eat at your normal maintenance calories -- which you appear to have found, at least for now -- and then for two days a week, you eat a max of 500 calories, typically in an abbreviated window of time such as only eating between 2 PM and 8 PM. Exercise as normal. Oh and your 2 "fast" days should not be next to each other, but ideally separated by at least 2 days. I usually had Tuesdays and Fridays as my fast days.

Another thing you might want to try is changing up the type of food you eat, even if you keep the number of calories the same. Some people are very carb-sensitive, and find that if they replace about half of their current daily carb intake with fat and Protein instead, they start losing.

Keep working -- you are in charge here! You don't stop weight loss until *you* decide you want to stop weight loss. Good luck!

Edited by Bufflehead

I was sleeved 4/1 and am just coming off an 8 week stall. My scale moved within a 9-10 ounce range (up or down) for 8 stinking weeks! I'm finally down 2 pounds in a week.

It was very discouraging and made me so mad, but what could I do but plow through!? My bariatrician said to keep on plan and make sure to get my Protein and Vitamins. So I did. She also noticed that I had been using cream in my coffee instead of non fat milk, and that could have been adding extra fat calories a day despite my perfect eating otherwise. Check your intake and you may see a few things sneaking in that you are t even thinking twice about.

I know this is difficult and you may feel like you will never get over it and you won't lose anymore weight but hang in there. The time will pass anyway so you may as well have a good attitude about it. Just be patient!

I was sleeved on 2/29, down 57 pounds, went from a size 24 to a 16, and hit a wall 4 weeks ago. I track on MyFitnessPal and am maxing calories at 1200 a day targeting 2 pounds a week. I make sure I get 60 grams of Protein, have 2 servings of fruit and 1 of go lean Cereal everyday. My stall finally broke this weekend when I got frustrated and had a piece of pizza and one of those little Ben and Jerry's americone dreams. Lost 2 pounds. Who knows.

Have you talked to your NUT about your concerns?
My NUT has me schedules for the end of October to see her. ITS been more than 3 months since i saw her