Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad and frustrated!!

I was Banded on March 31 and my doctor used the VG 10 band. I worked out hardcore for the first three months and lost 40lbs. I keep going for fill after fill and I still have very little restriction. I have been around the same weight for 2 months. I am up to 8.6CCs. Is there something wrong with my band? I am really scared I'm failing at this and will never get to my goal. :help::cry

What's your goal? Forty pounds in 5 months is impressive. I have always read that your body has to catch up with its loss. I haven't been banded yet, so I don't speak from experience. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 21 and my wishful thinking goal is to reach 125lbs but I will be happy at 145. I am currently 215. Cheer up, I think you;ve done great.:clap2:

Hiya, I'm not banded yet but you seem to be having the same experience as someone I know. He lost some weight in the beginning then stopped but eventually when he had the right amount of fills, he began losing again and wound up losing 130 lbs. I believe he is at goal now.

I believe you are one of the fortunate ones as you are not having the other problems that we read about on this thread. Let your doctor know, if he doesn't already, and you'll get to your sweet spot soon!

Regards,

Alfie

I started at 256 and I am down to 218. I am happy for the weight I have loss but am dissappointed since I haven't lost anything in months. I have spoken to my dr. about this and he keeps filling me. I am just nervous cause the fills don't seem to decrease my ability to eat at all. At almost 9cc I can have a bagel and a bag of chips with no feeling of fullness. It's just hard when those around me who had the band are losing and looking amazing while I am failing

Miss Bumble,

A few tricks might help...not tricks really, but Bandster suggestions. I know I need to revisit them frequently when I get to the point when I feel things aren't progressing as they should.

You say you're eating chips and Bagels (albeit not all the time). Carbs make you HUNGRIER. They don't fill you up (I remember eating jumbo popcorn at the theaters, a bag of Oreo's, chips and hot sauce...did it EVER fill me up? NO!). And, chips and crunchy stuff just literally bypasses the band. Won't stick, won't fill you up. Not to mention, they're empty calories, and will slow weight loss.

If you want to try to test your band for restriction, eat Protein, dense protein like chicken, beef, lean pork, etc. Not lunch meat, hot dogs, soft fish. It will stay in your pouch longer, make you feel satisfied - ie not so hungry. Try to stay away from fried or coated Proteins. Eat super slow, and wait for signals of satisfaction, not stuffed-ness (yep, it's a word)! If room, then proceed to veggies. Lastly, if room, take a bite of that roll. And very important, no drinking with meals.

When I have felt no restriction, it is usually at my favorite Mexican diner. It's all about keeping your yourself in check, and following the suggestions, because they DO work. At one point I was stagnant in my weight loss, and started eating less and less, with no results. The techs at my fill center told me to simply 'bump up the protein'. I did, weight loss was immediate. You gotta get that protein in!

Hope this helps, we've all been right where you are, and we can do this! :clap2:

Remember The Band Is Just An Aid. Hows You Diet?

Stay Positive!! Keep Working Out ,and Don't Even Think About Failure.. You Have Come To Far Keep Up The Good Work

Miss Bumble,

A few tricks might help...not tricks really, but Bandster suggestions. I know I need to revisit them frequently when I get to the point when I feel things aren't progressing as they should.

You say you're eating chips and Bagels (albeit not all the time). Carbs make you HUNGRIER. They don't fill you up (I remember eating jumbo popcorn at the theaters, a bag of Oreo's, chips and hot sauce...did it EVER fill me up? NO!). And, chips and crunchy stuff just literally bypasses the band. Won't stick, won't fill you up. Not to mention, they're empty calories, and will slow weight loss.

If you want to try to test your band for restriction, eat Protein, dense protein like chicken, beef, lean pork, etc. Not lunch meat, hot dogs, soft fish. It will stay in your pouch longer, make you feel satisfied - ie not so hungry. Try to stay away from fried or coated Proteins. Eat super slow, and wait for signals of satisfaction, not stuffed-ness (yep, it's a word)! If room, then proceed to veggies. Lastly, if room, take a bite of that roll. And very important, no drinking with meals.

When I have felt no restriction, it is usually at my favorite Mexican diner. It's all about keeping your yourself in check, and following the suggestions, because they DO work. At one point I was stagnant in my weight loss, and started eating less and less, with no results. The techs at my fill center told me to simply 'bump up the protein'. I did, weight loss was immediate. You gotta get that protein in!

Hope this helps, we've all been right where you are, and we can do this! :clap2:

:clap2: Great advice!!! Yep, I've found chips slide RIGHT through...I haven't had a bagel since surgery, so I can't speak to that...but white carbs have a high glycemic (sp?) impact and causes you to feel hungrier faster. if you're going to have a bagle...make sure it's AFTER your protein, and try maybe half a small whole grain bagle.

I too was VERY dissappointed to find how easy my favorite foods (comfort foods) went down...once I accepted that I HAVE to make changes...then MADE those changes...the weight is comming off quite nicely :)

well you know how when you used to diet you would hit a plateu? I can imagine the same thing happening with the band.

(I'm not banded yet by dying to be)

Sometimes our bodys just stall.

I guess is the best way to describe it. And getting past that can be a pain in the you know what.

Stick to eating heathly avoid the white carbs and junk food. Maybe increase your excercise a bit.

And read read read these forums. There is so much good info here just waiting for you! ;)