Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failed :(

Hi! Do you have any of the Premier Protein shakes? I've heard those can be used as a coffee Creamer (I haven't done so yet; I have been off the coffee since pre-op) but it might be an option for you to consider.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I quit smoking the day I met with the surgeon bc he told me it increased my chances for a blood clot after surgery. That scared me enough to quit. I never picked up again. My surgery is next Thursday and I've been smoke free over 2 months. Good luck but your capable of quitting. Its all a mind game!!

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

From the mouths of babes...I will never forget what my 15 year old daughter said to me in the grocery store the day I was buying a tiny little cake which was to be my very last. (it still is the last one I ever ate) I was telling her all of the changes I had made and still had ahead of me, and she looked me straight in the eye and said "I'd get a bigger cake." Sometimes they know what they are talking about. You can change as much you want to change at one time, as long as you are able to withstand the suffering, lol. I think it all comes down to what you can handle at the time. Sometimes too much is just too much. You will make it if you just hang in there and commit to the changes. Setbacks are temporary. Giving up is permanent. Best wishes to you!!

@@justhere4theshow he actually came up with a great idea yesterday. Keep an empty pack and only put a certain amount in and have hubby hide the fuller pack. And also as suggested by another quitter on Instagram, decrease every 3 days.

The sugar withdrawal is killing me I didn't really leave my bedroom much yesterday. Here I am at 6:22am been awake for over an hour already because I felt nauseous.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@OKCPirate we was on that vape bandwagon a couple years ago. For some odd reason all I taste is metal when I vape. I had cheap vape and very high end vape different tips different tanks and coils, pre made and handmade. But I can't shake that metal taste.

My father who smoked 3-4 packs a day for God only knows how many years started vape around the same time and has not had a cigarette since! Most of my friends who vape went back to smoking as well but that small handful still vape. I think it's just to much for me at one time. I know I will quit before surgery. I just need to adjust to the food lifestyle first. As I mentioned in another post... I don't want an issue coming off the ventilator or healing.

I am not judging anyone!! Like I have anything to say when I quit smoking 4 times but....my daughter and her husband started vaping to quit smoking. Well she went back to smoking and he quit for quite a long time but his job wouldn't let them smoke or vap so he went to chewing and now full force smoking again!! We have heard thru the news that Vaping can cause what is called popcorn LUNG!! Doesn't sound to good to me!! I also wanted to say when I got PG with my daughter at 23 I quit smoking about the 2nd time then. I put my Cigarettes in my kitchen window and told myself there they are if you think you can't make it!! That helped me so much. Just knowing they were there if I needed them. This might be something to help you thru the rough Patches. Who knows. As I said before Good Luck!!

@@Peggy D I guess I should have clarified, I CAN have coffee just not at all the way I normally have it. Sugar and cream. Black is just so bitter to me.

try it with stevia and fairlife milk, that way you get a nice little Protein boost too.

Well, I put on my nicotine patch... And took it off to smoke. Put a new one on last night. Had a very rough time. Slept for about 5 hrs, Waking up every 30 minutes. Not only was I hungry but wanted a smoke. Took off the patch again. My head is pounding and I want caffeine, sugar and a smoke. Ok well I'm smoking now. Need to get used to plain coffee I just took some Advil and I'm going back to sleep. Dr and insurance is not requiring me to quit. I just thought it would be better for me. And no, I'm not using that as an excuse. I feel so lame right now. 16 yr old told me maybe I'm trying to do to many things at once. Maybe he is right. Idk.

Don't give up if it is something you really want to do. I smoked for 30 years and no one demanded of me to quit either, but to start a biz I had to get life insurance. It would have doubled if I didn't quit smoking---that was my last cigarette. The good thing--I never looked back and went cold turkey, the bad thing---I picked up food. I was determined not to do it, and like losing weight, not an easy feat. The crazy thing is, a few times a cigarette has looked soooo good, and if I took a hit felt like it was going to gag me, now I can't even stand the smell of smoke. Baby steps, don't smoke for one hour, then another, by then a day goes by and then another. Try and relax, replace the cig with something else. If you go to smoke, stop, and do the other thing---call someone, get on here and update us, walk around the block or office, make some herbal tea (try some and there might be one you love and can use when you want coffee). Good luck.

@@Jane1979 you only fail when you quit. Take a deep breath and start again