Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 months post-op, need help with diet

I am not getting diet info that helps me and I can't see my doc until next month. Can someone please help me by telling me what their daily diet consists of (a woman) in ounces and total calories, Protein, fat and carbs daily. My nut gives me plans that consist of foods I don't like and can't prepare as my work schedule does not allow me to cook each day and eat the same time each day. If I can get a daily target amount of nutrition for each day along with portion sizes in ounces or grams I think it may solve part of my problems.

I'm not good at eyeballing a piece of meat to determine its the size of a deck of cards or estimating this piece of meat is about 1/2 cup. At this point I need to go by ounces/grams as I need a more specific way to determine portions. I'm doing something wrong and I'm giving up. I bought a digital scale so I can weigh everything in advance but I need to know how much.

Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think at 10 months, I was about 1000 calories per day. I still drank 1 Premier Protein ready to drink shake per day (and still do at almost 16 months post-op). My NUT told me to get no more than 3 oz of meat (or primary source of protein) at one meal. I generally ate 3 meals and had at least 1 snack (usually the Premier Protein shake) and then sometimes an additional small snack. I ate (and still do) things like chicken salad (with low fat mayo), roasted chicken, deli turkey, pork tenderloin, 2% cheese sticks, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, goat cheese on Tomato, cucumber and onion salad, roasted artichokes, fresh blueberries and blackberries. I generally prepare a roasted chicken breast and maybe 1 other meat (chicken salad or pork tenderloin, etc.) on Sunday night and then eat off of it during the week. For lunches, I often eat out and look for grilled chicken on salad (I can eat very little of the actual veggies after finishing the protein) or I eat fajitas and ask them to use as little oil as possible. Here is a link to a blog that has lots of great lunch ideas (and then all kinds of other meal ideas) - http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-bento-box-rocks.html. Hope that helps!

Thanks Daisee68. Do you also eat veggies with the 3oz of meat, is so, how much. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes, I do if I have room left. Probably 1/4 to 1/2 cup or so of veggies at that stage?

At ten months, I was still in weight loss mode and a typical day might look like:

Breakfast: 2 oz spicy turkey sausage + 1 oz refried Beans

Lunch: 2 oz chopped chicken breast + 1 oz chopped green veggies + 1/2 T. salad dressing

Dinner: 2 oz tuna salad + 1 shirred egg

Another day might be:

Breakfast: 2.5 ounces Greek yogurt with 1/2 ounce almond butter stirred in

Lunch: 1/2 turkey spinach feta burger patty

Dinner: 2 oz lamb chop, 1 oz oven roasted broccoli

And another day:

Breakfast: 3 oz sirloin steak rolled with dabs of mustard inside romaine lettuce leaves

Lunch: 1/2 can sardines + 1 oz chopped grilled asparagus

Dinner: 1 egg + 1 egg white scrambled with curry sauce & 1 T. cheddar cheese

Snacks on all days: Protein shakes only

My basic rules were: 3 meals per day of 3 ounces per meal (at a year out I went up to 4-5 ounces per meal), no Snacks other than Protein Shakes

At least 2 oz of each meal must be high Protein food (meat, fish, eggs, beans)

No grains, starchy veggies, sweets, tropical fruits, or liquid calories other than Protein Shakes

I leaned heavily -- and still do -- on frozen and prepared food from Trader Joe's and my local food coop.