Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in September!!

Momlambert

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You're attitude about the last 6 months has always been upbeat and positive. I'm sure like you said, once things get settled you'll be losing like a champ. And true with all that chaos you could have easily and understandably gained 20 pounds. You're fantastic!

Nikki

It might take me a full 20 minutes to eat a cup of cottage cheese but I could, and I've got restriction...do you eat much fish or other Protein?

Jeni

That's a crazy schedule! OH My! Hang in there.

btw

I started working out with a trainer this week and my arms feel so incredibly sore. I love her and the new motivation she brings to the workouts, but oh my goodness........

OUCH!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I cannot believe that it has been 6mos....but what a difference the band has made in such a short time. I was at 459lbs pre-op and I am now down to about 385lbs...No more back aches as I walt through the mall.....I am anxious to see what my weight loss will be in a year!

Well I got on my scales today, was really nervous that I would gain in the past couple of days, but low and behold I have not gained. I was working on a quilt at my sisters and I know I didn't begin to get enough Water and I didn't do any excersise except sit at a sewing machine all day for two days. I really was excited that I hadn't gained. I do think maybe I have some good restriction now. I'm not hungry and I stay full much longer than every before. I'm really excited about that. So I'm hoping I will start losing a little faster than before.

I can't believe its been 6 months and everyone is doing so good. It will be amazing to see what everyone does in the next 6 months. I will be glad when the next 6 months goes by as we are entering winter months, which is always hard for me. I just don't like cold weather, so enjoy the nice weather that we are having right now.

Good luck to everyone and stay the course. We will make it together.

Thank you all for your condolences and sweet words--you bring tears to my eyes. Thanks, OHJuli for noticing what the last six months have been for me and for uplifting me. We've all conquered some of our demons and ridden our own roller coasters these last six months, haven't we! How empowering is that???

Keep it up, Marchies! You guys look fantastic.

Momlampert, I am sorry to read about the passing of your dad. May you find comfort during this difficult time.

Jeni, sounds like your in starvation mode to me. I was watching biggest loser the other night the trainer said that that is a huge problem with people that our trying to lose weight. You have to eat so your body doesn't hold on to the fat and calories.

happy 6 month anniversary everyone, it sure has been interesting. I am soo glad I have this lapband on, now starts the time of year that I normally pack on the lb's.

Momlampert, I am sorry to read about the passing of your dad. May you find comfort during this difficult time.

Jeni, sounds like your in starvation mode to me. I was watching biggest loser the other night the trainer said that that is a huge problem with people that our trying to lose weight. You have to eat so your body doesn't hold on to the fat and calories.

Thanks, Janine. I appreciate your condolences--it is a difficult time.

I keep hearing about the need to eat more calories to lose weight and I just can't reconcile how that works with the band. Anyone?

TGIF

momlambert/So sorry to hear about your father. Grief is a hard emotion to handle. When a loss like this occurs, we all need to remember to make the most of the time we have with our loved ones.

It looks like everyone is losing and not gaining....could we have said that a year ago? I don't think I could have! I was 47 lbs heavier last year at this time....WOW my son weighs 48.5!

Saw the Dr. on Monday and he said my 6 lb loss in 4 weeks was just perfect...That's what he wants to see in all his patients. ( I could have lost more if I had stuck to my exercise routine and stayed away from the m & m's and the banana cream pie blizzard at DQ!)

I'm having a difficult time staying away from sweets.

I bought a whole bunch of different flavors of soy Protein Shake mix samples. When I get that need for sugar, I'll make one of those.

I just have to remember these changes are for life and I need to get my eating under control.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend

I'm a little nervous as this storm approaches our area. We still haven't recovered from Katrina. Hurricane time always means a lot of food. You eat, watch the TV, eat, eat and take turns sleeping. This will be the first one since lapband. Pray for me. I don't want to graze my way through this weekend. Thanks.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thank you everyone for all the compliments and the encouragement.

Mary, you are looking awesome!

Hugs to you Karen, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Well, my B-day has passed and I didn't make it to ONE-DER-LAND. That's OK though only 3 more pounds to go!!! :cheer2::wow2:

My BMI is now 29! I am no longer considered "obese"!!! :eek:

Good Luck Jazlady, hope everything turns out OK...

Momlambert and Dems - isn't it funny how sometimes we think, gee all I've lost so far is X amount of lbs, that sucks.

But it took a lot to get to where we are now. And with everything going on in our lives, without the band we probably would have GAINED weight.

For me, it didn't take 6 months to gain all the weight, so I don't know why I get so impatient sometimes. I know it'll come off, I'm doing everything right. And you know what, if I want that cookie, I'm going to eat it. Because thats normal. I work out, a lot. And I'm eating great, a lot. So I refuse to feel bad if I have that cookie, or some ice cream, or some m&m's (which I really like now, I don't know why). I can't eat like I used to, and as long as I have my band I know I won't be able to.

Enough of my ranting. Have a good weekend Marchies...