Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in September!!

Denise you look awesome!

Thank you all for the encouragement. I just keep telling myself once I reach my "sweet spot" then I KNOW the weight will start coming off again. So I can't wait :D

I'm doing a few days of liquids - mostly because I've been sick and having issues with vomiting, so I'm sticking to liquids to make sure I keep stuff down!

Julie you are sure on your way and looking amazing!

Denise I hope you feel better !

lilnena, 75 lbs is a lot be proud! It will be so nice to be banded for the Holidays, you will do just fine.

OK girls ready for the big update. As you know I was so tight and truly felt I was in some type of starvation mode. I was sucking down shakes just to get by.

Well, now with a slight unfill for the last few days, I have been able to eat Protein and chili, and fruit, and veggies, and salads too! I lost 2 pounds , it is so crazy. I feel soooo much better, now consuming food again.

Girls, I think if we listen our bodys really tal;k to us.

Tammy you need to buy yourself some skinny pants girl!

I'm here to tell everyone how proud I am. I'm proud to be a Marchie!

All of us have our own stories, our own accomplishments and dissappointments. I'm glad to log in and see how everyone is doing. And the support and feeling of togetherness I get from all of you really helps keep me accountable. We are all unique and lose differently and those differences are embraced here at LBtalk.

What a journey! We are all 6 months out and look what we've accomplished!

WaY To Go EvEryOne!

:clap2: Janine that is awesome!

And - I weighed myself this morning! Lets change that number to 76.5lbs in 1 year :whoo:

I haven't been on here since June it seems - that's terrible. I don't know how I let it go so long.

Tammy - you're my comparison tool as we have the same highest weight, pre-surgery weight, and height I think. We were pretty much neck and neck for a while, but I've stalled for the last 5 weeks or so, and now you're blowing me away. I've been way lazy on the working-out front though, so you deserve it.

I wanted to be under 220 by the end of July, and one day it suddenly went from a plateau at about 222 to a weight of 213, which was awesome. Sadly, I've stayed there since then. I fluctuate between 213 and 215 and have for more than a month now. As I said though, I have not been doing hardly anything as far as exercise, so I need to get on it. It's amazing how time flies and I realize it's been SO long since I've been to the gym or anything.

My fill is crazy these days. Some days I can hardly get down a drink of Water, and I'm scared I'm way overtight. Then the next day I can eat an entire meal and feel fine. It's a strange feeling of needing an unfill 1 minute, and needing a fill the next. I'm trying to just leave it as is and go with it though.

I've been craving dry foods like crazy. I can't eat bread (or heaven forbid pizza crust - my one attempt was tragic) for anything, but I crave crackers and popcorn and chex mix - anything just dry and crunchy. Strangely, theses actually go down much better than say chicken or salmon. I give in too much to my cravings though.

My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year. It's a wimpy, wimpy goal, but hopefully this means I can blow it out of the Water. I went on vacation to California for 5 days and was a little concerned about letting myself go, but I came back to a weight of 213.4, so it was a-ok. Amazingly, I didn't even feel like eating too much when I was there. There's this mind-set that vacations are all about food, but like I said, I didn't even want to overeat.

I've got to get back on track, but I'm still thrilled with my weight loss thus far and with the surgery in general.

I've missed you all! Congratulations to everyone - Juli you're doing AWESOME!!!

Hi Laralyn welcome back.

I am like you and hoping to be under 200 by the end of the year, actually I am hoping for November 1 but at 219 I think I am a little too optimistic.

You should hang around more with this thread, I thin it is very helpful.

Have a nice week!

Hello everyone-

Keep up the good work!

I go for my second fill in the morning. Hopefully my wieght will come off a little easire, at 217, I'm hoping to be under 200 by x-mas as a gift to myseld, and heck, if it comes sooner, which I secretly (not so secret huh?) wish, then I'll just se a new goal!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Happy Monday!!!!

I'm wearing a size 14w today!!!!!! yipee

:whoo: That's Awesome!!!

Denise, hope your feeling better, OH Juli, you look awesome.

Welcome back Laralynn!

demsvmejm, I completely agree. I love coming on here and reading about all of the success of marchies. It completely motivates me.

And Janine, funny how now that your eating more, your dropping the pounds!

Marchies are awesome and I don't feel like I am traveling this road alone. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! :eek:

Thickchick-the average woman is a size 14...you are average size now girl!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! :clap2:

Janine, I'm so glad you are finally eating!!! :hungry:

lilnena, KEEP IT GOING!!! :clap:

laralynn, it's so good hearing from you! We all hit plateaus once in awhile. I have been very lucky, but I think my luck just ran out. I'm at a stand still. No weight loss last week. It would happen now that I'm trying to get under 200lbs. :bored I won't worry about it though. I'll get back on track and so will you, but get your butt back to the gym! :biggrin1:

Nikki, Good Luck at your fill appt and let us know how you feel.

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Ok heres my sick confession for the week. I bake some cookie dough that my grandson sold last year. It was near the expiration date, so I baked it yesterday as a bar cookie not as a drop cookie. It was a triple chocolate, well I couldn't let it go, so this morning I threw it out to the birds. The funny thing was as I was walking it outside I was eating on it, good thing the phone rang. I had to throw it and now its only good for the birds. LOL. I really do have a serious problems with chocolate and sweets. I did give some of it to my neighbor yesterday. You know share the wealth.

Oh well I have the rest of today to do better. Hope everyone has a great day, sounds as if everyone is doing great. Stay the course everyone.

Carol what do you mean do better, the fact that those darn Cookies

are laying in the grass in your backyard is great!!! You did just fine!!

Thick chick 14 That is awesome!

For anyone that has been a plus size for ever, I found out that if the plus size is big in the ole butt, you need a lady's size.

I thought I would never get out of those damn old lady plus size clothes. I went from a 26 to a 18w. But then I went to lord and taylor and said to the lady, 'Why are these pants so baggy in the butt? she said Honey you need to go up to the ladies department. I have never ventured there, even as a 10 year old girl I was a plus size. So I bought a standard ladies 18 pants and it fit! Oh the possibilities are endless.

Also today I wore jeans that were too long so I put on higher heeled shoes. They are a 9W I wore them at work for about an hour, I felt like I was wearing my DH shoes, they are so000 big now. I had to curl my toes to keep them on. Has anyone else lost weight in there feet. My wedding ring is history also, way to loose. I am just amazed at these small changes.

Anyone else have any stories?

Toodles

Yes, Janine, the possibilities ARE endless! Good for you--what a great NSV.

Everyone is doing awesome--keep it up! It's just so inspiring to me to see your victories.

I'm actually feeling restriction for basically the first time. I had my 8th fill a week ago tomorrow and am now at 3.3 in my 4 band. The downside is that I had 2 slime/pb episodes in the last 4 days but I'm learning. The upside is that I HAVE RESTRICTION! Woohoo. Now I just need to learn to chew chew chew and take m & m-sized bites. The band is really doing it's behavior modification job for me on those two counts.

I'm doing Curves and just joined their diet class so we'll see how that goes. I'm ready to start losing (I have been ready for six months, of course, but now I'm ready to start with some help via restriction).

Good luck to everyone--keep up the great work. Karen

I haven't been on here since June it seems - that's terrible. I don't know how I let it go so long.

Tammy - you're my comparison tool as we have the same highest weight, pre-surgery weight, and height I think. We were pretty much neck and neck for a while, but I've stalled for the last 5 weeks or so, and now you're blowing me away. I've been way lazy on the working-out front though, so you deserve it.

I wanted to be under 220 by the end of July, and one day it suddenly went from a plateau at about 222 to a weight of 213, which was awesome. Sadly, I've stayed there since then. I fluctuate between 213 and 215 and have for more than a month now. As I said though, I have not been doing hardly anything as far as exercise, so I need to get on it. It's amazing how time flies and I realize it's been SO long since I've been to the gym or anything.

My fill is crazy these days. Some days I can hardly get down a drink of Water, and I'm scared I'm way overtight. Then the next day I can eat an entire meal and feel fine. It's a strange feeling of needing an unfill 1 minute, and needing a fill the next. I'm trying to just leave it as is and go with it though.

I've been craving dry foods like crazy. I can't eat bread (or heaven forbid pizza crust - my one attempt was tragic) for anything, but I crave crackers and popcorn and chex mix - anything just dry and crunchy. Strangely, theses actually go down much better than say chicken or salmon. I give in too much to my cravings though.

My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year. It's a wimpy, wimpy goal, but hopefully this means I can blow it out of the Water. I went on vacation to California for 5 days and was a little concerned about letting myself go, but I came back to a weight of 213.4, so it was a-ok. Amazingly, I didn't even feel like eating too much when I was there. There's this mind-set that vacations are all about food, but like I said, I didn't even want to overeat.

I've got to get back on track, but I'm still thrilled with my weight loss thus far and with the surgery in general.

I've missed you all! Congratulations to everyone - Juli you're doing AWESOME!!!

Hey Friend,

Please get a slight unfill---this same thing happen to me--one day can't even drink water without getting sick..the next day fine. Your body will start going starvation mode..and that is pretty awful!

Denise