Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I will have been sleeved a month on Sunday. How much did y'all lose Month one? I'm trying to see if I'm on track. I feel like I'm losing slowly.....starting weight was 240 on surgery date and am now 222. Started out losing like crazy but had to be hospitalized and gained 9 lbs during my stay.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on 8/18/16 and a month out I have lost 35 lbs, but I am now at a stall. scale has not moved expect 1 pound up and down. If you were on IV fluids in the hospital the gain could be from that. Just do as your Drs say and you should start seeing the weight coming off again.

I do hope you are feeling better now.

Please please please do NOT make the mistake of comparing yourself to others. It is nothing but a recipe for misery and disaster. There is no such thing as "on track" with weight loss at only one month out. You have spent weeks healing and adapting. You may still have internal swelling. You may have experienced the Dreaded Week 3 Stall.

In the first month, "on track" is getting all your Water and Protein in, taking your Vitamins, sticking to your food phases, getting up and WALKING as much as possible, and allowing yourself to heal. It has NOTHING to do with the scale right now.

Please please please do NOT make the mistake of comparing yourself to others. It is nothing but a recipe for misery and disaster. There is no such thing as "on track" with weight loss at only one month out. You have spent weeks healing and adapting. You may still have internal swelling. You may have experienced the Dreaded Week 3 Stall.

In the first month, "on track" is getting all your Water and Protein in, taking your Vitamins, sticking to your food phases, getting up and WALKING as much as possible, and allowing yourself to heal. It has NOTHING to do with the scale right now.

^^^^ This!! I have seen this advice many times on this site, and right now, I live by it! Early on, we need to focus on our Protein and Fluid goals and getting/keeping ourselves healthy! Even later on, comparison can be dangerous to your self esteem and sabotage your progress. Each person's journey is different. You WILL lose the weight. Just be patient!

This is the best answer. Do not compare. Weight loss after surgery is as distinctly different as fingerprints. No two are ever alike, and neither is better than the other. You'll only drive yourself crazy. Best wishes!

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. Everyone experiences stalls and just about everyone experiences a stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program. Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids. Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed. Exercise when cleared. Stay off the scale. And, Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall.

I'm one month and week I've lost 25lbs I didn't losing any on my fifth week today but last week I list 4lbs I'm trying to stay positive the Dr. said I was doing good no more than 2.5 lbs a week and You will stall I'm not Looking forward to that though.

I need you to leave this on a voice mail for me so I can just listen to it over and over lol

I know this. I have been listening to the wisdom from you and a few other veterans and I know it intellectually. I can not tell you how much I appreciate you guys and the knowledge you continue to share even when sometimes it doesn't seem appreciated

I've always been a quick loser (and a horrible maintainer) and now post surgery it seems soooo slow. Just trying to remember that even slow loss is loss. And my real life mentor keeps telling me - as long as you stick to the plan, these pounds are gone for good :)

I'll take that.

You are down 18 lbs!!!! Own it!

@@thatmeanone Another one of my tidbits of wisdom that served me well in my weight loss phase is this. People are in a rush to lose weight quickly post-sleeve, because they have spent a lifetime dieting. But unlike a "diet", you will never be DONE with your sleeve. There is no need to sprint to the finish so you can return to your "normal" life. I promise you, no matter how frustrated you are with your "slow" loss in the moment, you will NOT be looking back two years from now thinking "if only I'd reached goal one month sooner". You will be enjoying your new active and healthy life, maintaining your goal weight and never looking back at all!

@@thatmeanone Another one of my tidbits of wisdom that served me well in my weight loss phase is this. People are in a rush to lose weight quickly post-sleeve, because they have spent a lifetime dieting. But unlike a "diet", you will never be DONE with your sleeve. There is no need to sprint to the finish so you can return to your "normal" life. I promise you, no matter how frustrated you are with your "slow" loss in the moment, you will NOT be looking back two years from now thinking "if only I'd reached goal one month sooner". You will be enjoying your new active and healthy life, maintaining your goal weight and never looking back at all!

Even though the statement wasn't directed at me, Thank you, you are so right. I needed to hear that.

Edited by gustavio

this is such a key shift from the old way of thinking! and you put this so very well.

success is moving towards a healthier relationship with appropriate servings of real food - not getting the fewest calories possible or dropping weight the fastest you can - although for all of us it is about loosing body fat. it is about seeing what your body can do movement wise (which is going to be different depending on other health issues) - and recapturing our real lives. the people who are truly successful navigate to this new normal.

this is such a key shift from the old way of thinking! and you put this so very well.

success is moving towards a healthier relationship with appropriate servings of real food - not getting the fewest calories possible or dropping weight the fastest you can - although for all of us it is about loosing body fat. it is about seeing what your body can do movement wise (which is going to be different depending on other health issues) - and recapturing our real lives. the people who are truly successful navigate to this new normal.

You ladies are so right - really on point with your outlook. I have to say that I already am feeling so remarkably better it's unbelievable. Would never have thought that such a small loss could make such a huge difference.

Prior to surgery I was having almost constant ankle, knee and hip pain and now I'm away for the weekend with my husband 6 weeks post op walking miles up and down the beach. Went kayaking this morning and still went and walked the boardwalk this afternoon.

This was really the whole point for me. An active life without pain.