Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help please! So many questions - lots of pain and confusion

Hi all,

I've read/participated in a lot of threads. This is an awesome community and I'm so thankful I found it. I've found some answers through talking around and searching old threads, but I'm still confused about so much.

1. I'm in pain (more like severe discomfort) constantly. The overstuffed full nauseous feeling never backs away. My tummy gurgles and I swear I can feel swallows get stuck. I've tried the gasx strips. Didn't seem to help or hurt. I am walking, it is all around my house as I live in the south and am concerned about dehydration.

2. I take 14 pills. Most of them are mental health meds so I can't just skip them. I think that's why the full feeling won't die down. I cannot get ahold of my surgeon or nut - I'm in Clear liquids only phase so I'd love to try mixing these in SF applesauce but not sure if it'd mess me up.

3. I cannot drink enough. I get some Water and Powerade in daily, but not 64oz. I get 1 Protein shake and some Protein liquid in, about 60-70g. I'm only getting 300 or so calories.

I am so frustrated I cried for the first time during all of this. I made it through the liquid preop diet, surgery itself all fine with no cheating or crying. Sounds dumb, but I was proud of myself.

Other info - I'm 5 days out (surgery was 9/15). I do have BMs but they are very loose. I am up and walking, I walk my steps a lot and in circles all around my house.

Any advice would be much much appreciated. Thank you!

@@rolosmom7 Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Are you taking anything for the nausea? Are you on a PPI for stomach acid? Try drinking fluids at different temps - some people can tolerate warm tea or hot broth or even iced cold Water easier. See what works best for you. You'll probably feel better once you can get in enough fluids. Dehydration can cause nausea as well. I would call your surgeon back again and ask to speak to the nurse about being able to have apple sauce with your pills. It's not acceptable that no one is calling you back. Hope you feel better soon!

Do you take dissoving anti nausea meds. If not prescribed maybe ask for it. They help a lot and dissolve on the tongue. I find not using the little cups has helped with gas. I use regular glass and room tempreture liquids. Best wishes

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Do you take dissoving anti nausea meds. If not prescribed maybe ask for it. They help a lot and dissolve on the tongue. I find not using the little cups has helped with gas. I use regular glass and room tempreture liquids. Best wishes

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

@@rolosmom7 Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Are you taking anything for the nausea? Are you on a PPI for stomach acid? Try drinking fluids at different temps - some people can tolerate warm tea or hot broth or even iced cold Water easier. See what works best for you. You'll probably feel better once you can get in enough fluids. Dehydration can cause nausea as well. I would call your surgeon back again and ask to speak to the nurse about being able to have apple sauce with your pills. It's not acceptable that no one is calling you back. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you both. Yes, I take a PPI - pantaprazole which is thankfully a very small pill, I make sure to get that one in 1st thing. I also have the zofran dissolving tabs. Warm Fluid is MUCH better - I take caramel or chocolate Protein powder and put it into steamed milk, tastes like a latte without the espresso shot. Couldn't get any cold milk Protein shake down, have ditched that for now. Thank you all again. ❤

Maybe your prescriber of mental heal meds could guide you a little? Also, I could not talk to my surgeons nurse after surgery when I had panic over some very toxic gout meds, and only after I demanded to talk to the surgeon did his "not there" nurse miraculously pick up the phone. I tend to think for the first couple of weeks they know people panic and call them, but trust your gut instinct when you have a problem and know when to seek medical attention, such as going to the ER. I think you might settle down a bit, and hope the nausea goes away. Do the best you can but try to talk to someone before the weekend. Good luck girl!

Maybe your prescriber of mental heal meds could guide you a little? Also, I could not talk to my surgeons nurse after surgery when I had panic over some very toxic gout meds, and only after I demanded to talk to the surgeon did his "not there" nurse miraculously pick up the phone. I tend to think for the first couple of weeks they know people panic and call them, but trust your gut instinct when you have a problem and know when to seek medical attention, such as going to the ER. I think you might settle down a bit, and hope the nausea goes away. Do the best you can but try to talk to someone before the weekend. Good luck girl!

Yes, thank you that's a good idea. I'll try my psychiatrist.

You will feel so much better soon! You have to remember that you are only 5 days out from major surgery. I felt SO much better after the first week and just feel better every day. I'm 6 weeks post op. You will feel better soon too! I know it is hard right now but try and be patient.

You will feel so much better soon! You have to remember that you are only 5 days out from major surgery. I felt SO much better after the first week and just feel better every day. I'm 6 weeks post op. You will feel better soon too! I know it is hard right now but try and be patient.

Thank you! I think I forget with it being lap. [emoji173]

It is so hard to remember when you can't "see" it. I had a hard time with the fact that I felt ok and figured everything going on inside me should be fine too but there is so much swelling going on in there and it just takes time to heal.

It is so hard to remember when you can't "see" it. I had a hard time with the fact that I felt ok and figured everything going on inside me should be fine too but there is so much swelling going on in there and it just takes time to heal.

Thanks Kellie - I think all the discomfort may actually be pain, so I'm trying my painkillers back on a 4 hour schedule. Thought I was fine without them, but perhaps not yet.

Thanks again to everyone for the help. It's so nice ❤????

Hang in there! Feel free to ping me if you need someone to vent to. [emoji3]

I can relate because I am not that far ahead of you. At 5 days out, I was having serious buyer's remorse. You'll be amazed how much better you feel in a few days, then another few days and then at 2 weeks.

I'm still not at 100% but I am 50 times better than I was at day 5.

Hang in there!

Just a thought, but maybe the milk is not agreeing with you. My surgeon recommends lactose free/fat free milk.

CW 227 5'5" 61yrs

Thanks. I actually got the lactaid milk to prevent that. I have applesauce approved, so I'm going to try taking pills with it.

I can relate because I am not that far ahead of you. At 5 days out, I was having serious buyer's remorse. You'll be amazed how much better you feel in a few days, then another few days and then at 2 weeks.

I'm still not at 100% but I am 50 times better than I was at day 5.

Hang in there!

So glad to know I'm not alone/crazy. Hope your journey is going well!

Hang in there! Feel free to ping me if you need someone to vent to.

????❤ thanks