Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last day of liquid diet, surgery tomorrow!

Well, 1 day post surgery and I guess I'm doing well. Very little pain, usually only when I'm getting out of bed, it's around the incisions. Not much gas either, just a feeling of fullness. Walked laps around the nurses station two times yesterday. Doing the breathing treatments. Had some broth last night and I was hungry, sort of. No the bad hunger tough more like I knew I needed something. This morning is the leak test. My surgeon said last night that she might release me today if all continues to go well. Not sure if I'm all in favor of that because I live about 2 1/2 hours away from the doc. and hospital. I guess the only source of confusion I have concerns which meds I can crush and which ones I can't evidently crushing some meds changes their properties. Going to have to get that cleared up before I leave.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

To continue..the nurse came in. My Water sipping is no problem. No gagging or pain associated with it as I had expected from the classes. I think overall I'm doing quite well which is a blessing for a 70 year old man. I don't know how much time I have I have left on this earth, is up to the good lord, but whatever it is I hope is much lighter and easier to just get around in my daily activities. Even walking around the grocery store is a struggle . Maybe not when I get the pounds off. Feel free to ask questions if your surgery date is coming up. Finally, Heather you need to report in. How did your day go yesterday. I'm worried about you and don't even know you. Y'all have a great day!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1474201603.437606.jpg. . Well 24 hours from now my surgery should be in progress. It's been a 1 1/2 year effort to get to this point mostly because of a coronary stent procedure a little over a year ago. Today is the last day of the liquid diet, only Clear liquids, --lookout chicken broth! After the first few days I fell into a routine which I described in a previous post. Basically, I stayed away from prepared food, my wife usually ate by herself, and my new best friends are Greek yogurt, Isopure and Premier Protein drinks, and broth. Watching football games yesterday, the double meat and cheese hamburger commercials were almost too much! Anyway, I've lost about 16 pounds and hope that's enough. Starting weight was 360 and today's weight is 344. You guys just beginning the journey hang in there. If I can do it without cheating you can too! I know the next few weeks will be rough too but it will be worth it if my last years on earth will not be the struggle it has in recent years (I will be 70 in December). I'll give a post surgery report when I can but in the meantime, say a little prayer for me and the others who will be sleeved tomorrow! God bless!

Best wishes to you Butch! My surgery is the 22nd. I'm so excited! You got this

So happy for you Butch. I'm one week out. Walking is the key at least for me. It doesn't have to be long just often. I'm sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for all things good.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Butch, my husband is 69, had a stent 12 years ago, has terrible diabetes. He has lost 100 lbs, his health has improved, and he has gone from 320 to less than 220 at 6'2". You will never regret this decision! CHeers!!!

Well, two days post surgery and this has probably been the roughest. During the night Last night it seemed I had to urinate every 30 minutes or so. Really irritating. Getting in and out of bed was no fun because of the soreness in my abdomen. Made it through the night then this morning had in my lower bowels hit. Has been off and on all day. A little diarrhea this morning but not much because there's not much in my colon except Water. Drove home from Dallas, a two hour trip with no complications but I sipped Water all the way while my wife drove. Was exhausted when we got home and I did nothing but ride! Fell into bed and napped. Back up now and sipping again. Gas has kicked back up but soreness seems to be better. The past 24 hours have been the toughest. Being at home in my own bed will help I'm sure. Oh well, just part of the journey. As the old saying goes: "no pain, no gain"

I'm glad to hear you are doing well! Keep on sipping those fluids and moving around as much as possible. You are doing great. You will be tired a lot, so let yourself rest. I napped a lot the first two weeks. sleep is good for healing.

Walking frequent short walks really helps the gas and prevents complications

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App