Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous About Stress Test and Endoscopy

These are the last two things I have to have done before I see the surgeon again for a reassessment and approval. He wanted a cardiac clearance, which they did the EKG and an ultrasound of my heart. I go Tuesday for a stress test. I have a heel spur on my left heel that bothers me quite a bit, but I guess I will have to push through the pain on the treadmill. I know I can do it, it is just not knowing what to expect. And I go next Friday for my Endoscopy. So hopefully in October I can see the doctor and get the ball rolling even further. We are hoping to at least have the surgery done in December. Wow am I nervous now that it is getting to the last parts of my to do list. I guess you could say I am worried about what his final decision will be. I wish I wasn't such a worry wart! I've been trying to get weight loss surgery for 3 years, I need it to happen this time!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Idk how all stress tests are done, but I had one last month and they just had me run as fast as I could and stopped me before I fell. Lol. I told them I needed to stop in a few minutes and they went ahead and stopped me right away, so hopefully you'll have the same experience and won't end up too uncomfortable! Gl!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! The cardiologist said "some light walking", but everyone I have talked to kinda giggled and said it will not be light walking. Something about they incline the machine and keep increasing the speed. I guess I shall see!

Thanks! The cardiologist said "some light walking", but everyone I have talked to kinda giggled and said it will not be light walking. Something about they incline the machine and keep increasing the speed. I guess I shall see!

I have had several cardiac tests in the past (strong family history of heart disease) and I too was very worried about the stress test. I was obese and out of shape and I have never been athletic, even when I was normal weight I could never run for more than a few seconds. The stress test was very easy. They are trying to get your heart rate up to a certain level and then see how your heart responds to working at that level. For a fat, out of shape person like myself it didn't take much to get my heart rate up. I would say it was very slow, easy jogging. The guys running the test were awesome, very nice and funny actually. When I got my heart rate up to speed they counted out loud how long I would have to keep jogging, so I knew there was an end in sight! You will be fine.

Do you remember about how long you had to keep jogging? And thanks! Makes me feel a little better knowing what to expect!

Can you ask for a nuclear stress test? I had to have both types, and the nuclear stress test was by far the easiest stress test ever. They inject you with a chemical and in couple of minutes it's over. Most cardiologists prefer the latter. He wouldn't even look at the exercise stress test to give me clearance. I was so frustrated I did that for nothing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I did see something about them doing nuclear stress tests, and the nurse said after she did the EKG that the doctor would be in to discuss what he wanted to do next. I asked her about any stress test, as I didn't go prepared, and she said it was all up to him. I had forgot to ask about the nuclear when he got in there because we got off on different topics, very nice doctor. I should have stayed more focused on my questions. I will see about it when I go back and see if I can do that instead. I would call, but it would take forever to get a call back. I would already be on the surgery table by the time they called to let me know the answer lol, and by then it would be too late lol!

Do you remember about how long you had to keep jogging? And thanks! Makes me feel a little better knowing what to expect!

I don't remember, maybe a couple of minutes, but it was a slow jog :)

Phew, thanks! That SHOULD be ok on my heel. I'll just make them aware that I have that heel spur (again). My foot doctor actually told me to stay off treadmills, but I will make an exception for this because I need this surgery really bad.