Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone my name is Danielle. I had the revision from lap band to gastric bypass done on September 6 , 2016. I had the band done in 2009 and had so many problems with it from vomiting to constant chest pain. When I tried to return to my surgeon he went out of practice due to many lawsuits that were ahead of him. I tried a GI doctor having a endoscopy and med treatments. That helped temporarily. Then my grandmother had dementia so I dedicated my life to helping my mom with her care at home until her passing. Just searching one day I found a office and made a appointment. When the Surgeon told me that he could fix it i was so overwhelmed with Joy. I went through the pre op process which took 7 months.

On my surgery day after my surgery he came to my room to talk to me instead of the 2 hours it took 4 and a half hours because the lap band was embedded in my stomach but he said he was determined to get it done and he sure did! That night after I was awake and although I was in pain I walked and when I got to my room I walked and walked. I tolerated the po challenge of one liter the next day and 2 hours later I was discharged.

I am so thankful and happy to find this app and happy to see some people are around my surgery date and especially the people who have had it done before are here to help us whom have just entered the journey.

Ps. Has anyone had problems with cold feet?

Welcome Danielle! I'm so glad you found us!

You've already gone through the "hard" part- living through the problems with the band, the pre-op for bypass, and now surgery. Welcome to the other side!

I'm bypass, but never had band or sleeve. There are many here who have had revisions though, and they will pipe in, I'm sure!

So you are- by my count- 6 days post op- still on liquids? Soon to be on mushies?? You will, of course, have lots to offer, and lots to learn.

As for cold feet? Not necessarily cold feet- but I know I am, in general, colder than I was pre-op.

Again, welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much. Yes seems like post op I was having hot flashes and now I get cold especially my feet. I will have to take that up with the surgeon this week

Yes I cannot wait for the second phase I am more of a savory person lol.

How are you making out I am so glad to have found this site.

Welcome! And congrats for making it this far. This is a wonderful site for support and information and I encourage you to take full advantage of the wealth of wisdom the vets here have to offer. It's been invaluable for me.

Invest in warm socks! . . . and blankets . . . My surgery was in January and I have never been so happy to see summer in my life. I was so cold! And the more weight you lose, the colder you'll be. Oh, and invest in a seat cushion of some sort! Because the flatter your bum gets, the harder the chairs get. At least until you learn how to sit on an uncushioned backside. :)

Best of luck on your journey.

Welcome! Your story is inspiring and I'm so happy you were finally able to fine the help you needed. You new surgeon sounds like a gem. ????

@@Danielle Rhodes

My husband swears I am dead. ;) My hands and feet are always freezing cold and I love to stick them on his very warm body to warm them up.

He swears I am dead.....the rest of me is always cold as well. All summer I have worn a light jacket or have been wrapped in a blanket.

I have to say that I am ok with this because when I was fat, I was always hot and sweaty. I would much rather layer on clothing than be hot. I am going through menopause and I was getting about 50 hot flashes per day and I just could not tolerate them. My whole body would be soaked in moments and then I would literally chatter from how cold I would get.

Thankfully I started using essential oils and my hot flashes are almost gone completely. :)