Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

off topic but.....where, what were you doing september 11, 2001?

i was 46 years old

was at work when i heard the news

small tv in area - many watched in shock

i worked for the state -Albany closed

all work throughout the state

such a sad/horrible day to remember

kathy

Ironically , on my way to work I was in a car accident that totaled my car that I had recently paid in full. I was so upset. The police bought me home and I was on the phone with the insurance company filing a claim and watching TV. I saw the first tower hit, then the second. Suddenly the car accident was nothing...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the BariatricPal App

Teaching my class of second graders. No idea anything was amiss until clasd ended at around 12:30

make it a great day

i was out doing home health visits for one of my infant clients..had no idea of what it all meant till i got home! And it's my mother's bday(RIH)

I was at home, in Sydney, and I was supposed to be flying out to LA and New York later on that day.

Instead, I ended up watching TV all day, and chatting with my friend on the phone, who was supposed to be on the trip with me.

We were shocked, scared, tearful and very worried.

It was a very emotional day and evening for us. The world changed that day!

R.I.P all the innocent victims

I was 20. At work. Getting situated into my morning routine. coffee, then Logged onto yahoo news about 845 and saw a pic of a plane going into the tower. I thought hmm i knew one day those skyscrapers would get in the way. Read the report then got up to go to the copy room. That's when i found out the other plane hit. I felt something was wrong at that point and I couldn't focus. I tried calling home and all lines were busy. They sent us home by 10. It was a beautiful day. Eerie.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Very very pregnant with my last youngest child. Just stood there rubbing my belly apologizing to my unborn son for bringing him into a world where these things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was in grad school. I was a student in a class at 8:00am and I taught a class of freshman calculus at 9:30am. My 8:00 class always got out early, so I had time to grab some Breakfast before the 9:30 class I taught. I saw what happened in the student center lounge on campus. Classes were canceled for the rest of the day shortly after the 9:30 class started. There were a ton of students from NYC in my class, and they were 1300 miles away from home and very scared. At 25, I wasn't much older than they were, and I didn't know how to comfort them very well. I will never, ever forget that day.

Had just given birth to my firstborn son, recovering from a c section when all the nurses start talking about a the building falling??!!? I had no idea what they meant, I thought the hospital building was falling, I immediately called the nurse and was oddly happy when I found out it was them and not me and my newborn baby, then felt scared as I realized this meant war. What an emotional morning!!! Now my baby is 15 and is constantly reminded of what a horrible day his actual day of birth really was... poor thing

I was at home getting my 8 year old ready for school. We had the "Today Show" on and we're watching all of the terrible things happening on the East coast. I had just started law school two weeks earlier and all I could think of, is I can't believe I'm going to school when all of these innocent people have lost their lives.

I was 17, at school in math class. Another teacher came in and told us to turn the TV on. We sat silent in disbelief. Then the unthinkable happened. We watched the second tower get hit on live television. An image that would play over and over on our tv's and in our minds. We watched as people jumped and I remember asking my teacher what was flying out of windows. She told me it was "probably debris", but we both knew it was not debris. My cousin (who was more like a sibling) was in bootcamp at Parris Island at that time. I immediately thought about what this meant for him and our family.