Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have to stay off Fb, pre-op diet :(

Anyone else noticing food more only on day #2 and food is everywhere I'm being good though. I haven't come this far for nothing

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Oh, my gosh... I'm post-op, but yes, when I was pre-op all of a sudden all of my f'list seemed to be posting recipes and pictures of the most yummy things. It was torture.

Though I will let you know, at least for me, once I had the surgery, it didn't matter anymore. I am not craving the same foods I was pre-op, at all. Part of my brain will see something I used to want to binge on, and think... oh, {fill in the blank} would count as soft food, let's get it. But then the part of my brain that imagines eating the food goes... eh, doesn't sound so great. And I walk away, no stress at all. I love it. Even if the effect doesn't last forever, if it lasts long enough to get some healthier eating habits in place, it'll be completely worth it!!

Good luck!!

Oh, my gosh... I'm post-op, but yes, when I was pre-op all of a sudden all of my f'list seemed to be posting recipes and pictures of the most yummy things. It was torture.

Though I will let you know, at least for me, once I had the surgery, it didn't matter anymore. I am not craving the same foods I was pre-op, at all. Part of my brain will see something I used to want to binge on, and think... oh, {fill in the blank} would count as soft food, let's get it. But then the part of my brain that imagines eating the food goes... eh, doesn't sound so great. And I walk away, no stress at all. I love it. Even if the effect doesn't last forever, if it lasts long enough to get some healthier eating habits in place, it'll be completely worth it!!

Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing and for the words of encouragement

OMG yes!! I'm also on day two of pre-op diet, and Facebook is full of food recipes!! Worse yet is commercials. I have to mute the tv and look away! Lol, it's torture. I want pizza so bad right now! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yesss, was craving McDonald's as I drove by it on the way to work, lol. Is your date 9/19 also?

OMG yes!! I'm also on day two of pre-op diet, and Facebook is full of food recipes!! Worse yet is commercials. I have to mute the tv and look away! Lol, it's torture. I want pizza so bad right now! Haha

Yesss, was craving McDonald's as I drove by it on the way to work, lol. Is your date 9/19 also?

Yes it is! I'm getting so excited!

Yes it is! I'm getting so excited!

I've decided to make this app my new fb, lol. I go thru the different threads and read the stories.

I'm a year and a half post-op and I watch the FB food videos, but I don't crave the foods. Sometimes I do watch and think how easy it would be to adapt that recipe to be healthy and something I could eat. Or I watch and think "Stuff like that is the reason people are fat!"

If it is the same friends posting the videos you could always hide them until you are ready.

I come straight home from work and go to bed lol day #2 of pre op liquids.....PUKE......I had to do this with my lap band surgery.....HOW DID I EVER MAKE IT? I did have about 5 pcs of popcorn last night ???? hope that doesn't screw up surgery chances on the 14th!!!! Today I haven't had any regular food, stayed true all day down to the last choked bite of lime Jello.....good luck to everyone else who is going through this and anyone that is going to do it......just remember it does suck however, once at the hospital the struggle is gone!......well.....with the mind it is lol the end results are SO worth it!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Anyone else noticing food more only on day #2 and food is everywhere I'm being good though. I haven't come this far for nothing

I know what you mean. Get a hobby if you don',t have one. Ive started knitting scraves for xmas and coloring in the adult coloring books.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I come straight home from work and go to bed lol day #2 of pre op liquids.....PUKE......I had to do this with my lap band surgery.....HOW DID I EVER MAKE IT? I did have about 5 pcs of popcorn last night ???? hope that doesn't screw up surgery chances on the 14th!!!! Today I haven't had any regular food, stayed true all day down to the last choked bite of lime Jello.....good luck to everyone else who is going through this and anyone that is going to do it......just remember it does suck however, once at the hospital the struggle is gone!......well.....with the mind it is lol the end results are SO worth it!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Omg, sugar free Jello is the worst and I just bought more before actually trying it. I tried one last night took awhile to get the whole cup down, smh. I had broccoli yesterday, which I'm allowed for this week and tonight I have broth and noodles, I work overnight. I haven't strayed from my pre-op diet even with my sister offering me Swiss rolls and chocolate chip Cookies but I love this app, I'm glad I found it. It's nice talking to ppl going thru the same thing

I'm a year and a half post-op and I watch the FB food videos, but I don't crave the foods. Sometimes I do watch and think how easy it would be to adapt that recipe to be healthy and something I could eat. Or I watch and think "Stuff like that is the reason people are fat!"

If it is the same friends posting the videos you could always hide them until you are ready.

Yea it's the same ones, lol, along with the foodie sites I follow. But even the bariatric group on there be posting their healthy food pics, smh. I was thinking about just removing the app from my phone for a while. But I guess I will just have to get use to seeing food I can't eat. My son's birthday is next week and I'm trying to think of something to do with him and my dad besides eat, smh. How much weight have you lost, if you don't mind me asking?

I know what you mean. Get a hobby if you don',t have one. Ive started knitting scraves for xmas and coloring in the adult coloring books.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

The adult coloring book actually makes my hand hurt I got one for jury duty and couldn't get thru one whole page, smh. Maybe I'll go to the dollar tree and get some kids coloring books and crayons

I distinctly remember the TV commercials being the something I noticed more than normal during my pre-op liquid diet.

They really jumped out at me.

I remember laughing and thinking, "You guys are getting my attention, but, you are wasting your advertising funds on me". I also remember thinking that I would be able to have much of what was advertised in the months ahead.....burgers without the bun and etc.

It was a nonissue after a short time.