Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting on the correct board. I had RNY on April 19 of this year. So far, I've lost 62 pounds; yay! I need help with my Vitamins. I'm so confused and trying to come up with a regime that doesn't tie me down. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently taking a Metagenics multi with Iron, mchc Calcium, Journey hair balance, and a Metagenics probiotic in the morning. Not sure if the mchc Calcium is better than calcium citrate. And the multi that I'm taking is a pill, not a chewable or capsule. Any recommendations? What works for you; I know many of you have been doing this for years and are pros. Thanks so much in advance

Sent from lilnewme

Well, it is all a question of what your docs want you on. For example mine will only allow calcium citrate because they worry about kidney stones from the others.

Are you looking for how to make sure you are taking them? Or recommendations on the actual Vitamins?

I finally broke down and bought one of those pill organizers that is for a week straight. I take 1 multi Vitamin with added D3, I take D3, B1, B12 sublingual and my calcium citrate chews from Bariatric Advantage. The Calcium is the most expensive, the others are all generics that I buy 2 bottles for the price of one and Walgreens.

I take calcium twice daily, once in the morning and once at night after dinner because our tummys malabsorb it if we push too much at once.

Then I take all others in the evening an hour or so before bed.

My organizer keeps me on track because I don't have to question whether or not I took it. If there are pills in that section I know I did not take them and then I take them right away.

It's been working for me for about the last 18 months and my nutritional panels have been excellent. The only time I had a problem was after the first 6 months, I was taking too much B12 and not getting enough B1(thiamin). So we held the b12 for 6 months and I took 100mg b1 daily. The last two times I have had blood work, they have been perfect.

Not sure if this is what your looking for but hope it helps. If you are forgetting you could set an alarm on your phone to remind you. That helps too.

Wow guys I'm impressed you both seem to be very committed to your Vitamin regimine. I salute you. I am lazy and approaching 60 fast, take other medications for pain and thyroid disorder and take the shortest best way to get my Vitamins that I could find. I had my modified RNY in October 2015, so far have had perfect panels and have lost 145lbs, 20 left to go. I take 2 prenatal gummies daily and one sublingual B12 1000mcg every other day. Other than occasional gas X or eating a few tomatoes for extra Fiber I have been better than good. I agree to check with your doctor and see what they want you to take for nutritional value. They should be able to guide you according to your blood panel if you are deficient in any way. The best to you.

I buy my calcium citrate with d3 from costco, chewable and Gummy Multivitamin and they work well. Also Mr Dr told me to take the Iron, Calcium and super busy complex at different times of the day and they all compete to be absorbed and you might not get the levels you need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App