Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just being nosey

This whole thread is inspiring and cracking me up at the same time. I have to jump on the Dub train and agree he's pretty handsome- and that is coming from a 29 yr old! What can I say, you had me at cheese and hot sauce! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This whole thread is inspiring and cracking me up at the same time. I have to jump on the Dub train and agree he's pretty handsome- and that is coming from a 29 yr old! What can I say, you had me at cheese and hot sauce! LOL!

You are cracking this old fella up.

cheese and hot sauce is how I get things done.

Oh sweetie! That's not being nosy, it's a very valid pre op question. You will have tons of responses but for me this-

- I can walk. And walk a lot!

- I can touch my toes and cross my legs and reach around my back to fasten my bra

- I am no longer tied to the "living to eat" modality, rather I eat to live. This is key, because more often than not, I don't experience hunger and I need to remind myself to eat

- I can tour college campuses with my children and this one is huge because last year with my son I could not and it really became a focus for me during this process. There is nothing worse than taking your child to see colleges and sitting around waiting while they are touring.

- my chronic conditions have literally disappeared, including my rheumatoid arthritis - the disease which got me to obese to begin with

-I FEEL GREAT! And have more self confidence than I've experienced in years

- I'm much more social than I've been in years

-I can "keep up" with anyone!!

- I can shop off the rack anywhere now

There are so many more, we call them NSV's- non surgical victories- things that you don't realize -or that you were missing it- until after it happens and the light bulb goes off.

Good luck!

Lisa

HW 283

SW 272

CW 180

Surgery RNY 3/23/2016

Hi there I was moved to send you a private message because the first few things you mentioned are literally the same things I noticed after surgery. However I was sleeved on 7/23/16

HW:297

SW:275

1Week PO: 255.0

CW:245

I am struggling to get in my 64oz Fluids

I am also struggling to get my Protein in I only eat 2 times a day not taking Vitamins but do take the Calcium chews. I need a motivation Buddy who can help me get going in the right direction! I have been stalled since 8/1/16 I go between 242.0 and 247.6 I have no clue of what counting my micos are and my NUT is 60.00 for 15 minutes and is been so I've just been trying on my own. I need like a out line of what to eat for a day?? I dont like the Protein shakes at all no Isopure, not the one in the red and white carton, non of them taste right. I do walk like 10,500 steps a day I love walking!!!! I growing really sad and just need some help of someone like you who is Great Success. When I do eat I eat fast and it hurts my stomach. And I end up with burping and what I think is refereed to as bial??? Will this stretch my stomach out even if its still only 4-5 oz???? HELP if you can.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Oh sweetie! That's not being nosy, it's a very valid pre op question. You will have tons of responses but for me this-

- I can walk. And walk a lot!

- I can touch my toes and cross my legs and reach around my back to fasten my bra

- I am no longer tied to the "living to eat" modality, rather I eat to live. This is key, because more often than not, I don't experience hunger and I need to remind myself to eat

- I can tour college campuses with my children and this one is huge because last year with my son I could not and it really became a focus for me during this process. There is nothing worse than taking your child to see colleges and sitting around waiting while they are touring.

- my chronic conditions have literally disappeared, including my rheumatoid arthritis - the disease which got me to obese to begin with

-I FEEL GREAT! And have more self confidence than I've experienced in years

- I'm much more social than I've been in years

-I can "keep up" with anyone!!

- I can shop off the rack anywhere now

There are so many more, we call them NSV's- non surgical victories- things that you don't realize -or that you were missing it- until after it happens and the light bulb goes off.

Good luck!

Lisa

HW 283

SW 272

CW 180

Surgery RNY 3/23/2016

Hi there I was moved to send you a private message because the first few things you mentioned are literally the same things I noticed after surgery. However I was sleeved on 7/23/16

HW:297

SW:275

1Week PO: 255.0

CW:245

I am struggling to get in my 64oz Fluids

I am also struggling to get my Protein in I only eat 2 times a day not taking Vitamins but do take the calcium chews. I need a motivation Buddy who can help me get going in the right direction! I have been stalled since 8/1/16 I go between 242.0 and 247.6 I have no clue of what counting my micos are and my NUT is 60.00 for 15 minutes and is been so I've just been trying on my own. I need like a out line of what to eat for a day?? I dont like the Protein shakes at all no Isopure, not the one in the red and white carton, non of them taste right. I do walk like 10,500 steps a day I love walking!!!! I growing really sad and just need some help of someone like you who is Great Success. When I do eat I eat fast and it hurts my stomach. And I end up with burping and what I think is refereed to as bial??? Will this stretch my stomach out even if its still only 4-5 oz???? HELP if you can.

I didn't get a PM from you? Anyway- I think the first thing you need to do is go back to accountability and write down every single thing you put in your mouth.

Do you see a nut regularly? You have not even been 2 months post op, so I'm hoping you have access to one! Can you make an appointment? Also-you should have recently had your 6 week post op check. Did you discuss your weight with your surgeon?

I'm happy to offer up whatever knowledge I have, but first you need to start with your team.

As for protein- perhaps use an unflavored one and add it to your skim milk or SF drink.

And one other question-- how are your clothes fitting??

Good luck! Lisa

Edited by LisaMergs

Sorry think my message with to the general forum still trying to figure this out. I have had my 6 Week check up and I was down 32% of my total body weight which was the highest with loss in the group so my weight wasn't an issue at that point as fas as stalling and going up and down in the 242-247 range. So with that being said I am now released from my Dr. And NUT. My NUT was always mean and short with us I thought it was because she wanted to push us I didn't realize that I was not aware there was so much information I was missing.

My clothes are a big difference I was a 3x pants and now I am a XLarge. So that is a difference.

I will try to figure this out. Thanks