Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changing Surgeons Again!

After I met w/ the 2nd surgeon back in May that Dr. office took forever to go through my records to see what else that Dr. wanted me to do....even after insurance had approved my surgery w/ 1st surgeon back in April. The 2nd surgeon submitted to insurance on 8/17. I just found out yesterday that the insurance denied the new surgeon because the facility he does surgery at is not a Blue Distinction Center. I wish the 2nd surgeon would have figured out my benefits back in May when I when to see him the first time. Sooooooo I found a new surgeon yesterday that is in my insurance plan in-network provider & performs this surgery at a in-network hospital that is a Blue Distinction Center. So my journey still continues, this new surgeons office seems to have their stuff together much better so hopefully will be through this new program pretty quick & get scheduled!!! I was so upset yesterday I was almost in tears, but everything happen for a reason & this will be getting done soon enough!

Is your new surgeon Lana Nelson? She is mine too. I've met with here, done one visit with NUT, gone to the support group meeting. On 8 Sept, I do another NUT visit, psych eval and physical therapy evaluation. My last NUT visit is 6 Oct. After that, my info is sent to my insurance for approval, I meet with the surgeon for pre-op and my date is scheduled. I hope you are with her and things start going smoothly for you.

Yes it is Lana Nelson. I already like this Dr. office so much better!! They seem to really be on it! They understand that I have been at this w/ different Doctors since Feb and anxiously needing it done before the end of the year. They already verified my benefits the day I called and since it was approved in April hopefully I won't have to go through anymore insurance hoops. Her office called me yesterday & my consultation visit will be Sept 16th....that is the earliest they can get me in. They called me this morning to verify how many NUT visits I had already had so hopefully we can get something scheduled shortly after the consult visit!!