Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post-op, sleeved Aug 3, 2016. I am absolutely miserable and feeling extreme fatigue. Up until yesterday morning I was doing quite well with my Fluid and Protein intake. Pretty much meeting my goals for both. But out of no where I started feeling nauseated and threw up 3 times. It was nothing but bile all of those times but it is keeping me from wanting to eat or drink. My surgeon called me in some Zofran but it doesn't seem to help much. I do not have a fever so I'm hoping it isn't a virus, but I can't get comfortable and my back and left shoulder hurts.

Has anyone else suffered from extreme lack of energy at this point? How long did it last?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you taking Vitamins? Did your dr check your levels? I know being low on Iron will cause fatigue. My levels were really low and I felt better after taking an iron supplement.

I never felt sick to the point of throwing up but had cycles of being dizzy.

I hope you feel better soon.

@@cindyw41

Yes I am taking a complete Multivitamin, Biotin, Calcium chews with Vitamin d, and a B-12/B-6/magnesium supplement. I'm going to see my doc tomorrow so I will have him do blood. I just feel so horrible and I'm desperate to get better. I've also read where some folks have had to tweak their BP meds too. Oh I hope he can help me!

Thank you!

Do you still have your gallbladder?

At week 3 I had a similar experience. I was fine up until then and then it hit me like a brick wall and i couldn't rest enough. But I'm past week 4 now and doing ok...still a little tired (I see my dr next week) but overall better than I was in week 3! Give it time..you're still healing. :)

With the not being able to eat for a day, were you stressed?? I think that when I'm really stressed I can't eat. A friend of mine that's 3.5 years out told me that when your stressed your stomach contracts. And obviously with a normal sized stomach that's not an issue but with a 1/4 of what we used to have for us it is. I know there's no way to eliminate stress from your life, but it helped me a little knowing why I was struggling to get food down and keep it there.

I felt like a baby for the first 3 weeks, liquid and puréed food diet and a 2 hour nap everyday lol. I started to perk up at 4 weeks post op also

@@Armygalbonnie No I do not have my gallbladder. Had that nasty ol thing removed when I was 21 years old.

@@GACaldwell I'm definitely hoping this is just a stage I'm going through. I'm so miserable and feel like I'm gonna pull my hair out if I can't get passed it.

@@Jobey I guess it could be stress because I'm definitely stressing over not having energy.

@

Bp meds could be a possibility. Do you check your pressure at home? If you don't, you might want to invest in a cuff. I took my cuff into my doctors to see how it matched up with theirs.

I was on 5 Bp meds down to 1.

Edited by cindyw41