Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I take 50 of zinc daily and a Biotin supplement as well. Still falling out in handfuls. Perhaps those things would help others, but they aren't helping me. I think everyone just is different and what works for one, might not work for someone else. Then again, maybe I'd be losing even more hair without them!?!? But keep the suggestions coming, someone else might be able to glean some info from them! That why this site is sooooo great, we have so many knowledgeable folks here.

Just wanted to pipe in.. Today after my shower, I'm finally noticing hair loss.. substantial anyway.. I kept running my hands through my hair and ended up with a hairball that would put my 3 long-haired cats to shame.

My hair had thinned some from when I did Atkins a few years ago, so I've kind of learned how to spice up my hair as not to draw attention to the new found thinness..

So when I went out today, I used this hairspray I bought a while back and never used.. My hair is naturally straight as a board, so that makes matters worse..

It's Pantene Pro-V hairspray for 'texture'. It was amazing.. It said spray while crinkling and running hand through hair.. after 2 minutes (and head upside down), I looked like I had a LION'S MANE.

So, if you want something to help cover it up while you wait for it to come back, I would suggest trying this product.. I know I'm going to stock up on it!!

Style Texturize! Ultimate Texture Hairspray | Pantene Pro-V | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

That's the product BTW.. and while looking for this, I notice they also have a "Full & Thick" one too.. I might have to try that also.

Style Full & Thick Extra Fullness Hairspray | Pantene Pro-V | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

This hair-loss thing frightens me. I have really, really thick hair. I wear it short, and my hairdresser actually shaves off a layer underneath near my neck because I have heavy hair. I don't want to lose my hair! I feel like

Ulysses Everett McGill in Oh, Brother Where Art Thou? [Upon being startled awake] Mmmm. How's my hair?
I think I'll talk to my hairdresser, buy the products mentioned, up my Vitamins and buy some Rogaine.

Darr

Oh dear this is really freaking me out! I have extremely thin, baby fine, completely straight hair in the first place, and the thought of having even less is enough to make me cry! I keep my hair very short anyway and there's always a bit of scalp peeking through, so who knows, if it starts to fall out maybe I'll just shave my head!

I'm being banded in 4 weeks, and Hair loss isn't enough to keep me from going through with it, but wow, this is really going to stress me out!

Okay I need to not read this thread anymore!!!

This hair-loss thing frightens me. I have really, really thick hair. I wear it short, and my hairdresser actually shaves off a layer underneath near my neck because I have heavy hair. I don't want to lose my hair! I feel like I think I'll talk to my hairdresser, buy the products mentioned, up my Vitamins and buy some Rogaine.

Darr

Just remember, if you start Rogaine, you can NEVER stop it, or you WILL lose EVERYTHING you would have lost had you not used it. Starting Rogaine means using it for the rest of your life. Forever.

That's why I haven't started it.

I'm 2+ months since surgery, I foolishly thought that such a small % of you were complaining about Hair loss compared to the amount of people registered on this site that I would be one of the lucky ones, but nooooo, I've now noticed how thin the hair is getting, especially on top in front, I can see my scalp. my hair is very fine and thin anyway but has natural curl so I was able to cover up the scalp pretty good, not anymore and I feel like I eat a lot of Protein, make a point of getting enough every day. I love my lapband but I really hate this part, at least I keep hearing that it comes back, I guess I'll start looking at wigs.

Millie

My hair was also coming out really bad. My stylist suggested that I try the Nioxin treatment. I purchased mine from the Smart Styles salon, which in Alabama is located inside the Walmart store. You can purchase it in many different places. My hair has been growing back so fast I have had a hair cut every 2 weeks. I don't know if everyone has this same result but it has worked for me. The stylist was joking with me and said maybe she should use it in her Water bottles to get business really booming. Hope this helps someone as much as it did me. I also take the Vitamins and the Biotin. :glasses

Yeah, rogaine is bad news IMO.

When I first started losing my hair *During Atkins*, I bought it.. and it's a pain in the a** to put in.. and like faith said, you have to use it for LIFE. If you stop using it, hair goes away. And, it was just a pain that I wouldn't do it everyday, which is pointless. So Rogaine isn't my answer. Alaverde- Where in Alabama? I'm in Huntsville..

My stylist does white people extensions, and she said she could do mine to make my hair all thick again. I'm debating it, she doesn't use the standard techniques that tear up your current hair.. but its $900 and lasts a year. That's not too bad for 1 year, but coming up with $900 at one time has proven difficult. I've been telling DH I want to have it done, and he said if it'd make me happy, so now I'm working on having a little savings pool. Especially since my hair has started falling out all over again.

I think that everyone is different. I have done the Nioxin thing (in fact I was using that way before my hair starting falling out), take Biotin and a multi Vitamin. My hair has been falling out by the handfuls. I have naturally very straight, fine hair. Just this past weekend I noticed that it has slowed up a bit. I don't have as much on my hands while I'm in the shower. Don't get me wrong...it's still coming out, but it appears to have gotten better. I have also started tracking my Protein, which may have helped.

My hair has caused me so much stress I have an appointment after work today to get it cut off. My hairdresser says that she thinks that I will feel better about it because it will be lighter and won't look as bad. I guess we'll see, huh? I'm having about 4-5 inches cut off. Wish me luck!!! I haven't had my hair cut that short since high school. I figured that I'm going to be a new me now...

it seems i am right on schedule. i had the surgery 6/13 and now 4 and 1/2 months later my hair is falling out like crazy.

everytime i think it is stopping it starts back with a vengeance.

it really scares me because my mom has been bald since she was in her 30s and i always thought i had dodged that bullet. i thought maybe i had inherited my dads hair--he died with a full head. mine has never been thick but it has always been decent and normal.

i will try that pantene hairspray.

Well I had alot of Hair loss at about 4 months after surgery. It stopped though and it started to come back. Well now that I had another large aound of weight loss...I'm losing hair again. Not as much as before..well probably just because there isn't as much to loose. I'm depressed about it. I'm gonna try the things you guys have said. I'm gonna be religious about my vitamins..I haven't been. I know bad me. Has anyone thought of taking the pregnancy Vitamins. I know I took these while I was pregnant and my hair and nails were fantastic! Just a thought.

pregnancy Vitamins sound good.

i dont think those chewable Centrum or flintstones pack enough punch. i take a large more powerful Vitamin. it is soft so i either chew it or swallow it in bites. yuck. it tastes like a petsmart smells.

does anyone know how much a good wig from a wig shop costs?

some people say wearing a wig makes your hair fall out even more. is that true?

i cant afford a weave. either money or time wise.

my roots are coming in and i am afraid to dye it now.

this just sucks.

i keep thinking of lynette on desparate housewives.

i dont think my BF will like my wig slipping off when we are in bed!!!