Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't lose weight even though I'm trying hard as I can and still not losing. What are some things that you done to lose weight before surgery?

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I lost very little. Are you required to lose a certain amount? If so - have they suggested a diet?

I had great success pre-surgery following my doctors "Pound of Cure" diet. It's based on eating "real food" including large quantities of vegetables, animal and non-animal Protein.

Everyone is different, of course, but I do believe this is a healthy approach to eating, and what I am also following post-op (modified as I can not eat a pound or more of veggies a day!). I was able to lose about 45 lbs in 6 weeks (I had a BMI of 50, so my 6 month supervised diet was waived).

You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Pound-Cure-Change-Your-Eating/dp/1481061143/

It's quite an inexpensive book ($2.99 on Kindle, about $10 for a physical book).

If you would like to check it out without purchasing the book, Dr. Weiner (the author) has posted many videos on his website and frankly they pretty much explain the whole approach for free. You can find his videos here: http://drmatthewweiner.com/non-surgical-weight-loss-video/

I had great success pre-surgery following my doctors "Pound of Cure" diet. It's based on eating "real food" including large quantities of vegetables, animal and non-animal Protein.

Everyone is different, of course, but I do believe this is a healthy approach to eating, and what I am also following post-op (modified as I can not eat a pound or more of veggies a day!). I was able to lose about 45 lbs in 6 weeks (I had a BMI of 50, so my 6 month supervised diet was waived).

You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Pound-Cure-Change-Your-Eating/dp/1481061143/

It's quite an inexpensive book ($2.99 on Kindle, about $10 for a physical book).

If you would like to check it out without purchasing the book, Dr. Weiner (the author) has posted many videos on his website and frankly they pretty much explain the whole approach for free. You can find his videos here: http://drmatthewweiner.com/non-surgical-weight-loss-video/

I will look into it, Thank You.

Can't lose weight even though I'm trying hard as I can and still not losing. What are some things that you done to lose weight before surgery?

I lost very little. Are you required to lose a certain amount? If so - have they suggested a diet?
Really my doctor didn't say I had to lose a certain amount she just want me to lose weight but the dietician told me that since I haven't loss weight that they wouldn't approve me like really I don't even know if she allow to do that because I feel it's up to my insurance not her I don't know I just feel like that never told me a certain amount from the beginning on how much to lose so right now I don't know what to do because I'm trying I'm just not losing.

@@Tonya83 You may have to replace a meal or two with a meal replacement/protein shake. I would eliminate all simple carbs. No Pasta, bread, rice, etc. No soda (diet or regular). Drink lots of non caloric drinks.

@ has a good plan too - try it and see if you lose anything. Track your food. If the dietician wants you to lose weight then she should help you - not thru scare tactics! Ask your surgeon if you will be denied if you don't lose weight.

@@Tonya83 You may have to replace a meal or two with a meal replacement/protein shake. I would eliminate all simple carbs. No Pasta, bread, rice, etc. No soda (diet or regular). Drink lots of non caloric drinks.

@ has a good plan too - try it and see if you lose anything. Track your food. If the dietician wants you to lose weight then she should help you - not thru scare tactics! Ask your surgeon if you will be denied if you don't lose weight.

Yes I totally agree, my next appointment is Sept. 9 with my doctor and I'm going to ask her cause I need to know thank you so much for the advice

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago. One of the requirements for surgery was to give up caffeine and carbonated beverages. I went cold turkey on my 6 diet coke a day habit when I began the 6 month diet and exercise program. Base on this change alone, I lost 20 pounds. It was rough the first week because I suffered from severe caffeine withdrawal (severe headaches and body aches).

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago. One of the requirements for surgery was to give up caffeine and carbonated beverages. I went cold turkey on my 6 diet coke a day habit when I began the 6 month diet and exercise program. Base on this change alone, I lost 20 pounds. It was rough the first week because I suffered from severe caffeine withdrawal (severe headaches and body aches).

That was great I have given up my sweet tea habit but still nothing but hopefully I still get approve