Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti Inflammatories

Im almost 3 months post op (down almost 40 pounds ????) and have started the couch to 5k program and am doing really well so far besides the fact that I get so sore in my groin area after running (this has never happened to me before when working out). I know we can't take anti inflammatories but Tylenol doesn't do jack for the soreness. Any recommendations? I soak in the bath, i stretch but I need something to help with the soreness :(

Im almost 3 months post op (down almost 40 pounds ????) and have started the couch to 5k program and am doing really well so far besides the fact that I get so sore in my groin area after running (this has never happened to me before when working out). I know we can't take anti inflammatories but Tylenol doesn't do jack for the soreness. Any recommendations? I soak in the bath, i stretch but I need something to help with the soreness :(

Epsom salt bath

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

@@mlgok

What does your surgeon recommend?

I was told no anti-inflammatories, aspirin, vit E, fish oil for 30 days post. After 30 days I was allowed to take these blood thinning pain killers or supplements.

Check with your surgeon, you maybe OK to take them now, as you are about 3 months post op.

@@mlgok

I was told no anti-inflammatories, aspirin, vit E, fish oil for 30 days post. After 30 days I was allowed to take these blood thinning pain killers or supplements.

Check with your surgeon, you maybe OK to take them now, as you are about 3 months post op.

Why no Vitamin e or fish oil?

I had RNY and told no NSAIDs ever again

I pulled a back muscle and cannot take anything for inflammation. Tylenol does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

do you use epsom salts in your bath? that is one thing that can help, also things like a cinnamon supplement or turmeric supplement may also help.

and talk to your team. I had the VSG and my surgeon specifically told me I can have ibuprofen. I do not know what your doctor and practice would say, but I would at least ask.

@@mlgok

Why no Vitamin e or fish oil?

Because they also thin the blood out, so as a precaution, for any type of surgery, they need to be stopped for 2 weeks pre op, and with WLS for 4 weeks post op, to reduce any chance of post op bleeding or haemorrhage.

I have to be able to take NSAIDs and steroids for my auto-immune arthritis. My rheumatologist and my WLS surgeon both said that the sleeve was the only option for me because of that. RNY and Lap-band have complete bans on both drug classes. There is still an increased risk of ulcers so some surgeons will still say no NSAIDs with the sleeve. If you personally are already at a higher risk of ulcers for some reason, they may need to you never take them. Best thing is to discuss it with your surgeon and medical team.

I was told 3 months for me for NSAIDS so I would check on that. It might be ok. I begged to be allowed to take some when I get my period but was firmly told no. Last period was brutal: lots of pain and went on forever. Tylenol is a wimp for that.

I feel like Tylenol is a wimp period. It never helps me

It's fine for a headache but the kind of cramps I was dealing with, I might as well have been taking a sugar pill. My heating pad and I bonded that week. I was off for the summer (teacher) and I am dreading the next one with school in session now. One more month and ibuprofen will be my salvation again lol

NSAIDs have to be taken with food, to reduce the risk of developing ulcers.

Just wonder if Panadeine Forte (Codeine Phosphate) may help your period pains?

Here in Australia, we can get the weaker version OTC, and the stronger one with a script from a doctor.

I use them for my auto-immune thyroid headaches.

Good luck!

I feel the same way.

Very glad my surgeon approved my using Advil at my 3 month check-in.

Im post week 3 have had a lot of after pain and have been regularly taking Codeine and also soluble acetaminophen each every four hours during the day with no problems at all...