Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope you feel better! As others have said the eggs should wait until your stomach has healed. You should call you Doctor first thing Monday and tell them your experience. I pray that it's nothing serious but please talk to a professional. The sweating & nausea together are also symptoms of a leak (not very likely though) call your doctor pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was thinking it could be, I took a nexium before bed and that's what happened a few hours after :(

Do you have an anti nausea pill? If I swallow too fast I get that ill feeling.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I do, it's a dissolvable zofran 4mg

I hope you feel better! As others have said the eggs should wait until your stomach has healed. You should call you Doctor first thing Monday and tell them your experience. I pray that it's nothing serious but please talk to a professional. The sweating & nausea together are also symptoms of a leak (not very likely though) call your doctor pronto.

Yes, I think I will. I spoke to the on call doctor but he didn't understand that the only thing I was "eating" was scrambled egg and assumed that I was trying to push foods when the bulk of what I'm doing is drinking. I just didn't like his answer or the fact that he didn't really pay attention to what I said.

Do you really think it could be a leak? I did the swallow test and they said it was fine. That worries me.

I had to take an anti nauseousness pill and another that stops stomach cramping for my first three months. Ask your doctor!

I'm taking zofran for nausea; what meds stop the cramping?

Edited by Miss.Bunny447

I'm newly sleeved, so I'm hoping some of the vets will comment on this to help you out some, but i have question. Is the Gatorade or Powerade you are drinking sugar free? My nut said i could have Gatorade G2 post-op, but when i looked at the label, i think it said there was some sugar in it, or carbs, so i didn't get it. I don't remember. Powerade Zero has no sugar, but regular powerade has sugar.

Could this be causing the nausea?

Sent from my KFTT using the BariatricPal App

I'm newly sleeved, so I'm hoping some of the vets will comment on this to help you out some, but i have question. Is the Gatorade or Powerade you are drinking sugar free? My nut said i could have Gatorade G2 post-op, but when i looked at the label, i think it said there was some sugar in it, or carbs, so i didn't get it. I don't remember. Powerade Zero has no sugar, but regular powerade has sugar.

Could this be causing the nausea?

Sent from my KFTT using the BariatricPal App

Good point.

I had cramping on the day out of surgery. It went away though, but they pushed fluids, walking, pain pills, Tylenol, Zofran, and gave me my surgeon's concoction of magic. Don't know exactly what it was, but I did get injected in my tummy to help with motility. I hope what you have goes away soon. If it gets too bad maybe go to ER

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal mobile app

I drank regular Gatorade mixed 50/50 with Water. G2 makes me yarf.

This is what I'm doing. I actually have severe drops in sugar so I have to take some in.

Yes, I think I will. I spoke to the on call doctor but he didn't understand that the only thing I was "eating" was scrambled egg and assumed that I was trying to push foods when the bulk of what I'm doing is drinking. I just didn't like his answer or the fact that he didn't really pay attention to what I said.

Do you really think it could be a leak? I did the swallow test and they said it was fine. That worries me.

I had to take an anti nauseousness pill and another that stops stomach cramping for my first three months. Ask your doctor!

I'm taking zofran for nausea; what meds stop the cramping?

I pray not! I don't think it's that serious but we have to be careful early out. for the 1st 6 weeks you have to be careful. I'm surprised your doctor cleared you for eggs so soon! Every doctor is different though. Please keep us posted with everything!

Just wanted to give an update. Tonight (again) I woke up with a wave of nausea but not nearly as bad as the night before, and no running to the bathroom and vomiting. I added more pillows underneath me so I slept on a bit of an incline. And I took my nightly meds spaced out a half hour apart (because it's a lot of swigs of Water for me to take at once) I have to take 4 pills at night and I used to be able to get three of them down in one shot, but not anymore. I get a feeling where the pill feels "caught" a lot of things feel caught when I swallow them but I was told this is a really common sensation.

And I took the nexium and zofran right before I fell asleep. Let's see what happens. Still 0 appetite this morning. I'll be skipping the egg until a couple of weeks pass, and I'm gonna see about getting some pudding to try.

Glad to hear it got somewhat better. The 0 appetite is normal. I'm 7 months out and still have no appetite.

Some Drs (mine included) require patients to crush pills for a few weeks post surgery. I wasn't able to swallow pills for a month but that lasted 2 weeks post surgery. (Crushed pills are nasty) I still get things "caught" so I have to space out my meds too.

Whenever I lie down I get nauseus. I sleep in a recliner and it helps. I take prilosec capsule opened and shake the granular into my mouth with sips of Water. I'm a bit nauseus this morning though

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I wanted to thank you guys for all your help and suggestions. It's helping me try some new things to help me feel better.

Just wanted to give an update. Tonight (again) I woke up with a wave of nausea but not nearly as bad as the night before, and no running to the bathroom and vomiting. I added more pillows underneath me so I slept on a bit of an incline. And I took my nightly meds spaced out a half hour apart (because it's a lot of swigs of Water for me to take at once) I have to take 4 pills at night and I used to be able to get three of them down in one shot, but not anymore. I get a feeling where the pill feels "caught" a lot of things feel caught when I swallow them but I was told this is a really common sensation.

And I took the nexium and zofran right before I fell asleep. Let's see what happens. Still 0 appetite this morning. I'll be skipping the egg until a couple of weeks pass, and I'm gonna see about getting some pudding to try.

I would try taking your PPI before your evening 'meal', for lack of a better term :) I've tried mine (I take prescription Protonix) at different times of day and found that I do best if I take it midday. PPI aren't like antacids, they don't work instantly to relieve that acid-y feeling, they work longer term to suppress acid production. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon!

It is amazing how much the different plans vary. I was on a "high Protein low/no sugar liquid diet" for 2 weeks prior to surgery and 2+ weeks after. I was allowed to have no sugar added Greek yogurt as a "liquid" though.

At almost 2.5 weeks on my post op followup, the doc just gave me the ok to start the pureed foods and scrambled egg is included in that. I ate it for the first time on Friday night and apparently overate and got sick too. I thought it was going down well, but when I got the full signal, it was actually an overfull signal. I'm learning. Like others have stated, the egg is probably too much at this stage.

Also, I couldn't get hardly anything down for that first week. I think the stomach was quite swollen inside. I threw up from one bit of pudding. At one week post op, it seemed like it magically changed and I was suddenly able to get all my Protein and liquid in that day. So give it a little more time and take care of that newly altered stomach of yours.

Also in the hospital, the one nurse made me sit the bed up a bit and then wrote in big letters on my board that the bed had to be no lower than a 30 degree incline. She stressed it. (No one else mentioned it.) But at home, I propped pillows up, like you mentioned and it definitely helped. 2.5 weeks post op, I'm flat again. But don't lay down right after eating OR drinking.

Like someone else mentioned, my doctor requires all meds be crushed or split (into nerd candy size pieces) for several months. I chop them up and put them in a bite of pudding and they go down well. You might want to try that. I bet your stomach is fighting to try to dissolve them.

Good luck, dear. Hang in there. It gets easier. I'm not too many days ahead of you, but it does get easier. It all is a learning process though. BTW, today I ate another egg and stopped in time and didn't get sick. Yay! LOL.