Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CPAP: Small Victory

Many of you know my struggles with the CPAP machine. We are not friends at all! I swear that machine is possessed and hates me. LOL! After getting frustrated with it time and time ago over the last two years, never being able to stand it more than an hour or two at a time, I put it up and refused to use it. Last night, I decided to pull it out, dust it off and give it another try. (I haven't tried to use it in months). I made it thru the night with it for the first time ever. It wasn't pretty though. LOL! I got up about 4 times to readjust it, find my chin strap, blow my nose, etc. I didn’t get much rest at all but I woke it with it on my face. My hubby was even shocked! This is a small victory for me since I have struggled with this machine from day one. Cried like a baby when they tried to make me use it in the hospital the night after my surgery. My hubby told them to take it away and leave me alone. In my defense, I had never used one before and didn't think that night was the night to try using it. I am going to try it again tonight and see how it goes. Wish me luck.

I also sleep with a CPAP machine..it is difficult to get used to (its been 2 yrs)!! sleep apnea is one of the reasons I had the gastric sleeve on 6/6/16. I am sick of being tethered to that clunky thing (yeah I know it keeps me alive while I'm sleeping).... My doc wants to wait 6 mos. before I get another sleep study done to see if I still need the machine.... That will be another BIG VSG victory for me once I'm done needing this darn CPAP!!!

So glad you were able to use it again / It truly is a lifesaver (my sleep study showed I used to stop breathing approx. 150x a night), so hang in there... best of luck to you my friend!

Here are my before and after pics

post-291242-0-86569100-1470927664_thumb.jpg

post-291242-0-26245700-1470927667_thumb.jpg

@@Suga Renique Reborn You look great. Hopefully, you can get off your machine soon. My sleep apnea has gotten a lot better since the surgery but I still have it. I hope once I get the scale moving again, I can eventually get off it too. Good luck to you. :)

2 years out and you still have sleep apnea?

Bummer....well I'm trusting and believing God to take it away completely. We will see soon enough.....

:rolleyes: ;)

Yep. It sucks. My machine was set at 16. Now it is at 12. It has been set there for over a year so I am sure it is too strong. I guess I should make an appointment to get re-evaluated especially since I am going to start using it again. We both have to trust God to work this out for us. I have attached my before and after pic. The after pic was taken on Tuesday for my 48th birthday. I am still a good ways from my goal weight two years out but I will get there.

post-234325-0-49881600-1470932916_thumb.png

post-234325-0-00606600-1470932944_thumb.png

Yes, you WILL get there... Look at you! You got it going on Essence46!!!!!

Happy belated birthday to you #JustKeepStylingAndProfiling :)

1 year after the Sleeve I got a new sleep study and good news I was told I could ditch the CPAP. Anyways I stopped using it about 6 month ago anyways.

I'm the same way I would wake up with it off and I can't stand anything on my face I used it after about four months slept good only woke up to go to bathroom but it's back in my shoe closet

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App