Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all today I'm 4 weeks post op and I've already hit a stall I've lost 12-14 lbs(it keeps fluctuating) but it's been like that since post op week 2, has anyone else experienced a stall this early? Also I do fine with with eating/drinking during the day and don't have any cravings what so ever, but once night hits im feel like I'm starving and craving everything is this normal? TIA for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 6.5 weeks out and hit a 4 or 5 day stall in week 3. I am losing slowly which is ok with me because I feel good and clothes are getting too big! I hate when I let myself get too hungry so I have begun keeping a Protein Bar, banana, or boiled egg handy. Just having a half of any of those helps. Then I can eat my next meal slowly.

Omg ! I could have written your post ! I'm 4 weeks tomorrow and I haven't lost anymore weight I'm 2 weeks . It is horrifically depressing since I'm working so hard at this and started back to the gym and am working out for more than an hr 3-4 times a week . Eating 60-80 grams of Protein a day .

Eating an average of 800 calories a day or less . I do have trouble getting all the Water in but really ... A stall for 2 weeks ????

Omg ! I could have written your post ! I'm 4 weeks tomorrow and I haven't lost anymore weight I'm 2 weeks . It is horrifically depressing since I'm working so hard at this and started back to the gym and am working out for more than an hr 3-4 times a week . Eating 60-80 grams of Protein a day .

Eating an average of 800 calories a day or less . I do have trouble getting all the Water in but really ... A stall for 2 weeks ????

Wow crazy we're experiencing the exact same thing, I'm eating the same amount of Protein per day as you and getting the same amount of calories, I'm not getting all the Water in but I try to at least get 40-50 oz in and I'm walking at least 1.25-1.5 miles everyday and still nothing, I have my one month post op tomorrow so I'm hoping to get releases so I can hit the gym and add in some weight lifting and such in hopes that that'll help! Glad to know I'm not alone, sounds like we got our surgeries around the same time, we should keep in touch and follow each others progress

I'm 4 weeks as well.

Here's a different perspective. I was traveling without a scale from 2.5 - almost 4 weeks post op so I didn't weigh myself every day in that period.

When I got home- I had lost. But I have no idea if I stalled or not for a week.

So I would say stay off the scale! But much easier said then done. Now that I'm home I'm on the scale 2x/ day ;-) and I haven't lost! Haha.

I am 4 weeks today and I stalled at week 2. Didn't lose till last week actually so I guess not a true stall. My body was just doing some major work, look up "embrace the stall" while your not losing weight your body is losing inches. Get a tape measure for the no weight loss times. Just stuff I have read on here and it does help to know that even though the scale isn't moving your body is still hard at work.

☆Jeni☆

Lol !! Mrs Snipes - I was just thinking to myself today , after another day of no loss, that I should call my husband and have him hide the scale before I get home ! Let's support each other in a no weigh in for a week ! At least We won't start out each day feeling defeated when we know we're doing the right things

I read " embrace the stall " which was really helpful ! I need to print it out and hang it up . Along with my mantra :

More Water ... More Protein

Lol !! Mrs Snipes - I was just thinking to myself today , after another day of no loss, that I should call my husband and have him hide the scale before I get home ! Let's support each other in a no weigh in for a week ! At least We won't start out each day feeling defeated when we know we're doing the right things

I'm so down, that's a great idea, definitely need to start the day more positively! I just told my husband once I go to bed in a minute to take the scale and hide it until next Monday, and I need to read that do I just google it or where can I find it?

I read " embrace the stall " which was really helpful ! I need to print it out and hang it up . Along with my mantra :

More Water ... More Protein

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I will be 4 weeks post op Friday and I lost most of my weight the first two weeks after surgery and now nothing I'm not too disappointed because I have to remind myself it's only 4 weeks I have so much more time to go and a lot of people stall but it helps to know the weight is gonna come off even with surgery weight loss doesn't happen over night

Sent from my Z828 using the BariatricPal App

I had an official stall for 3 weeks and 1 day ( but whose counting ) but took everyone's advice , didn't weigh , kept doing what I knew was right and getting my Water in and .... Finally the scale moved 2 lbs over the weekend !!!!

I had an official stall for 3 weeks and 1 day ( but whose counting ) but took everyone's advice , didn't weigh , kept doing what I knew was right and getting my Water in and .... Finally the scale moved 2 lbs over the weekend !!!!

That's good to hear I'm glad it moved for you, I'm taking the same advice and had my husband hide the scale and I'm just going to focus on eating well ,getting my liquids, and exercising and I will weigh in once I'm 6 weeks post op which is next Monday that'll have been 2 weeks of no weigh ins so I'm hoping the scale will be down a few pounds by then.