Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last few days before liquid diet

Ohhh my goodness I only have two more days till my liquid diet!!! So before yesterday I was on my diet to be the right weight for surgery in a few weeks. Well I wanted to eat a bit of different foods yesterday that I'll never have again in my life lol and let's just say my tummy is turning 100 miles a minute regret for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well its never good to have the "last meal" ... sets you up for failure in the long run. You will be able to eat everything after surgery just has tastes not a whole plate of this or that.

I won't be having a "last meal" as far as I'm concerned the surgery is too help me live and not continue to live to eat. Good luck on your surgery! But remember you're human, eating something every now and then is okay.

Wait what? No certain cheeses? I love cheese and can eat it every day. I don't know of a cheese that won't work.

I eat full fat cheese daily with the exception of cottage cheese, that I eat 1% because I eat a larger portion of it. I love an ounce of cheese for a snack. The full fat, keeps me fuller and satisfies me while providing decent Protein.

What's better yet, cheese and fruit together. Or cheese and Peanut Butter.

Here's the thing, people think they will never again eat a certain food (while there may be some things that are trigger foods that you should stay away from) again, most people can and do eat most things at one time or another. Instead of eating them daily or weekly even, they eat them for special occasions once they get closer to goal.

Where we get into trouble is, we start letting things like crackers, Pasta, rices, sugar and bread in too early and we have not built good eating habits yet. Once you get closer to goal you can introduce whole grains back into your diet and you should in order to keep a good balance nutrition.

Just having them early on, makes for lots of stalls and some people can't get past them and give up. So, it's best to not let them in until you can control them better.

The good news is, your new tummy does help with quantity. Also, tastes really change after surgery. Ice cream used to be my vice. I loved ice cream.

Now, I don't care to eat it. It doesn't taste good to me and honestly it sits in my gut like a rock.

I do however still love chocolate but dark chocolate and I have learned that this is one item in which I can lose control. So I really do limit it. Special occasions only so I don't keep it in the house and recently I made my husband promise me that he won't bring it in or if he does, he will hide it from me or keep them in the safe and only give me 3 little dove promises at a time. LOL.

For me, I have learned that if I avoid something I really want I will end up eating more of it more frequently so I believe everything in moderation with the exception of those things that might be considered slider foods for me. I call a slider food something that I could sit and eat without even thinking about it. Like crackers or potato chips. I just rarely if ever let them in.

Other people do cut things out completely and I get it. I just know that I cannot function in the real world like that.

I also want to say that many of us have food funerals. It really is only natural.

My food funeral was Buca's spagetti with meatsauce. My favorite meal ever since I was a little girl has been spagetti and Buca's is as close to my Italian grandmother who is no longer with us. I ate a decent sized portion (I have never been a big eater) for my food funeral. It made me happy that night.

It did not set me up for failure, I have been at goal for nearly 6 months and am currently in maintenance. If I want spagetti now, I will but honestly it is no longer my favorite food. I crave good Protein, veggies and fruits and it is because that is what I eat daily several times a day for the last two years.

Everyone has to do what they know will work for them. If you know that everything in moderation is what will allow you to be successful than do it. If you know that you cannot let certain foods back in, then do that.

Carbs (good carbs) are an important part of your diet. So many confuse that and assume no carbs. They are what makes your brain work and they give you great energy.

Good carbs consist of vegetables, fruits, dairy and whole grains. They are important to ensure proper nutrition.

I had a food funeral of a homemade German chocolate cake. It did not set me up for failure either. I am 26 months post op and have been maintaining my goal weight since about month nine.

Thank you glitter eyes!!! Only negative attitude sets up for failure

Well its never good to have the "last meal" ... sets you up for failure in the long run. You will be able to eat everything after surgery just has tastes not a whole plate of this or that.

I won't be having a "last meal" as far as I'm concerned the surgery is too help me live and not continue to live to eat. Good luck on your surgery! But remember you're human, eating something every now and then is okay.

Wait what? No certain cheeses? I love cheese and can eat it every day. I don't know of a cheese that won't work.

I eat full fat cheese daily with the exception of cottage cheese, that I eat 1% because I eat a larger portion of it. I love an ounce of cheese for a snack. The full fat, keeps me fuller and satisfies me while providing decent Protein.

What's better yet, cheese and fruit together. Or cheese and Peanut Butter.

Here's the thing, people think they will never again eat a certain food (while there may be some things that are trigger foods that you should stay away from) again, most people can and do eat most things at one time or another. Instead of eating them daily or weekly even, they eat them for special occasions once they get closer to goal.

Where we get into trouble is, we start letting things like crackers, Pasta, rices, sugar and bread in too early and we have not built good eating habits yet. Once you get closer to goal you can introduce whole grains back into your diet and you should in order to keep a good balance nutrition.

Just having them early on, makes for lots of stalls and some people can't get past them and give up. So, it's best to not let them in until you can control them better.

The good news is, your new tummy does help with quantity. Also, tastes really change after surgery. Ice cream used to be my vice. I loved ice cream.

Now, I don't care to eat it. It doesn't taste good to me and honestly it sits in my gut like a rock.

I do however still love chocolate but dark chocolate and I have learned that this is one item in which I can lose control. So I really do limit it. Special occasions only so I don't keep it in the house and recently I made my husband promise me that he won't bring it in or if he does, he will hide it from me or keep them in the safe and only give me 3 little dove promises at a time. LOL.

For me, I have learned that if I avoid something I really want I will end up eating more of it more frequently so I believe everything in moderation with the exception of those things that might be considered slider foods for me. I call a slider food something that I could sit and eat without even thinking about it. Like crackers or potato chips. I just rarely if ever let them in.

Other people do cut things out completely and I get it. I just know that I cannot function in the real world like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

I had a food funeral of a homemade German chocolate cake. It did not set me up for failure either. I am 26 months post op and have been maintaining my goal weight since about month nine.

My absolute favorite cake!!! I could pass up just about every sweet except that!

German chocolate is hubby so favorite. I had a small piece a couple weeks ago. Now if you are talking cheesecake, that is a whole other story!

I love cheesecake and it needs to remain out of my house. I will share a piece with someone but don't trust myself. I guess the good news is there is Protein cheesecake. LOL