Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been contemplating this weight loss surgery for two plus years. I've been going to doc appointments on and off during these two years. Starting and stopping. Thinking I could do it on my own etc. I finally completed all of my requirements and paperwork was submitted two months ago. The insurance was having a hard time reading the paperwork (supposedly) but finally I GOT APPROVED!! My new birthdate (surgery date) is August 30, 2016. I call it my new birthday because this is definitely birthing and giving me new life. No one knows about this except my parents and my husband and my children. I know I am going to get HELL over it because I am a staple in the plus community. I have a business that caters to plus size women. I empower them to love their bodies as it is. I am also an author and plus body advocate. So I'm sure there will be people saying "hey I thought you loved your body. You sold out!" But its not like that.

I do love my body. I love my curves. But my health is not where its supposed to be. I am borderline EVERYTHING! And I have no control when I'm eating sometimes. I often say things like I wish I had something that would force me to stop eating bullshit. Then I realize...THERE IS!! I will not allow anyone to make me feel bad about my decision because truly I've tried everything. I don't want to loose weight because I hate my body. I'm loosing the weight because I LOVE my body. I have children that I need to keep up with. I have goals I want to accomplish and being the size I am and being borderline diabetic, and having high blood pressure is not good....and I'm not even 30 yet!

So this surgery is giving me a new life. I've been big all of my life. I don't know what it's like to be anything less than a size 22 since my freshman year of high school. And in the 2nd grade I wore a womens size 14! I am ready to experience life from a new perspective. A healthier one. One with less restrictions. And I'll still continue to fight for the equality of my plus size sisters and brothers and continue to encourage women to have confidence in their curves. I am even working on my third book all about this process and my journey. I am excited to embark on this new journey.

LIFE IS WAITING!

www.TrojahBrands.com

@@myfatisnotaflaw we were both born on March 18th and are both getting sleeved in August 30th. Pretty crazy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@myfatisnotaflaw we were both born on March 18th and are both getting sleeved on August 30th. Pretty crazy!

Tried to edit my original post but ended up quoting myself. Clearly I have no clue how to post from my phone. Good grief.

Good for you! I've followed you and visited your site frequently because it is very encouraging and it can continue to be. I had my Sleeve on 6/7/16.. 2 months out today. It's the best decision because I always loved me, now I love me with more control. It's not easy but it is worth it. Congratulations on your approval!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the BariatricPal App

@@myfatisnotaflaw we were both born on March 18th and are both getting sleeved in August 30th. Pretty crazy!

Omg that's soooooo kray

My FAT is NOT a Flaw

Aww thanks so much darling for the support! And congrats on your journey!

My FAT is NOT a Flaw