Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleeve done yesterday

Margie605

I got my sleeve on August 1 and am no expert but I know your going to do great. Don't cheat on your diet and listen to your doctor. Remember it's a journey not a quick fix. Your losses will happen but there will also be the stalls where you go periods and don't lose. Important to walk and walk now to keep from blood clots. I am in my start of 4th week after surgery. I do my walking on my in home treadmill.

Keep me updated on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thats wonderful. I'm 57 and being sleeved on 9/13. I'm worried about being older and speed of weight loss. You give me hope????. You'll reach your goal. Congratulations.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

August 25 and currently 25 days since survey and I am at 205. This is 34 pounds down since the week before surgery and 30 since surgery date of August 1. To be close to 199 feels great. Overall goal is 170. Diet, food, exercise is all working together.

August 28 and I am at 202. That's a 37 pound loss in 28 days. Making sure I get my Protein and multi Vitamins. Tried a few bites of steak last night and that did not go well. Now at the stage where I am trying to find what foods work well for me. Next goal of 199 is right around the corner.

Longhorn, your story is great for me to read. My surgery is tomorrow. I'm starting at 240 and want to get down to about 170-175 as well. How did you feel the first week or two after surgery. Did you predominantly use Protein shakes? Do you still drink them?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Sam

The surgery itself takes awhile for your body to get adjusted to all of it. I was not real sore surprisingly. Your on a total clear diet so load up your Isopure in the fridge. Once I could go to shakes got the Premium from costco or Sams. They are 30 grams each and taste good.

The first week or two you will not have the energy you used to. You need to take it easy. I went back to my desk job after a week full time.

I am now in the 5th week post op and I still drink two shakes a day to go along with 2 Protein meals and my multi Vitamins. I also do 30 minutes on the tread mill walking you should lose weight without it up to this point.

Post your own story and I will follow yours. I am sure you will do well. I started with a real tight 38 pant and now a loose 36. Can't wait till the 34 comes.

I have been in my 2nd stall since surgery on August 1. Today is September 4 and I am at 200 pounds. Total loss is 39 pounds in 34 days. My stall is a loss of 2 pounds in 8 days. Now on solid foods getting my Protein first. Very happy with my progress. Not worried. I have 25 pounds to go to get to my final overall goal. My next smaller goal is to 190 by end of September. Then 180 by November 15. Final goal by December 15. Should be doable allowing for stalls.

I started at 240 and was 235 day of surgery. This morning is day 6 and I am at 225.2.

44 pounds down since August 1. Today is September 10. Weight is 195. Started 239.

Thats great! I'm kind of annoyed right now. I'm only two weeks since surgery and am already stalled for nearly a week. Ive lost 11 pounds since surgery, but only 1 pound in the last week. I'm just kinda rolling with it for now, but it's annoying! Lol

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

To SamPSUfan

I have had lots of stalls since my August 1 surgery. I weigh every morning but other than that I just try to eat right and continue to follow my plan. It will be 2 months out in a couple of days. I am at 189 now with a 50 pond loss. I feel better than I have in many years. I got rid of my heavy clothes and are wearing a 35 waist jean and large shirts.

The weight loss has slowed down but I am actually glad as I believe it's more healthy to lose it slower. I know it's a journey and not a race.

I started at 253 post op now I'm 4 days pre op and I'm down to 230. I'm very sore and it's very hard for me to move around. I'm trying to walk but I can't go very far for long periods of time. Have not been reaching my daily Water and Protein goals at all. It's very hard to get it all in.