Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Annoying Co-Workers

Since my surgery, I've lost quite a bit of weight. I never told my co-workers because I'm a private person, it's no one's business and they talk too much. Everyday they are critiquing and analyzing my appearance. I'm Hearing rumors that I've had weight loss surgery (even though I have, I never told them). That alone is quite annoying. I'm a very grown woman and my life is mine. I don't plan to talk about it with too many people. Does anyone else experience this?

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

If you work with women, you should expect cattiness, lies, and gossip; it's what women do.

If you have a Human Resources team, you can bring up the gossip and try to get it quashed (though that usually just makes it worse, and you'll be ostracized). Better to take the gossip up with your boss and see if she/he can stop it.

Edited by Fredbear

@@darima77 - THIS IS A JOKE....Just spread a rumor that you have gotten heavily into crack cocaine, That will at least end the WLS talk. And when you don't lose your teeth the rumors will stop. ;-)

If you work with women, you should expect cattiness, lies, and gossip; it's what women do.

If you have a Human Resources team, you can bring up the gossip and try to get it quashed (though that usually just makes it worse, and you'll be ostracized). Better to take the gossip up with your boss and see if she/he can stop it.

The bad thing with that is my supervisor is one of the onrs speeding the rumors. She also had the surgery a few months before me but she told everyone and thays fine for her. She just doesn't want anyone to out-do her. She's petty and catty also!!

@@darima77 - THIS IS A JOKE....Just spread a rumor that you have gotten heavily into crack cocaine, That will at least end the WLS talk. And when you don't lose your teeth the rumors will stop. ;-)

You this is funny but just this morning I was thinking the same thing. Women are so messy, nosey and jealous.

Good thing you work from home. Imagine the environment if you worked in that office day in and day out. Sometimes it's better to leave that job. Tell me have cancer. Tell me you were so poor you're eating Ramen day in day out. Actually, smile and tell them that you're having high Protein low carb meals and doing yoga 3 times a week and you're just amazed that you finally found the key to lose weight. And then smile and walk away. What tell him to f****** mind their own business ignore them. I've got to the point like that I have no f**** left to give. And unfortunately were going to school so I got to keep my mouth shut but inside I'm flipping everyone off LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Sorry for my typos, I can't figure out how to add it on my phone... I think you get the gist! Give them hell girl!

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I had sleeve and have lost a lot of weight. I told no one but have had several positive comments. I just say low carb and high Protein. It is MY business only and although I'm normally a very sensitive person I'm NOT allowing anyone into disturbing my WLS. Just ignore them. It is your journey NOT theirs!!

All of you are wonderful. Anna Nim you are hilarious but you're telling the truth. People do need to mind their business. Its so irritating each day people are commenting and side talking about you. Ughh!

Always best to not give a flying fig what people think of you!

I can totally relate to you! It is very sad how people judge and talk-as if you dont hear it. The same happened to me. I was sleeved in 7.5.16 and did not tell many people at all. Like you-its my business and bc I know the gossip that goes around the office already I didnt want to be the one they were adding to the list of current trash. Well-i work in the registration dept of where i had my surgery. Went to my boss and asked her to handle my acct so no one else would know bc i wanted this kept confidential. What a joke that was-i came back to work and get 101 questions. Ppl that shouldnt have known a thing were asking me 'how do u feel?' I am not happy. Would like to go to HR but it will just point me out at the 'tattletale' and then my job as I know it will be 'hell in earth'. Frustrating. Oh well... I know that I will soon be healthier and happier than they will be and thats what keeps my head up for the moment.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Women aren't catty and gossipy by nature. They can be a great support system. Those blanket statements are not helpful. Deal with people on a case by case basis. Care what people think or don't care, but don't demonize half the population because of a few bad apples.

I chose to tell only a few people. My husband of course and my children, my mom. They three people from work I've told are all women and to my knowledge no one has gossiped. They've been great.

Women aren't catty and gossipy by nature.

True, women are catty and gossipy by nurture... they're taught to be that way by other women. ;-)

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Wow...@triplethreat.... Seems me you ate the only being judgmental and are using blanker statements! I did NOT say all women are gosspiy and catty. I said the ppl that i work with are-those ppl you know nothing about so maybe you should be careful who are categorizing bc those statements dont help. Maybe you shouldnt twist ppls words bc then you may understand exactly what was posted a little better. Wow... Smh

@jenn2272... I Didn't address my reply to you. Sorry if you thought it was to you individually.