Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No faith in myself after honeymoon phase

I was one of those people who kind of thought this surgery was a miracle cure. I really didn't know you could gain it back until researching more

So here I am - starting two week diet tomorrow- and really fearful I will

Fail. I mean- if I could cut out carbs before now- I would

Of ya know? Why will

I be able too now?

My BMI is just now 35 and I have about 65 pounds to lose. My fear is I will

Lose and then gain it back because I still Have the same habits. I mean I know everyone says you have to change your habits- I am just not sure how you can when we have all been unable too up

Until this point

I am self pay- so there is the extra- am

I spending 13000 on this and then to gain back---

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You know - I have had the same thoughts but the sleeve prevents me from eating as much carbs even if I cheat. I can't eat bread at all- every time I do I vomit. I can only get in about 6 chips at a Mexican rest. Vs. two baskets full. Give yourself a chance. Read and motivate yourself. It is not easy and it isn't fast but it's going on the right direction!

If you are really that unsure of your commitment level, why would you do this? I mean seriously, if you aren't ready, don't do it. I know we are all supposed to be supportive and all that, but there are a LOT of people on here who should not have had such a life changing surgery when they simply were not ready. This is a BIG deal. Do not go into it lightly. There is no shame in holding off until you are truly ready and willing to handle the challenges ahead.

@@tenseintexas

Many of us have had the fear of failing another diet. I think your feelings are pretty common. If I could lose weight on my own, Then there would be no need for me to have surgery.

Surgery is a tool to lose the weight. Anyone of us can gain weight. I am two years out and maintaining under my goal. Many of us have been successful. Take a look around the site.

An option is counseling to figure out if this is for you

Best of luck to you,

Jenn

So I will give you my personal experience , take from it what you will.

As Jenn said, many people are doing great. MANY. However, there are those like me. I didn't do bad but definately could have done better.

I am approaching my two year anniversary and I never reached goal and honestly, I've recently gained six pounds in one month! Alarming to me because I never though this would be me.

I know what to do and have taken steps to start to loose again. But the reason I'm posting this is to share with you my reality. As superdave said, If there is some mental work you have to do before having the surgery-do it. The first six months weight loss is pretty rapid. After that, it takes effort EVERY DAY (at least for most of us).

I have no regrets and would do it again but I just think everyone should work on the mental aspect of weight gain before attacking the physical.

My first month in now, and truthfully can say I shared your concern at first, but realized that the point of this surgery IS to give us the leg up to succeed in our weight loss. Low carb is practical, and once you've started you will see there are trade offs. Compared to how crappy I felt a month ago to now, I feel amazing!! The energy! I'm so happy I took my leap of faith!

I was one of those people who kind of thought this surgery was a miracle cure. I really didn't know you could gain it back until researching more

So here I am - starting two week diet tomorrow- and really fearful I will

Fail. I mean- if I could cut out carbs before now- I would

Of ya know? Why will

I be able too now?

My BMI is just now 35 and I have about 65 pounds to lose. My fear is I will

Lose and then gain it back because I still Have the same habits. I mean I know everyone says you have to change your habits- I am just not sure how you can when we have all been unable too up

Until this point

I am self pay- so there is the extra- am

I spending 13000 on this and then to gain back---

You're way ahead of yourself. You haven't even lost the weight yet. In order to do that, you have to make changes. Don't worry about a year from now, just put one foot in front of the other and worry about today. You can do it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I read that you don't have any real medical issues apart from your cholesterol, your BMI is 35 and you only have 65lbs to lose.

If that is all correct, I really hope that you get some independent counselling before you go ahead.

But no one could change my mind pre op and I really wish that I had listened and done more thorough research.

Much better to postpone than to live with regretting this surgery, believe me!