Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have tried to find a counselor that deals with bariatric and there are none sadley.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

I went to the Psychologist who was part of my Bariatric Team. I'm lucky that I go to an inclusive Program that has everything available (Psych, Nutrition, Surgeon, Exercise Physiologist).

@@northstar9148,

I know, it can be so frustrating when they tell you that you need to lose 15 lbs. It is so natural to think, “If I could lose 15 lbs. just like that, I wouldn’t be needing weight loss surgery because I could just do it myself and lose 15 lbs. over and over until goal weight!”

But, it is true that losing 15 lbs. is different than losing 15 lbs. over and over again. You don’t need to focus for so long, and you have a really good incentive – qualifying for surgery!

It is really important to have a meal plan you can follow. If you’re not sure of what to eat or how much, you can find yourself eating too much or sticking to a plan for a day, then letting other things creep in. You’ve gotten some good tips here about some foods to eat and some Protein goals to aim for.

I’d also try to use this time to work on some of the other factors that are leading to struggles with weight. You said you’re an emotional eater – can you try to find other ways to handle your emotions? Maybe exercise? Or picking up a new hobby?

And are there other ways to get yourself to sleep better at night? Sometimes something as simple as developing a 30-minute pre-bed routine can help. You can read, drink Water, stretch, lay out your clothes for the next day, listen to music…whatever you like that you can do consistently that will start to train your mind and body that it’s almost time to sleep.< /p>

If you do suspect that your thyroid is holding you back, get it tested if you can. Your doctor should be willing to order the test; the first screening test is a simple blood test. You definitely can’t win if you fight against an underactive and untreated thyroid!

Good luck getting those pounds off! Try to remember that this “qualifying diet” is only for a short while, so maybe that can help keep you focused and motivated.

Thank you Alex. What you say makes sense. My personal life consists of me helping others a lot. I get so frustrated, especially with family members and 2 very enabling parents. I am going to take the tips people having giving me, including you. Thank you. Great idea about the bed time ritual. I will try to lose the 15 pounds. I need to keep it off. This 15 pound loss is so my Molina insurance oks me for surgery. I worry about keeping it off before the liquid diet. Thank you for your time and suggestions. I appreciate it very much

So I've been on a low carb diet for 5 days now (I started Thursday). And I finally got my new bath room scale in today. This is the first time I've weighed my self since the 21st at the dr. I was 372 at the dr and 366 today. So that's 6lbs in 5 days and so far all I've done is changed what I ate, I haven't upped my activity at all. This is what yesterday's intake looked like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

post-294159-14700946127772_thumb.jpg

Hey kyn13, it looks like you had 1 shake, lol. I can't see the rest. Just kidding. Congrats on your loss! That awesome! What do you do for lunch, dinner, snack?

Hey north sorry those are just my end of day totals. Here is what I ate yesterday

B: 2 scrambled eggs and 1c sausage

L: double bacon cheese burger no bun with green chili sauce

Snack: 4oz 97%lean ham

D: 1 premier Protein chocolate shake

Snack: 1 Premier Protein chocolate shake

Thanks. I would problem starve on that. I have real trouble in the evenings. But, good for you, that's awesome on your weight loss. I am at 311 pounds, so not sure how many calories I need a day in order not to faint, he he

Thanks. I would problem starve on that. I have real trouble in the evenings. But, good for you, that's awesome on your weight loss. I am at 311 pounds, so not sure how many calories I need a day in order not to faint, he he

I'm not saying I don't get hungry, and I allow myself a snack between each meal. And as long as my carbs never go above 40g it's not a big deal. When I start getting hungry I drink Water and if that doesn't work I chew gum for a bit and then if I'm still hungry I eat my next meal or snack. So if ur issue is in the evening save your biggest meal for dinner. Most of my meals are back wards because I'm usually just waking up before I have to cook dinner for my house so I eat dinner as my first meal. Which also helps because a shake is usually the last thing I eat before going to bed later so it helps to go to bed with something not as heavy on my tummy. If you think you are going to starve on this how do u plan on doing the liquid diet?