Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have only been banded for a week and I'm a little nervous because I keep getting this pain under my left breast and ribs I guess that feels almost like a cramp like I just ran a marathon.

I don't know what it is. Has anyone else had it? should I be worried about it?

Hey! I'm not an expert but you gotta remember that your tummy is a very grumpy patient. Any change in your body will disrupt you internally. I had the same problem and it went away eventually. It was almost as I was bruising and it went up to my breast. More than likely its just from the whole surgery, your esophagus, the port, there may some swelling from your recent surgery. Everything is so close to each other it feels like its something else. You'll be ok, and if it continues for awhile, call your doctor! good luck!

Banded 12/20/07

Dr. Huacuz

Pre-opt weight 196

Current weight 145

1st fill 02/10/07 .5cc

2nd fill 04/14/07 .5cc

weight.png

I had the exact same thing until about a week and a half after surgery. I believe it was gas trapped in there from where they blow up your belly to get the instruments in. Obviously gas rises and when it got up there, it couldn't go any further. It will eventually subside.

I am going to tell you what happened to me.

I had the same pain up under my left breast about one week out of surgery. At times, it was almost unbearable. I finally ended up in the ER, because it felt like I couldnt breath sometimes it hurt so bad. They did cat scan and blood work. All was good. No blood clots. THe cat scan showed my intestines were full of gas bubbles and it was pushing up under my left breast. The ER doc told me to go home and get down on all my hands and knees. Then to support my stomach with a pillow and ease down on my forarms and then finally down all the way so my butt was sticking up in the air but my head was on the ground. This somehow releases the gas bubbles up inside of you. It worked for me!!!

I still use that technique if I get gas trapped up inside me. It really does work. Hope that helps a bit!!

Oh yeah I forgot about the positioning! This definitely helps, at least for me it did! Try it, it really does help relieve the gas pain! Charco charco charco pills (also charcoal). This will help relieve the bubbles from traveling all around reducing some of your gas pain!

Banded 12/20/07

Dr. Huacuz

Pre-opt weight 196

Current weight 145 (reached within 6 months)

1st fill 02/10/07 .5cc

2nd fill 04/14/07 .5cc

3rd unfill completely 07/13/07

weight.png

i am a week out and i had my 1 wk appt and told my doc about the pain. she said it was the port and that the abdominal wall that its attached to is not used to having anything there and needs to work it self out. tr putting an ice pack on it when you lie down or if the pain comes that helped me soo much.

hope this helps

hi, dont worry i know how u feel, i went through the same pain. it goes away in time, move around more(walking) i found it helped. sometimes now i find it also comes back if i eat 2much as if it's telling me i've had enough!! good luck!!