Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

Today is my 4th day post op and my first day to start Protein Shakes. Well, I drank a chocolate Premier Protein Drink this morning and I have not been hungry for the entire day, just forcing myself to drink my liquids. I was so overly full and nauseated that I didn't know what else to do. Here's my question does anyone out there have any ideas on how I can meet my Protein goals daily without using the premier Protein shakes. Any ideas will be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Thank you. I have Isopure, but it is very sweet to me. I guess tomorrow I will give it a try.

I LOVE the ProtiDiet Hot chocolate mix!! I have 2 scoops (20 g protein) every morning **Purchased it on Amazon.< span style="color:#ff0000;"> I also use the Syntrax nectar (roadside lemonade 23 g protein) mixed with Raspberry Ice Crystal Lite with ice for a raspberry lemonade drink during the warm days. At night, I LOVE drinking the new banana flavored Premiere Protein (30 g protein) drink sold at Walmart. The chocolate is just "okay" but that strawberry/cream one is yucky! I have an entire case of it going undrank.

Try other liquid sources of Protein if you don't like premier like: bone broth, ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates, Syntrax Nectar, Isopure, etc.

Chike and Click also make coffee that has 20 grams of Protein.< /p>

Edited by Time4achange16

My dietitian recommended powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and any of the Syntrax nectar flavors. I actually like them a lot. I put the Unjury unflavored in my oatmeal or spaghetti sauce to boost Protein. The Syntrax Nectar flavors I either drink with straight Water or in a smoothie with other fruits. No aftertaste with either of these Protein sources.

I bought the unjury chicken Soup flavor- and it is actually very good warm like broth. Now that I'm further out, I actually add it to things I would put broth in to boost the Protein.

Couple other ideas- add the Unjury plain to your yoghurt when you start eating that, or anything else you're eating- like sf pudding- to up your count. I have a friend who adds that AND NF powdered milk to her morning coffee concoction. And by concoction- I'm not exaggerating! She takes her iced coffee, adds a sf Syrup, some Premiere choc Protein shake, the powdered milk AND the unflavored powder. Can you say thick and super sweet?? lmao. But it works for her (2 years out) and she drinks from after Breakfast til before lunch. It's a huge drink!!! Go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by LisaMergs

Hi Everyone,

Today is my 4th day post op and my first day to start Protein shakes. Well, I drank a chocolate Premier Protein drink this morning and I have not been hungry for the entire day, just forcing myself to drink my liquids. I was so overly full and nauseated that I didn't know what else to do. Here's my question does anyone out there have any ideas on how I can meet my Protein goals daily without using the Premier Protein shakes. Any ideas will be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

I have the Isopure unflavored Protein Powder and I've mixed it in with some crystal light as well as some sugar free pudding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I regularly use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein Powders which were recommended to me by a friend. After reading most of the reviews of each of the products I was interested in, and learning about the difference between whey Protein isolate and whey protein concentrate, I decided to give Unjury try and have been using them since about 6 months prior to my surgery. Fortunately, my taste for the Unjury shakes did not change after surgery, but I know it does for some. In fact, my NUT recommended not to get too stocked up on any particular Protein powder before surgery just in case my tastes for such did change.

I have been quite impressed with the flavor and quality of the vanilla, chocolate Splendor, and the chicken flavored mixes. Both taste great and mix up easily. I've been using the chocolate Splendor mixed with milk for my Breakfast and the chicken flavor mixed with some chicken bouillon for my lunch. You just have to watch the Water temperature when preparing the Chicken flavor otherwise the whey will clump. It doesn’t change the taste, just the texture which can be weird. Both are quite filling and satisfying. I have tried the strawberry Sorbet mixed with lemonade also, and liked the taste okay, but rarely use it; need to work on the amounts mixed together to fine tune the beverage to better suit my taste for strawberry Lemonade. I've also tried the Unflavored powder mixed with milk when I ran out of the chocolate. The milk still tasted like milk, and it was okay, but I did not like it as well as I do the Chocolate Splendor or vanilla mixed with milk.

Most of my protein beverages are just shaken up; I do not use a blender or make them frozen for simplicity and time sake, and the fact that I use them more at work than at home.

Some of my favorite flavor combinations are:

1. Vanilla Protein Powder, SF Sunrise Orange drink (it’s like an orange Dreamsicle)
  2. ½ serving Vanilla PP, ½ serving Chocolate Splendor PP ,4 oz. brewed coffee, chilled, 4 oz. skim milk
  3. Chocolate Splendor PP, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 or 2 servings PB2
  4. ½ serving Vanilla PP, ½ serving Chocolate Splendor, 8 oz. skim milk
  5. Chicken PP with less than a serving of chicken bouillon mixed with 8-10 oz. Water at 140 degs. A great option when you’re tired of all the sweet stuff.

If you are looking for a high quality, great tasting, satisfying protein powder that is better than anything you will find in the stores, then this is the product you want to purchase. You can't go wrong, especially since you can return the product if you aren't pleased with it.