Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery is in a few weeks. This whole thing has been a long time coming. And if it doesn't happen before the end of the year it's never going to happen, for insurance reasons more than anything. So I'm supposed to be losing a few pounds before surgery as most surgeons request. My first surgeon had a whole 2 week plan...2 shakes, Protein veggie dinner cut out all the crap. My new surgeon just says you should lose a few pounds. I see other people talking about how their surgeons felt their livers and talked about the size and so on and so forth. Neither of mine have touched me. I know that I had a fatty liver because I had a big to do about a hemangioma on it a few years ago. So now I'm all worried about that affecting the surgery.

Anywho I've taken it upon myself to go along with the first surgeons structured plan to do the pre-op diet. Day one was ehh... Day two is ughhh... I'm HUNGRY. All I can think about is egg foo young and chimichangas. lol! Like I'm thinking to myself how bad would it be really if I just keep eating normal and not dieting, considering how when I diet I don't lose anything anyhow. I already know the answer of course. This diet is already beginning to feel like too much on top of everything else. I'm trying to stay focused but its hard. I'm trying to focus on the bigger picture, but then I think maybe I'm just meant to be a fat ass. Like I'd hate to go through all this and then not lose any weight.

Hang in there! The pre-op diet is the pits, but really does get better with time. I remember that by the 4th day I was doing much better. Your first doctor's plan sounds about right. You can also eat sugar free Popsicles, drink broth or sugar free drinks.

You will more than lose a few pounds - and once you have the surgery you will be on your way. I am 9 months out from surgery - at my doctor's goal weight (although I would like to lose a few more pounds. I feel better than I have in years.

Just remember that this 'pre-op' diet sucks - but you will get through it - - take it one day at a time - keep yourself busy and away from stuff that tempts you. It will be worth the effort!

sugar free drinks - not sodas - and if you haven't already, take yourself off caffeine - that will give you a big headache, too lol - but again, worth the effort

Make sure you take a good before photograph, so that you will have something to compare it with afterwards.

I know how you are feeling Mina. I'm also always thinking about food but I just pray that my liver be small enough. We have to hang in there. My date is next Tuesday. When is yours

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have to take my before pictures lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@miiasan Thanks I'm trying to stay focuses, luckily I'm not a big snacker anyways so I don't have like junk food in my house. I do have so juice and lemonade leftover that I kinda want to to finish but I'm mainly drinking Water. It's just the wanting to like make hamburger steak and potatoes or have some toasty bread that's killing me. lol! The surgery date can't get here fast enough.

@@James Marusek I already have a quite a lot of pictures that pretty much show who I am now. I think the comparisons will be a big motivating factor for me as well. I know simply 40lbs ago I could take a picture and feel relatively ok, but now it's nothing but me critiquing myself a lot harder than usual. So I can only imagine the feeling I'll feel when I'm down 100+ lbs...hopefully.

@@Mudgy6 Yes, thoughts of food are a killer, especially at dinner time. lol! That was my main time for eating "real" food. My surgery is August 4th! So not too far away. I hope your surgery goes well, maybe we can help each other. Keep me posted, you can add me as a friend if you'd like.

I hear you - one of the things I do now is make sure I am really busy in the evening. That is the most dangerous time to want to snack and I find if I am working on a project - especially one that occupies my hands - the evening passes by quickly and I manage to get through it without grazing. I have an evening snack - but it is well planned and fits into my plan