Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 7 of Pre-Op Liquids - I need a few suggestions.

Hello. I'm on day 7 of the liquid pre-op diet. When I heard that I was allowed certain greek yogurts on the diet, I wasn't too concerned with it. But I'm mainly doing yogurt and shakes. I'm already feeling so bored with them and I know I have a long ways to go, as I have to do this for 2 weeks post op too. Then the pureed diet will probably include a lot of those foods too.

Last night I tried ProtiDiet chicken Flavor Protein Soup. It was good. It was different. I probably wouldn't have liked it had I been eating my usual way, but since I hadn't had anything like it in days, it was rather satisfying. What I would have given for a few noodles to chew though!

I was looking at other protein Soups online. So many have bad reviews. They are also so expensive. Paying $13-20 for (7) packages (makes 6-8oz) is crazy. I know people say you can put your plain Protein powder in soups/broths, but then others say the protein sometimes doesn't dissolve right in the heat.

I was wondering if you could take a Tomato Soup and add Protein Powder? Does it make it gross? Are there some powders that work better than others? I'd like it to dissolve, not get a weird gel texture, and also not add a weird flavor. Is that possible?

Any other suggestions for variety on the this stage? I know they say sugar free jellos, puddings and popsicles too. I have to watch the artificial sweeteners though.

Has anyone taken Isopure and made it into popsicles? I was wondering if that'd work?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but when I search, it's hard to find answers.

Thanks for your help.

I've been drinking the Premier Protein drinks and adding coffee to them. Of course, that won't help you if you dislike coffee. For me it's amazing. I think we may have a different pre-op diets because I'm only on Protein Drinks and Clear Liquids - no yogurts, etc. I just bought chicken broth from costco and add seasoning to it, and it's a really nice change from eating all the sweet things like Jello and Popsicles. The coffee really cuts the sweetness of the Protein drinks too.

Embrace the boredom. food no longer entertains me; it's one thing that helps me eat less.

@@Laughkc11 - I love coffee, so I'll try adding those to shakes. Yes, I'm allowed no sugar added, low fat greek yogurt that has high Protein, but no chunks of any kind. I can also have skim milk.

I agree that the salty Soup flavor helped switch things up a bit. When I tried that ProtiDiet creamy chicken Protein soup, it tasted like heaven! I hate it slowly with a spoon, imagining noodles in it. I'm sure before this diet I would not have liked it at all, but after 6 days of the sweet shakes and yogurts, it seemed like "real food".