Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waking up after surgery

I'm not sure why I am so nervous/curious about what to expect when I wake up from surgery. Will I have tubes or oxygen etc...I may just be overthinking this. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ya I think there was oxygen. Waking up from surgery is always disorienting and bizarre. It just feels like you were out for 5 minutes. I usually wake up crying from just being confused. It's no big deal, you'll do great!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Just woke up and started walking. Dangist thing, but that's what happened.

I woke up very relaxed and no pain. No breathing tube. Of course there was an IV with saline drip. Took me a few hours to realize I had a drain tube and catheter. Hated the catheter, it was removed after approx 24 hours. Drain tube removed just before I was discharged after approx 36 hours.

When I had my gallbladder out I woke up in recovery screaming. I had a lot of pain and I was so disoriented. I couldn't remember where I was or why I hurt so bad. It took a few minutes of the nurse trying to calm me down before it came back to me. The dilaudid they shot into my IV helped. Once the pain was manageable I could think more clearly and remembered I just had surgery. I think I had an oxygen tube around my face, and of course I had an IV.

I'm really hoping this next time goes a lot better.

No tubes. Just an IV.

Sent from my LGMS345 using the BariatricPal App

I JUST HAD AN IV AND DIDNT HAVE ANY PAIN BUT REALLY BAD NAUSEA

@@UCLA man - glad I didn't have the catheter. Sorry you had to deal with that. Not every surgeon does it.

I woke up thinking I was in pain, also felt like I couldn't breathe, they had a oxygen mask they put on me right away, I too had a catheter when I woke up for 24 hrs... And just the Ivs no drain. I wear contacts usually but didn't for surgery and my sister had my glasses so that was another weird experience to be in recovery for 3+ hrs seeing blurry!

No drain tube, no catheter

Sent from my LGMS345 using the BariatricPal App