Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm doing okay. Much better. Feeling a tiny slight headache. Slept for 12 hours which I think is enough.

Trying to think of how to shower without wetting my incisions.

Gina, i had a sleeve surgery and I don't know about post op care. My family have no clue at all that I had surgery but my best friend back in the Uk knows and I'll be informing my GP in the UK and tell her that I had surgery. I'll check today if they sell compression stockings here at the pharmacy and buy them.

Too be honest, the thing that frightens me other than being alone here is my dissertation which needs to be submitted in almost a month! I think I'm the only person in the world who would go out of their mind to have surgery before a short period of their deadline...

I'll tell you something but don't laugh lool. Yesterday I had more than one dream (nightmare to be specific) that I was eating so much food hahahaha! In the first dream aka nightmare I ate the whole dinner table and finished by eating more than a croissant! At one point, I could barely breath! I felt like chocking so I woke up frightened and actually believing than I'm eating in reality lol! Strange...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Lol you got me laughing out so loud. Glad you feel better. My surgery is in a month also at kcm your experience kind of makes me nervous and rethinking another clinic. Please can you tell me who was your surgeon?

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Susansuan

I think his name is Dr Kowalski? Something like that. He's the only one working there. You can find YouTube videos of him; type "KMC Poland".

And I really don't know what to say : )

For me, myself, I think it would have been way better if I had someone with me but that's just me. I don't know about you.

I think you just have to well prepared and strong.

I think for me mainly it was a matter of being emotionally strong. There was another guy with me with his father in law and he was feeling good after surgery unlike me. And he came to my room and encouraged me to get up, drink Water, and walk and feel better. So yeah, I guess mentally and emotionally I needed someone with me so that's why I was mostly scared.

The tiredness usually goes away once you start mushy/solid food because your body has more to work with. If you can, focus on getting in Water and Protein Drinks, juice (even diluted) is just simple sugars, your body needs Protein. I order my Protein Powder from the Protein works (online, I use their diet whey isolate 97). Even at 6 months I have one in the morning. If you don't love the flavours (though tpw has some if the best tasting imho) you can do what I do and make a kind if iced coffee in the morning? I mix a spoon of decaff coffee with a sachet of Cadbury's options (takes the edge off the coffee taste and only has about 5g of carbs), mix with 100ml hot Water and stir to dissolve. Add 200ml alpro soy milk (lower carb than regular milk and the coffee covers the taste), then the mixture won't be hot so you can add the protein powder with it curdling. Add ice and enjoy. I have several sugar free coffee syrups that I add as the mood takes me, I'm loving the sugar free gingerbread Syrup at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

@@GinaCampbell

Are your stats correct Gina, have you really lost 76lbs since May? That's some going, I''m jealous.

Yes, maybe more now but that's because I can only get in 300 to 500 calories a day.

I don't think it's a healthy way to lose weight.

I had Soup today and some juice early in the morning.

Everything is okay except for my back. I don't know is it because of the surgery or my period. It's not painful, just feels uncomfortable to sit on a chair or anything else. I only feel better when I lay down.

I was freaking out yesterday and couldn't breathe along with my back pain so I called the emergency and they took me to hospital and the doctor was shocked that I hadn't had any bowel movements for more than 10 days! I told her that's because I'm on a liquid diet and she was like I have to.

Hope you're ok Lulu.

I feel very tired very very tired. I just want this tiredness and fatigue to go away.

You just had major abdominal surgery. You have just had a large section of your stomach cut away. Your body is trying to heal.

Curl up and rest, sleep and sip Water all day.

Think about how many calories you are actually taking in. Your body is confused and exhausted.

Just rest.

I feel very tired very very tired. I just want this tiredness and fatigue to go away.

Are you getting Protein and Vitamins? How much Water are you drinking? It's normal to be exhausted but be sure you are getting protein, fluids and vitamins! Walk and move around as much as possible to prevent blood clots, stimulate healing and get rid of pain (and help you poop). Stay strong!!!

Hi all

I've been doing okay. My only issue is my very low energy levels especially at day but strangely feel better at night!

Anyways, I have a question: why is the moment I drink Water, it's the same moment I rush to the bathroom? I've been drinking a lot of water so going to the bathroom a lot which is a good thing but why is at the same moment that I drink I rush straight to the bathroom? Anyone had this?

Hey Lulu, glad to hear you're doing ok.

I'm not sure about the rushing to the loo thing, but I know that for the first few days whenever I drank a Protein or milk based drink (even tea!) it went straight through me (diarrhoea). It only lasted a few days through and I'm fine now - hope it's just a temporary thing with you too.

I also had very low energy levels which I put down to low calorie intake. It improved as I was able to move through the food stages and now I'm fine at 6 weeks out. I would suggest you take it as your body just wanting to rest and recover from the surgery so it's ok to have a few days pegged out on the sofa watching the olympics guilt-free :)

Jo x