Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious of low BMI-ers results from past Sleevers:

(1) BMI prior to Sleeve

(2) Weight Lost 1st, 2nd, 3rd Months

(3) Nausea Level Day 1

(4) Pain Level Day 1

(5) Week of first stall

(6) How long did that stall last

Again, just curious if there are any similarities.

Thanks all in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey there, I was sleeved on 16 November 2015.

My height is 5"9, pre-surgery weight was 250 pounds. So BMI was 37.

First month I believe I lost about 10kg, second month was about 6kg, third month about 4kg.

I had two strictures requiring dilation 3 times. Then, we found that I also had a torsion in my sleeve (it had twisted on itself and would make anything more solid than milk trampoline back up). So, I was admitted to hospital 5 weeks ago (I am typing this from hospital now) and I had the sleeve converted to a gastric bypass because of the complications and being unable to eat. I then got an obstruction of the distal anastamosis as it twisted and stuck to itself, resulting in blockage. Had to go back to theatre to fix it. I'm 8 months out now and have lost 77 pounds, giving me a BMI of 25.5. It obviously slowed down when I was unable to take solids, because I was given total parenteral nutrition (food through an IV which worked out to be about 2000 calories a day). But I'm happy with the loss, not happy with all the complications and having 7 gastroscopies, 5 barium swallows, 3 dilatations and 2 extra surgeries.

Nausea level day 1 was OK, but once the anaesthetics wore off on day 2 it was HORRENDOUS. I had every single anti-emetic they could give me (I am a doctor so am pretty familiar with them!). The nausea improved after a few days but I still struggled with it after leaving hospital.

Pain was OK on day 1, again it got worse on day 2. But it was manageable with regular pain relief. The gastric bypass conversion, however, was horrific. I ended up in the high-dependency unit to get lignocaine infusions because it was so bad. I'm the kind of girl who breaks a bone and ignores it, so feel like my pain tolerance is pretty high - but the conversion was really bad,

First proper stall was about 4 months in - gained and lost a few pounds for maybe 3 weeks, but then there'd be a woosh and 6 or 7 pounds would disappear. I tried to weigh myself daily but didn't worry too much around my period as I always retain Water and that pushes the scales up a lot!

Hope that helps! :-)

Hey there, I was sleeved on 16 November 2015.

My height is 5"9, pre-surgery weight was 250 pounds. So BMI was 37.

First month I believe I lost about 10kg, second month was about 6kg, third month about 4kg.

I had two strictures requiring dilation 3 times. Then, we found that I also had a torsion in my sleeve (it had twisted on itself and would make anything more solid than milk trampoline back up). So, I was admitted to hospital 5 weeks ago (I am typing this from hospital now) and I had the sleeve converted to a gastric bypass because of the complications and being unable to eat. I then got an obstruction of the distal anastamosis as it twisted and stuck to itself, resulting in blockage. Had to go back to theatre to fix it. I'm 8 months out now and have lost 77 pounds, giving me a BMI of 25.5. It obviously slowed down when I was unable to take solids, because I was given total parenteral nutrition (food through an IV which worked out to be about 2000 calories a day). But I'm happy with the loss, not happy with all the complications and having 7 gastroscopies, 5 barium swallows, 3 dilatations and 2 extra surgeries.

Nausea level day 1 was OK, but once the anaesthetics wore off on day 2 it was HORRENDOUS. I had every single anti-emetic they could give me (I am a doctor so am pretty familiar with them!). The nausea improved after a few days but I still struggled with it after leaving hospital.

Pain was OK on day 1, again it got worse on day 2. But it was manageable with regular pain relief. The gastric bypass conversion, however, was horrific. I ended up in the high-dependency unit to get lignocaine infusions because it was so bad. I'm the kind of girl who breaks a bone and ignores it, so feel like my pain tolerance is pretty high - but the conversion was really bad,

First proper stall was about 4 months in - gained and lost a few pounds for maybe 3 weeks, but then there'd be a woosh and 6 or 7 pounds would disappear. I tried to weigh myself daily but didn't worry too much around my period as I always retain Water and that pushes the scales up a lot!

Hope that helps! :-)

Yes! Thank you so much for sharing your story! I'm so sorry it was such a rough ride. Hopefully things are going well now?

I'm a low BMI patient.

My BMI was 35 prior to my sleeve.

I'm only 3 weeks and have lost 20lbs.

My nausea level day 1 was non existent.

My pain level day 1 was probably a 3-4.

My first stall lasted 48 hours and happened at week 2, my second stall lasted 72 hours and happened at week 3.

Erin - 35 - illinois

HW:262/SW: 228/CW:210

Surgery date - 6/22/16

I'm a low BMI patient.

My BMI was 35 prior to my sleeve.

I'm only 3 weeks and have lost 20lbs.

My nausea level day 1 was non existent.

My pain level day 1 was probably a 3-4.

My first stall lasted 48 hours and happened at week 2, my second stall lasted 72 hours and happened at week 3.

Erin - 35 - illinois

HW:262/SW: 228/CW:210

Surgery date - 6/22/16

Thank you for sharing this! Great info :)

My BMI was 35 day of surgery on April 4th, 2016. Immediately after surgery gas pain was intense (felt like a heart attack) they drugged me up good to knock me out for awhile because I was frantic over it & dropping the F-bomb quite frequently & loudly. Next four weeks were hard with pulling pain from incision & the liquid diet but nausea was minimal & I never threw up. Weight loss was sloooooww.. My body was in survival mode till I gave it real food & basically refused to give up any lbs until I fed it real meat. At 4 week check up I had only lost 12lbs. Once I started eating meals (mini meals) & exercising a steady 2.5 lbs per week came off. I'm 3 1/2 months out now & feeling great! I can eat pretty much anything in small doses but white meat chicken makes me feel stuffed to the rim - so I avoid it. First 6 weeks is "just rough" like after any surgery. I've always liked having a cold glass of Water next me at all times so hydration has not been difficult but at my 2 month check-up my Iron was low so now I take extra Iron pills. The only thing I have thrown back up to date has been an iron pill - just yuck. I have stalls frequently - and then bam! 4 lbs off in one day. But if you track your weight with an app you will see over time it's actually a consistent amount. I had buyers remorse for the first few weeks & then again when my iron was low (felt dreadfully tired) but at 3.5 months I felt pretty great. I've gone from a size 16 to a size 12 and down 33lbs I eat delicious foods but now only in small bites - even enjoyed a glass of wine every evening on vacation last week with no issues.