Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 12 weeks out from the sleeve, and my hair has started shedding too

Its normal... and it does slow down eventually...

Edited by AussieGirl81

I hear it's temporary and grows back but that worries me too. I started taking Biotin pre surgery, in hopes to prepare for this.

Edited by Pup

Well i had hair loss when i had my band.... its not as bad as you would expect.. i didn't end up with bald Patches... just thinner hair.... so instead a hair tie going around twice... it would go around 3 times...

This time though... i am noticing it much earlier.... grrrrr i love my hair... but i also know it only lasts a couple of months.. then grows back

Omg a couple of months! I don't think I will have any hair left?! I've only just grown it long so i am panicking I will have to cut it all off again! What is Biotin and can you take it after surgery and also can you get it in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Biotin will not stop the hair loss.... it will only help slightly to make your hair grow back faster....

Some info onTelogen effluvium:

http://www.m.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss-women-14/hair-loss-hidden-causes

Edited by AussieGirl81

http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-313/biotin

Here's a link to tell you a little bit about Biotene it's for your hair skin and nails.

What I really like about it is that I can buy it in the form where it just melts on your my tongue and there's no more pill to swallow.

This is the kind I buy in the picture it may look like a large bottle but it's actually very small maybe 2 inches tall.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Ha ha I forgot to attach pic

post-286526-14686728553004_thumb.jpg post-286526-14686728600757_thumb.jpg

post-286526-14686727733744_thumb.jpg

post-286526-14686727787373_thumb.jpg

I don't take a supplement (biotin) yet but I do use a Biotin Callaghan Shampoo & conditioner. Not sure if its going to help in the loss but mentally it helps to know I'm doing something. My hair grows very slow which worries me :'(

I was just commenting to my hubby how if it doesn't stop soon I'm going to be bald...lol....I'm 5 months post op and it's been shedding for over a month...every morning after I wash and blow dry my hair , the sink is covered in hair...it's sad! Mine is not coming out in clumps , more of a shedding.

Yes, don't panic. This is completely normal and there is nothing that will stop it. Getting sufficient Protein (which is almost impossible at that stage) will slow it, but not stop it. Taking Biotin and using medicated Shampoo (I used Nioxin) will promote new growth, which is very helpful, however will not stop it from falling out. I recall being at that stage and the shower drain being full EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I did not understand how I would ever have any hair left in the end, but I did :-) It was much thinner to me, by looks and touch, but everyone I asked could not tell. Hang in there, this too shall pass!

Protein! You have to be vigilant and get in the recommended amount of Protein (or more) to help. But from what I've read, even that only helps to a point.

The Biotin, like other's have said, will help with the regrowth, but not the falling out part.

I'm 9 weeks post op today... it hasn't started with me yet, but when my thyroid went wonky a few years back I had a ton of hair loss, so I know what is to come.