Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is something wrong with me?

If you don't give your body the nutritions it needs, you will be hungry regardless of how much lettuce you eat. Your stomach will fill and shortly after, your hunger is back. I know this because I have had this problem.

I seem to tolerate sugar pretty well too and like you, I also wanted to quit sugar. It doesn't work. If I don't eat properly or drink something slightly sweet, my blood glucose drops to the point where I get a headache. I make sure to drink something sweet but not to the extent that I was in the past.

Two fries in comparison to what you might have been used to consuming is not much. Don't panic and focus on changing your habits rather than letting your stomach do everything for you. You have to make the choice to be healthy in your head rather than by your stomach when it rejects something. You will feel more in control and less panicked too.

You also need something solid in your stomach. You can't just expect to survive on shakes. liquids are processed in the stomach a lot faster than solids.

I can and I will.

Hi! I'm new to the forum. Just checking in because I'm starting to worry that my surgery is a fail. I will be 8 weeks out this coming Tuesday, July 19. Almost 40 lbs down. BUT...I can EAT anything. The only reason I know this is because we've been on vacation for 2 weeks. I drink tons of Protein drinks still, but because I'm so limited on food options, I just "try" a little bit of whatever. So far I've never dumped. Ever. And I even tried a tiny bit of a lemon bar last night at our hotel. I was amazed I could tolerate the little bit of sugar. But now I'm freaked. I don't want to tolerate sugar. Is something wrong with me? I even tried a chicken strip and had like 2 French fries. Ugh. Please be kind.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Only 8 weeks out....you should probably still be on pureed to soft foods as tolerated.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using the BariatricPal App

I'm on soft foods at 5 weeks post op per nut and I tried stew carrots no problem and the turkey meatballs kind of sit in my tummy but I don't throw it up or anything

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Yikes, Limesqueeze, that kind-of worries me. Did she successfully lose weight?

She did, but not much. She has been having to work out like a fiend to be able to lose the little bit that she did. She has been pretty upset about her lack of results.

When I came home I felt like my stomach was the same size it was before surgery. I could drink more fluids. After a few days, I couldn't eat or drink a lot. It went down to a few sips. Now it feel like everything get stuck in my chest. I can get in less than half of my Protein shake. When I fix grits, I'm only suppose to have a quarter cup. I can get in less than that. 2-3 small fork or spoon size and I'm done. If I take that 4th bite, I will be hugging the toilet. Lately the toilet and I have a close personal relationship lol