Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you guys getting all your liquids and proteins in?!

Hi guys!

Im about a little over 2 weeks post op and i feel like i am not handling my "meals" and my liquids well! Theres not enough hours in the day! I started purees today.....okay while writing that I wanted to slap myself in the forehead and tell myself to chill and give myself time to get the flow of things. Lol.

But seriously, I had one egg this morning with cheese and a bit of chopped ham and had half of it for a snack later on in the day. I had a bite or two of tuna and then split a small container of canned mandarins for snack and dinner. And on top of that I drank as much Water as i could. Im still sipping now.... But damn! Getting in everything I need is like a full time job! Lol

How did you guys plan yourselves better to actually have your 5-6 meals a day and the fluids without exploding?! At some point I feel like my little tummy is expanding with all the liquids im trying to get in.

Any advice on how you did it? How you paced yourself?

It is a full time job for a while post-op.

You may have to get out pen and paper and make a schedule. Set short term milestones/goals and just keep at it.

It gets easier.

It's no joke a full time job, I'm 2 & 1/2 weeks weeks out and I have to set alarms on my phone to remind me to get Protein in and drink. It was hard for me the first two weeks although I managed but it's getting a lot easier! My stomach is handling more liquids. Then it was before . Don't get me wrong it's still a chore but it's getting easier. Just aim for high protein. I usually do a scoop of 30 gm Protein Drink with 5oz Water in the morning and night.. 4 oz cottage cheese 13 gm protein , zero calorie ice cold Vitamin water made with trivia is a life saver..I love the strawberry lemonade one. It's not acidic tasting . I carry water with me 24 hour and drink. Drink drink even if I'm not thirsty I make myself go through a 20oz vit water, 16 oz water, plus whatever I mix in to my Protein Drinks , posix le and more after before bed. It's literally a full time job....it'll pay off :)

Popsicle ******and more Water before bed******

I also do a cup of milk and 5 oz Powerade if I feel my blood sugar going down

Edited by Red_lips_and_confidence

I am one week post op and just getting in enough Fluid is a struggle, let alone protein! I just can't be bothered....but I know it's my life we're talking about, so I need to really focus. So worried about work next week and how I will juggle it all....I can't wait until I can eat though!!! Good luck with it all.

For the first few weeks I was just drinking constantly almost all day. It would take me about a half hour to finish a Protein shake, I just kept taking sips until it was done. I continued to use Protein shakes as my primary source of Protein until almost month three when I could eat enough food at one time to get my 60g of protein without them.

Premier Protein is great only 11oz with 30g of protein so two of them should be enough to reach goal for most people.

It's tough. 2 weeks post op. I have to worry about food more than I did before surgery. Before, I just wouldn't eat all day and just binge on a great meal at dinner. Now, I have to plan. I'll be on purees starting tommorrow. But my first 3 items of each day is Water, premier Protein (30g), and a triple zero greek yogurt. Those are easy to do on the go and I can't have anything else until I do.

After that i sip on ice cold Water, Popsicles whatever and have my meals in between. Anytime I leave the house for an extended trip- transporting kids, baseball games, movies, i take a Protein drink with me.

It takes awhile for me to get tired of something. So I'll keep doing that just to get that protein in. You'll get used to it. And your hair will thank you!

I feel the same way!!!!! I drink what Water I can& don't worry about the rest!!!! I had a can of cream of potatoe Soup yesterday for lunch & dinner& got too full at dinner!!! Once I feel a little full I stop!!!!! I did try just maybe 3 bites of sugar free ice cream,it was wonderful. I'm trying to just eat meals & nothing in between,I had surgery July 6th!!!!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using the BariatricPal App

It's no joke a full time job, I'm 2 & 1/2 weeks weeks out and I have to set alarms on my phone to remind me to get Protein in and drink. It was hard for me the first two weeks although I managed but it's getting a lot easier! My stomach is handling more liquids. Then it was before . Don't get me wrong it's still a chore but it's getting easier. Just aim for high protein. I usually do a scoop of 30 gm protein drink with 5oz Water in the morning and night.. 4 oz cottage cheese 13 gm protein , zero calorie ice cold Vitamin water made with trivia is a life saver..I love the strawberry lemonade one. It's not acidic tasting . I carry water with me 24 hour and drink. Drink drink even if I'm not thirsty I make myself go through a 20oz vit water, 16 oz water, plus whatever I mix in to my protein drinks , posix le and more after before bed. It's literally a full time job....it'll pay off :)

I think Im going to start setting alarms too! I am always drinking water and have water with me. But its still a struggle lol. We will make it work somehow!

I hear yah! But I've gotten some easy high Protein items like the yogurt called triple zero that has 27 grams for vanilla. It goes down good! And I'm drinking at every pee break at night. Two shakes and yogurt gets you well over 60. So add your Protein meals your gold.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just started purees and i kind of stopped talking shakes. But i think I am going to add those back in for a while longer!

It's tough. 2 weeks post op. I have to worry about food more than I did before surgery. Before, I just wouldn't eat all day and just binge on a great meal at dinner. Now, I have to plan. I'll be on purees starting tommorrow. But my first 3 items of each day is Water, Premier Protein (30g), and a triple zero greek yogurt. Those are easy to do on the go and I can't have anything else until I do.

After that i sip on ice cold Water, Popsicles whatever and have my meals in between. Anytime I leave the house for an extended trip- transporting kids, baseball games, movies, i take a Protein drink with me.

It takes awhile for me to get tired of something. So I'll keep doing that just to get that Protein in. You'll get used to it. And your hair will thank you!

Hahah! Yessss gotta get that protein in!!! Thanks!!!