Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, not trying to be mean, but there actually are stupid questions lol

@@blueeyez You may want to read all of the comments in the thread before accusing someone of being a bully. @@anniebanana clearly stated she gave the person other options to satisfy their craving and they weren't interested - they wanted a PB&J sandwich. We are all adults - this crying "bully" is getting really old.

I really don't know why people come here asking if they can eat silly things when they just got out of surgery and I'm pretty sure they got a pamphlet of information stating what they can and can not eat after surgery. Why come on a forum to ask opinions of people who you don't know if you won't even listen to your freaking doctors lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Before I was sleeved, I couldn't imagine why people would eat things like mac and cheese after going through this process. The truth is (and what people don't talk much about) is that after the surgery, you are STILL hungry. You will still crave foods. I thought I was a loser and losing my mind when I was starving. A sleeved stomach is still a stomach...just smaller. And all those foods will still sound delicious. Eating them, on the other hand, is a different story. One in the mouth...not that appealing.

@@Amurillo04 And that's why weight loss surgery gets a bad rap with regards to weight gain. Some people just think it's the magic bullet, that they will no longer have to sacrifice some of their favorite foods or can continue to give into cravings.

@@anniebanana Exactly. It's a tool to help you lose but it's not gonna stop you from liking bacon egg and cheeses and pbjs you still need to have the will power to say no to those yourself. Personally I want to take advantage of it and try to move over to just generally healthier eating for life, not to eat the same way just smaller. To each their own I guess.

...We are all adults - this crying "bully" is getting really old.

Good thing Teddy Roosevelt wasn't alive and posting here. :)
prez26-bully.jpg

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

I really don't know why people come here asking if they can eat silly things when they just got out of surgery and I'm pretty sure they got a pamphlet of information stating what they can and can not eat after surgery. Why come on a forum to ask opinions of people who you don't know if you won't even listen to your freaking doctors lol

Not everyone's doctor sends them home with a robust list of acceptable foods. If everyone is suppose to just eat what their doctor says, seems senseless to have a nutrition section on this forum.

Not everyone's doctor sends them home with a robust list of acceptable foods. If everyone is suppose to just eat what their doctor says, seems senseless to have a nutrition section on this forum.
I think there's a difference between seeking nutritional guidance and asking if you can eat things that are common sense. Most people have to do nutritional classes to even qualify for the surgery in the first place as well as an orientation. I find it hard to believe that a surgeon just sends you off on your way and doesn't give you any indication that you shouldn't go back to eating normal food especially a week or two after surgery. And even if they didn't You could look in the nutritional part of the forum and figure that out yourself rather than looking for assurance that it's ok to go off track so early but like I said to each there own and at the end of the day we all have our own idea of success on this surgery :)

and if someone wants to ask about something that you deem as "common sense" you can just scroll right past the post and ignore it !!(imagine that LOL)not start an entire post about how "stupid" someones question is GEEZE and sorry but bullies come in all shapes sizes and AGES. so YES adults are some of the worst bullies out there not just children!! like I said before this is supposed to be a support group for people that are just out of or contemplating surgery and myself being new here, am not seeing a lot of support going on but a lot of judgement.

and if someone wants to ask about something that you deem as "common sense" you can just scroll right past the post and ignore it !!(imagine that LOL)not start an entire post about how "stupid" someones question is GEEZE and sorry but bullies come in all shapes sizes and AGES. so YES adults are some of the worst bullies out there not just children!! like I said before this is supposed to be a support group for people that are just out of or contemplating surgery and myself being new here, am not seeing a lot of support going on but a lot of judgement.

That's exactly what I do, I've never commented on a persons post that I thought they were asking a silly question because I don't want/have too, I leave that to the veterans on the forum who may have better input. But I am totally allowed to respond to the person on this post who I agree with. Never have i bullied anyone here but just as I don't comment on people's post I don't agree with neither should you. And it's the Internet your sometimes gonna here stuff you don't want to hear and if your gonna take it to heart and feel bullied by people who you disagree with then that's on you.

I am not feeling bullied by anyone.... I am neither the OP or the person wanting the PB&J LOL I just read the header of this and thought WOW what question did someone ask that deserved an entire topic devoted to it and to be called stupid to boot just thought it was totally unnecessary and mean . Sorry but are we allowed to have our own opinions on here??? are we allowed to stand up for someone that we feel is being judged a little harshly?? Guess i didn't see that in the rules and regulations if we are not supposed to

Edited by blueeyez

Yes, EVERYONE is allowed to express their opinions on here.

Everyone.

:)