Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have been feeling this strong pain at the top of my stomach after i drank my Multivitamin for the first time yesterday. It got real bad that I barely could drink my shake. I called my surgeon and he asked me if i was taking my pills for heartburn and I said no because I had completely forgotten about those pills. He says to drink it that the pain is being caused by that. I drank the pill 6hrs ago and I still have this pain in my stomach that makes it hard for me to breathe in deeply and I cant eat well. I dont know if is something normal or if I should go to the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I would say if you are really in a lot of pain give your a surgeon a call back quickly and let them know you are going to head into the ER.

At least you can get peace of mind or if something is going on, you get it taken care of.

It is VERY important that your surgical team know that you are headed there because my experience is that the ER doesn't always know what to look for with us. They cover the basics. This way your surgeon can guide them.

Hope you feel better soon. :(

I would say if you are really in a lot of pain give your a surgeon a call back quickly and let them know you are going to head into the ER.

At least you can get peace of mind or if something is going on, you get it taken care of.

It is VERY important that your surgical team know that you are headed there because my experience is that the ER doesn't always know what to look for with us. They cover the basics. This way your surgeon can guide them.

Hope you feel better soon. :(

ThankYou sooooo much for your help. I think Im going to go because this pain dosnt feel too normal plus i really just want a peace of mind. I keep thinking about it too much

Please take care and keep us posted. If you need anything or have questions you can message me directly if you want, just click on my picture and compose a message.

Please take care of yourself!

All the best to you, hope everything goes smoothly. Please keep us posted.

I get a pain to . I'm 6 days post op. I don't know how to describe it. It comes and goes it sits right behind my sternum at the top of my stomach. It feels like the beginnings of a burp that never comes, or like something is going in and gets stuck even though I'm not eating anything.

When it happens it's only for a few seconds like between 5-10. I can't take a deep breath and sometimes it triggers a hiccup. Its really annoying and uncomfortable when its happening.

I'm not sure if that's what you're feeling but hope you feel better soon.

Are you walking? Because that could be the reason. I am 2 days post op and getting lots of pain. It pains me to get up and walk. Good luck to all of us. But please WALK, WALK, and WALK MORE.

Please take care and keep us posted. If you need anything or have questions you can message me directly if you want, just click on my picture and compose a message.

Please take care of yourself!

I went to the hospital just got home. They said gastritis. Since i didnt take omeprosol as indicated. They did check everything else and Im doing good. Now just need to wait till the meds take effect. Atleast now Im not going nuts thinking it was a leak or something. They also gave me Miralax since I had trouble going to the bathroom. Thank you so much for your help and support. I truly appreciate it.

Im doing better Thanks everyone. And drink your pills