Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My work here is done

Why we can't just leave the bacon alone she said that the doctor got on to her. You learn from your mistakes. I think she got it.... she was really asking for help. So, please leave it alone. If you look in the mirror you are being a bully. We are here for help. I'm happy she told us because someone else has made a mistake but to scared to say something. Her doctor wouldn't have known if she did not tell him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I agree

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

As I'm reading about Bacongate 2016, all I can think about is 20 oz steak guy. Does anyone else remember him? 3-4 weeks ago he posted asking for advice on how to confront his doctor because he could eat a 20 oz steak 2 weeks post op. He was convinced his doctor screwed up.

Can we get him and bacon chick together? I'd love to read that forum.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok let's drama down a notch ....or two.

Good suggestion.

I remember a thread in which vets complained about newbies being "so overly sensitive". Some vets seem to be quite sensitive and easily offended, too, as I have noticed during the last weeks.

Good suggestion.

I remember a thread in which vets complained about newbies being "so overly sensitive". Some vets seem to be quite sensitive and easily offended, too, as I have noticed during the last weeks.

It went from "tough love" to a dog pile

Bacon is overrated anyway

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

As I'm reading about Bacongate 2016, all I can think about is 20 oz steak guy. Does anyone else remember him? 3-4 weeks ago he posted asking for advice on how to confront his doctor because he could eat a 20 oz steak 2 weeks post op. He was convinced his doctor screwed up.

All we need to add are people who at one week post surgery:

Ate corn on the cob.

Drank beer.

Ate potato salad, macaroni salad and coleslaw.

Then we can have a virtual barbecue of what not to eat at one week post WLS.

Ihaven't even had my surgery yet and i need so much knowledge . Please stay here veterans and give advice. If someone gets mad , let it go. They r only hurting themselves. The rest of us need help and knowledge.

new newbies want nothing to do with hearing successful WLS patients have to say.

@@Kindle

hello my friend

the "bacon thing" was the straw that broke the camels back, right?

wish someone put that link up (i did read, but don't remember much now

"we" frequently read OP posts talking about their complications. Sad for them, hard for us to hear

it's true there are many people that have physical issues, (leaks,etc :( )

even though there are sooooo many OP with problems - I think MOST OP have normal situations (gas ie)

peoples experience with sad stories, stick out in the mind of a newbie (OP too)

"maybe" the same hold true with the OP that make silly comments, questions. say crazy things about eating this or that

those posts stick out, but they aren't necessarily the norm

newbies - they are younguns, new and we must put them in their places sometimes!!!! :D

VETS were are all around helping me in my earlier years 4.5 years ago!!

i couldn't get rid of them!! LOL

i sadly do understand your comments/situations/problem with newbies asking the same questions

then newbies disregarding comments, or they miss the meaning of a comment and think we're talking in a nasty/rude way

don't understand newbies - we still like - i mean LOVE you ha ha ha!

girlfriend, i hope you come around a bit and spread your words of wisdom!

i love to see your cute, smiling face, and of course, your new and improved little ol" self!!

if there is anyone still reading

wow you are crazy LOL my posts are so long

i had a lot of of run on sentences too!!

sorry about that

i think i repeated myself about stuff too!

newbie alert - please don't misunderstand me

us VETS et all do love you,, really

don't run away - who would i have to talk to?? LOL

@@Kindle - who luvs ya baby? ;)

good luck bud

kathy

Good suggestion.

Sensitive? Nope.

Gun shy? Tired of getting called names or accused of being bullies? Yes.

Fed up with people coddling others in ways that could be seriously detrimental to their health and their weight loss? Absolutely.

Of course, I am only speaking for me.

I've been a success due to the help, guidance and advice I've taken from the vets on this forum.

I'm almost 10 months out and have 12 pounds to goal... I don't know if I would've been this close to goal in 10 short months if it weren't for following and being inspired by the veterans!

I thank you all for your help and please don't go.

Just know that I still need you, most of us still need you, and whether these newbies think they do or not... they need you!

I don't cone on this forum nearly as much as I used to but when I do I enjoy reading the great advice you all give - and yes I even enjoy the bluntness and straight forward advice you give.

I wouldn't call myself a vet yet and I still sometimes have questions that need answers so please don't go!

I search out hope from others who have had problems like me. If it weren't for the support I find here, some days would be almost unbearable. Seeing that others go through complications and make it really helps me.

I no longer care about losing weight, I just want to survive, become well and get back on my feet.

All we need to add are people who at one week post surgery:

Ate corn on the cob.

Drank beer.

Ate potato salad, macaroni salad and coleslaw.

Then we can have a virtual barbecue of what not to eat at one week post WLS.

--and drinking that beer through a straw... :)

I search out hope from others who have had problems like me. If it weren't for the support I find here, some days would be almost unbearable. Seeing that others go through complications and make it really helps me.

I no longer care about losing weight, I just want to survive, become well and get back on my feet.

Sometimes I believe that one can feel more engaged to advice given by a member who has NOT had such a determined, straight to the finish success journey. Knowing that there are members who stumbled but who were able to overcome and get back on track can be extremely normalizing, and reassuring.

Of course we all want to and need to hear about the success stories, but isn't it also important to see the members who got through to their goals after suffering set backs, battle scars, and still are living a healthier, life?

Today's "newbies" have sooo much to offer. There are new procedures, new methods, new nutritional studies and guidelines. Like most medical procedures and techniques, WLS has changed--for the better in the last few years. In fact is has flipped almost 100% on some topics.

We all can benefit from listening to the newbies. -----really listening---not just reading along---but consider what they have to offer and learning from them.

I'm 5yrs + out and I can still look forward to learning from the well intending members who are actually here to pay it forward and not just trying to exercise "one upmanship" with humor (?) that is off the mark, base and hurtful. At 5yrs out, I don't find myself "supported or advised" by that mentation.

Tough love is still supposed to be "love". There is supposed to be a compassion behind "tough love"----not just mock the poster and "let them fail". If there is no "love" behind "tough love", the advice is moot---the point is lost because being the target of the "jest" becomes "personal".

I feel blessed to have come this far on my WLS journey. Do I wish my personal journey on anyone? No--no one ever!

Do I think I have come through a personal tragedy at the beginning of my WLS journey and maybe --just maybe be able to help one person from having to experience the same? --or God willing, help them to get through it? I hope so.

I've been a member on BP since 2011. Has the sight changed? oh, yeah. It has "circled". More than once. History truly does repeat itself. Veterans stay. Veterans go. Veterans come back. Some---a few never leave. Newbies ask the same questions? sure. They're newbies--are they supposed to ask "old" questions? Those are the same questions the Vets asked when they were newbies. Many Newbies don't stay. Many will leave and come back. Many will become tomorrow's Vets.

There's nothing new or revolutionary about any of it...

The circle goes round and round.

Sometimes I believe that one can feel more engaged to advice given by a member who has NOT had such a determined, straight to the finish success journey. Knowing that there are members who stumbled but who were able to overcome and get back on track can be extremely normalizing, and reassuring.

Of course we all want to and need to hear about the success stories, but isn't it also important to see the members who got through to their goals after suffering set backs, battle scars, and still are living a healthier, life?

Today's "newbies" have sooo much to offer. There are new procedures, new methods, new nutritional studies and guidelines. Like most medical procedures and techniques, WLS has changed--for the better in the last few years. In fact is has flipped almost 100% on some topics.

We all can benefit from listening to the newbies. -----really listening---not just reading along---but consider what they have to offer and learning from them.

I'm 5yrs + out and I can still look forward to learning from the well intending members who are actually here to pay it forward and not just trying to exercise "one upmanship" with humor (?) that is off the mark, base and hurtful. At 5yrs out, I don't find myself "supported or advised" by that mentation.

Tough love is still supposed to be "love". There is supposed to be a compassion behind "tough love"----not just mock the poster and "let them fail". If there is no "love" behind "tough love", the advice is moot---the point is lost because being the target of the "jest" becomes "personal".

I feel blessed to have come this far on my WLS journey. Do I wish my personal journey on anyone? No--no one ever!

Do I think I have come through a personal tragedy at the beginning of my WLS journey and maybe --just maybe be able to help one person from having to experience the same? --or God willing, help them to get through it? I hope so.

I've been a member on BP since 2011. Has the sight changed? oh, yeah. It has "circled". More than once. History truly does repeat itself. Veterans stay. Veterans go. Veterans come back. Some---a few never leave. Newbies ask the same questions? sure. They're newbies--are they supposed to ask "old" questions? Those are the same questions the Vets asked when they were newbies. Many Newbies don't stay. Many will leave and come back. Many will become tomorrow's Vets.

Best thing I've read here yet...I'm a very very new newbie, just had surgery on 6/21, but I started reading here before I even had a surgery date. You've consistently been the person whose posts I most look forward to, Valentina. No coddling or bs from you, but you're always clear, concise and kind, even when answering questions that must make you want to scream. Everyone likes different deliveries of support and information, yours is just right for me. Thanks for taking the time to interact with those of us who are new to this whole thing, and especially for HEARING us.

Best thing I've read here yet...I'm a very very new newbie, just had surgery on 6/21, but I started reading here before I even had a surgery date. You've consistently been the person whose posts I most look forward to, Valentina. No coddling or bs from you, but you're always clear, concise and kind, even when answering questions that must make you want to scream. Everyone likes different deliveries of support and information, yours is just right for me. Thanks for taking the time to interact with those of us who are new to this whole thing, and especially for HEARING us.

Thank you.

I appreciate your words AND your support. Yes, even at 5yrs out, I NEED support and am far from too proud to say otherwise.

Hoping your journey will be a joyful one.

Whether it is or whether is "bumpy", I'm here and willing to listen. Sometimes that's all I can do. Hopefully, at times, that alone will help.

Keep posting.

Keep asking.

Keep supporting. :)