Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My work here is done

I have been posting about how bad things have been hoping someone could give me hope of recovery. I have now been awake 72 hours with leg pain. I have very poor mobility and everytime I drop to sleep my blood just seems to stop flowing into my legs. I have to stand up to stop the pain but can't stand up 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You really seem to be having some extreme issues, have you talked to your team about being readmitted until you can get around? I could not get discharged until I was walking around frequently and had eaten 2 meals successfully.

Wishing you the best and improvements.

Edited by chycky

I have been posting about how bad things have been hoping someone could give me hope of recovery. I have now been awake 72 hours with leg pain. I have very poor mobility and everytime I drop to sleep my blood just seems to stop flowing into my legs. I have to stand up to stop the pain but can't stand up 24/7.

My opinion, Friend,

Get yourself seen! Do not drive yourself. If you do not have anyone to drive you, call 911.

You should not be having circulatory problems. That is a very dangerous symptom of possible a DVT----blood clots.

On top of all of your other concerns, PLEASE get yourself some help. NOW.

When you can, PLEASE come back and tell us how you're doing. We care about YOU. You are one of us.

You are in my thoughts tonight.

Feel better, my friend.

I was mobile on the ward. When I was receiving blood thinning injections, I didn't have the leg pains. When I was on IV antibiotics, IV fluids and pain relief on the ward, I improved. But with each complication and with lack of food, I continue to deteriorate and become weaker. Being in patient here on the NHS increases my chances of developing MRSA, C dif etc and there is no real nutrition support via bariatric meals on the ward. It's one size fits all. I also was given a near fatal dose of cyclizine straight into my vein on the ward, plus had two asthma attacks due to leaving my inhaler at home.

So I am doing all I can to stay home but am at a loss on how to improve this circulation issue on my own. The compression stockings aren't helping.

If you're developing DVT (deep vein thrombosis----blood clots) in your legs, MRSA will be the least of your problems.

Grab your inhalers and your Protein powder and GO TO THE CLOSEST ER.

That is the only advise I have for you. Anything else would be medical advice and that I can not give.

Gina....MRSA rates are low these days. And you can help yourself avoid it easily - research how to before you go. On the ward you can ask to speak to a dietician for your nutritional needs. Your meals can be individualised for you. I would imagine e your circulation problems are due to lack of moving around. You need to do your leg exercises. You should still be on clexane if you're not moving around. You're high risk of DVT. Everything you have mentioned can be worked around. I'm a nurse in the NHS. Things are different. Get to A&E and don't leave until they admit you. Come on girl.....chin up and try and think positive. You WILL get through this. You need some emotional support as well as getting sorted physically. You can always go to a different A&E if you're not happy with your local one x

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

Phoned my surgical team. Not bothered. Said to go to a & e or my GP if I am worried about dvt. Waiting for a call back from my GP triage nurse.

Ok. Let us know how you get on. I think A&E is your best option. That will you will be seen by the on call surgical team and not your bariatric surgeon. They may get you sorted quicker and get you scanned.

Couldn't face A&E but my GP got me in and did some blood tests to check about dvt. He thinks that I am suffering some sort of nerve pain not circulation issues. He was thorough and said to wait until after the repeat scan on Weds. If the abscess is growing or causing swelling, he thinks it will show on the scan. The abscess was 6.6 cm and went down to 5.3 while on IV antibiotics. Anything smaller and I am winning. My GP was very kind and acknowledged that I had been through alot and that he could see that I was still very ill. When I got home my bariatric team phoned to say that I am very dehydrated. sigh

Glad your GP listened to you. If there is anything urgent with your bloods they will ring you tomorrow if not tonight. Just keep sipping fluids. Can anyone get you some dioralyte? It will replace your minerals etc whilst your not consuming much.

Thank you all for your support. I do have some dioralyte here x

@@Kindle

first off, everyone to their corners!!

I've heard enough!!

you are ALL big bullies!!!!

who the heck do you think you are :angry:

everyone is singing your praises kindle

sick of if

boring.........

disgusting!!

i will be glad to get rid of you!!

good riddins

goodbye, goodbye and goodbye!!!

your friend through "thick and thin" (weight wise)

everything in between too!!

hope you hang around and put some order to this "sometimes" messed up board!!!

we need help!!!

since no one else wants it, you've got the job!!!!

newbies et al

if you don't know me, i took an extra silly pill this morning instead of my Vitamins :o

kindle come stay/visit us in Sleeveland

who loves you baby??

guess who ;)

huggggggs

kathy

Someone really thought it was okay to eat legit bacon one week post op and then got mad when they were told it was a huge mistake? What the hell.

I'm pretty new and I love to get advice from people on here. I may not always agree but I still take it to heart because I know a lot of people on this site had the surgery long before I did.

I'm glad I missed that thread and as for @@Kindle I don't think I've seen you in one of my threads but I wish you the best. You seem like a wise person.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using the BariatricPal App

@@Kindle - sad to see you go. I'm one of the newbs still trying to get through the insurance dance and get my surgery date. I can't express how much you and so many other vets have helped me from my first post here... LipstickLady, VSGAnn, OKCPirate, Dub, and a whole bunch more I can't think of their handles off the top of my head. I had some misconceptions about what life after sleeve would look like, and y'all cleared it up for me and helped me decide to commit. I've started copying pearls of wisdom from all of you into my notebook and I know it will help me make the best of this opportunity to change my life. So I want to thank all of you so very much for sharing here.

I've been on the internet since before it was the internet, and this kind of ebb and flow is fairly normal. That's why even though I'm not a vet I'm 100% in support of a vets only space. I haven't even had the surgery yet, and I'm sick and tired of the multitudes of "why can't I eat a steak in week 2" and "when can I drink alcohol" and "can I smoke weed" posts. I don't even read past the intro for most of them anymore. Not worth the indigestion, frankly.

I won't be able to join the vets board for a long while, but I really hope all of you vets get it set up and that it's a good place to give y'all the support and camaraderie you need, and that you guys are still poking around when I rack up the experience to get the golden key. ;)

Thank you, @@theantichick . That's very sweet.

With over 5,000 posts here at BP posted in about 2.5 years, clearly I enjoy message board life. It really helps me to be "in community" about one of the biggest things currently happening in my life -- learning how to maintain my weight and a (still relatively new) healthy lifestyle.

I enjoy helping people, obviously. And typing. Again with those 5,000+ posts! ;)

I have made some very good friends here. There are some smart Cookies at BP who know a lot.

Like you, I'll miss @@Kindle a lot. :( I met her on another board about 3 years ago and was drawn to her no-nonsense style and approach to life in general. I think the world of her.

You're very sharp, too. :)