Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My work here is done

It is a shame that a few nasty people can drive away from this website at least two veterans who posted in this topic.

Hopefully they will return. The other website they post in is no different.

I HAVENT BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE OF THIS TYPE OF HOLLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE BY SOME OF YOU VETERANS. CALLING PEOPLE STUPID AND WHAT NOT. I DECIDED TO COME BACK ON AND THIS IS THE FIRST THING I SEE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES JEEZ YOUR NOT GOD. HEY EVERYONE COME OVER TO BARIATRIC SOCIAL AND YOU WILL BE TREATED MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. I WILL NOT BE BACK

Strange though, I noticed that the troublemakers are gone also. Don't see any posts with name calling and silly arguments, anymore.

The Vets that left, please COME BACK!

Ooooops, Looks like I spoke too soon ......

Shouting from a post, with all capitals ...... Shame really.

I HAVENT BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE OF THIS TYPE OF HOLLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE BY SOME OF YOU VETERANS. CALLING PEOPLE STUPID AND WHAT NOT. I DECIDED TO COME BACK ON AND THIS IS THE FIRST THING I SEE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES JEEZ YOUR NOT GOD. HEY EVERYONE COME OVER TO BARIATRIC SOCIAL AND YOU WILL BE TREATED MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. I WILL NOT BE BACK

Wow, you must have been in hurry to leave this website, you accidentally left your caps lock on. :)

There are only a few instances of "holier than thou" attitudes here, the majority of ones that people interpret as such are from people who mean well and notice a behavior that could be dangerous to someone's health or someone is taking no responsibility for their actions and want someone to condone their bad behaviors.

Also, since this is not spoken word, there are no vocal tones or facial expressions (except for emoticons) to help interpret how someone meant something.

This might be a fun little 5 minute test for y'all.

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/376738-This-might-be-a-fun-little-5-minute-test-for-y%27all%2E

Maybe before people post they can go to @@LipstickLady 's thread here, read their personality type, and then think before they speak!!! Perhaps knowing if you are easily set on edge, are prone to irrational outbursts, or just plain argumentative would help them hit the cancel post button before going too far.... One could always "save draft" if you needed to reflect on what you were going to say instead of immediately pounding out letters on the keyboard and tossing them out into the universe.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Adding a little pearl my mother told me from the time I was young- don't put down on paper what you don't want everyone to know.

Same goes for message boards and the Internet in general.

Daaaaammmm. She always was a smart cookie, that mama of mine. ❤️

It was early July 2016, a person was 1 week post op.

Can't remember which forum, but I think it was in the post op Gastric Sleeve forum.

There was someone 6 months ago who ate pizza toppings 2-3 days post op!

Sometimes I just shake my head .....

And then there was the guy who ate a 20oz steak a few weeks post op and somehow that was his surgeon's fault. HA!

Ahhhh yes, "Steak-gate" I remember that well (or was it medium rare :)).

This might be a fun little 5 minute test for y'all.

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/376738-This-might-be-a-fun-little-5-minute-test-for-y%27all%2E

Maybe before people post they can go to @@LipstickLady 's thread here, read their personality type, and then think before they speak!!! Perhaps knowing if you are easily set on edge, are prone to irrational outbursts, or just plain argumentative would help them hit the cancel post button before going too far.... One could always "save draft" if you needed to reflect on what you were going to say instead of immediately pounding out letters on the keyboard and tossing them out into the universe.

ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging)

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance in honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun – especially at family or work-related gatherings.

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

ISTJ Strengths

Honest and Direct – Integrity is the heart of the ISTJ personality type. Emotional manipulation, mind games and reassuring lies all run counter to ISTJ's preference for managing the reality of the situations they encounter with plain and simple honesty.

Strong-willed and Dutiful – ISTJs embody that integrity in their actions too, working hard and staying focused on their goals. Patient and determined, people with the ISTJ personality type meet their obligations, period.

Very Responsible – The ISTJ's word is a promise, and a promise means everything. ISTJs would rather run themselves into the ground with extra days and lost sleep than fail to deliver the results they said they would. Loyalty is a strong sentiment for ISTJ personalities, and they fulfill their duties to the people and organizations they've committed themselves to.

Calm and Practical – None of their promises would mean much if ISTJs lost their tempers and broke down at every sign of hardship – they keep their feet on the ground and make clear, rational decisions.

Create and Enforce Order – The primary goal of any ISTJ is to be effective in what they've chosen to do, and they believe that this is accomplished best when everyone involved knows exactly what is going on and why. Unclear guidelines and people who break established rules undermine this effort, and are rarely tolerated by ISTJs. Structure and rules foster dependability; chaos creates unforeseen setbacks and missed deadlines.

Jacks-of-all-trades – Much like Analysts (NT), ISTJs are proud repositories of knowledge, though the emphasis is more on facts and statistics than concepts and underlying principles. This allows ISTJs to apply themselves to a variety of situations, picking up and applying new data and grasping the details of challenging situations as a matter of course.

ISTJ Weaknesses

Stubborn – The facts are the facts, and ISTJs tend to resist any new idea that isn't supported by them. This factual decision-making process also makes it difficult for people with the ISTJ personality type to accept that they were wrong about something – but anyone can miss a detail, even them.

Insensitive – While not intentionally harsh, ISTJs often hurt more sensitive type's feelings by the simple mantra that honesty is the best policy. ISTJ personalities may take emotions into consideration, but really only so far as to determine the most effective way to say what needs to be said.

Always by the Book – ISTJs believe that things work best with clearly defined rules, but this makes them reluctant to bend those rules or try new things, even when the downside is minimal. Truly unstructured environments leave ISTJs all but paralyzed.

Judgmental – Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, and ISTJs are unlikely to respect people who disagree with those facts, or especially those who remain willfully ignorant of them.

Often Unreasonably Blame Themselves – All this can combine to make ISTJs believe they are the only ones who can see projects through reliably. As they load themselves with extra work and responsibilities, turning away good intentions and helpful ideas, ISTJs sooner or later hit a tipping point where they simply can't deliver. Since they've heaped the responsibility on themselves, ISTJs then believe the responsibility for failure is theirs alone to bear.

Famous ISTJ's

George Washington

Sigmund Freud

Warren Buffett

Augustus

Robert De Niro

Matt Damon

Natalie Portman

Career Choices

Business Executive

Administrator

Manager

Accountant

Financial Officer

Police Officer

Detective

Judge

Attorney

Medical Doctor

Dentist

Computer Programmer

Systems Analyst

Military Leader

ISTJ In Summary ...

Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized including their work, their home and their lives. Value traditions and loyalty