Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Iowa sleevers?

I just have to put this out in the world...I HATE HEAD HUNGER!!!! Today i had it all day...grazed on things that are on plan but still ate little bites between meals....UGH! I am sure it will be fine but is frustrating anyway. Guess i am gonna just try to be better tomorrow. In the last 3 months this has been the hardest day yet.

I hope everyone else is doing good...i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy ????????????????

Sorry you had a day like that Fran. Did your tummy take it all ok? I'm not looking forward to those days. Hoping you have a better day tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I didnt eat anything that I normally dont eat so my stomach tolerated fine. I have been very strict with no snacking/grazing until today. I was just mindlessly putting food into my mouth...like extra shrimp while making supper...taking a bite out of my youngest Breakfast this am....so stressful sometimes to worry about every bite that goes in...what your going to eat...when u can eat...when you can drink. Its just a lot of work sometimes.

My file had been sent fir team approval! Things are getting real here. So happy but also a bit nervous.

Yay!!! Won't be long now!!! Crossing my fingers for you!!

My file had been sent fir team approval! Things are getting real here. So happy but also a bit nervous.

Wishing u speedy approval and surgery date!!!

I'm ten days away from my 2 month surgery anniversary, and everything has been smoother than I'd have ever hoped.

My 1 month follow-up meeting went well, but they said that I need to start eating more regular food, since I've grown accustomed to Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch.

It doesn't take much to fill me up, but I'm able to eat a lot more than I thought I would. I always thought people ate a few bites, but I'm able to eat more.

I'm closing in on 70 pounds lost since my biggest weight, and over 30 pounds since surgery on 9/26.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I've been hearing a lot of that from several people. They have been saying that as long as you are eating slow and chewing like we are told to do...then you can actually feel full with less than if we push more in.

Mindi in Waterloo

Sir that's great on your losses and how you are feeling. I have heard some can eat more then they thought they should be able to as well. Have you talked to your dietitian do they think that's normal for where you are at? And maybe when you say more I'm sure it's lots less then what we would be used to. Keep up the great work!

Hi fellow Iowans! I just read this entire thread to get to know you all :)

I'm in Burlington - I'm in the wee early stages of this journey. I've submitted my questionnaire to U of I and am waiting back to be approved for a consultation. I've struggled with my weight ever since having my son 13 years ago. Been on/off WW umpteen times. Lost and gained the same 20 lbs over and over and gained some more. My relationship with food is definitely love/hate.

I'm 34yo. 5'1" and 229 right now. BMI of 43.

I'm worried they won't see me for some reason. I have had issues for the last 2 years that - in hindsight - can be majorly attributed to my weight. Not sure if it will be enough for me to get approved for consultation, though? I have no idea what to expect. I just know - I need help. I need accountability. I can do this - but the thought of doing it on my own is just daunting.

Mindi - so happy you got approved and can't wait to hear about your success.

Lucky, Fran, and Siri - I love how y'all do not sugar coat this. Sounds like it is what we make it, in a way, too.

Nana - can't wait to hear about your approval. :)

Hope I can join the Iowans group! We need all the support we can get.

Welcome Mrs. Ross! We are glad you found us. I've learned so much from so many in our group here.

You will have to keep us posted on your consultation. I know so many have said they wish they could have done this 10 years ago. You are young and I hope they help you so you don't have to fight this horrible disease for years to come. Keep us posted!

Hi fellow Iowans! I just read this entire thread to get to know you all :)

I'm in Burlington - I'm in the wee early stages of this journey. I've submitted my questionnaire to U of I and am waiting back to be approved for a consultation. I've struggled with my weight ever since having my son 13 years ago. Been on/off WW umpteen times. Lost and gained the same 20 lbs over and over and gained some more. My relationship with food is definitely love/hate.

I'm 34yo. 5'1" and 229 right now. BMI of 43.

I'm worried they won't see me for some reason. I have had issues for the last 2 years that - in hindsight - can be majorly attributed to my weight. Not sure if it will be enough for me to get approved for consultation, though? I have no idea what to expect. I just know - I need help. I need accountability. I can do this - but the thought of doing it on my own is just daunting.

Mindi - so happy you got approved and can't wait to hear about your success.

Lucky, Fran, and Siri - I love how y'all do not sugar coat this. Sounds like it is what we make it, in a way, too.

Nana - can't wait to hear about your approval. :)

Hope I can join the Iowans group! We need all the support we can get.

Welcome Mrs Ross!!! We will all be cheering you on as the process continues. Put your mind at ease...i cant imagine why they wouldnt see you. We are all in this together!