Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take for you to start seeing a drop in weight? I'll be 2 weeks out on Monday and figured I would drop more than 2 lbs since surgery. Not only that, but clothes that were too loose before surgery and too tight now. It's frustration and discouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hmm. I'm two weeks out today and I've lost 22 lbs per my surgeon at my post op appt today. That would be discouraging to me also. I wonder if there is anyone else who has experienced what you're going through.

Are you on Clear liquids? What are your days like? Have you spoken to your surgeon about your concern?

VSG 6/17/2016

How long did it take for you to start seeing a drop in weight? I'll be 2 weeks out on Monday and figured I would drop more than 2 lbs since surgery. Not only that, but clothes that were too loose before surgery and too tight now. It's frustration and discouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

What diet stage are you on? How much Protein are you getting? What about fluids? What do you eat/drink on a typical day? Are you walking?

Surgery is traumatic on your body. You are pumped with fluids, gas and your swollen. All this can effect your weight.

I had read and heard about the 20 plus pound weight loss in the first few weeks...and I was excited! However, it didn't happen for me. I am 3 and a half weeks now and it is starting a steady drop....slower but better than I have done in the last 20 years.

I was upset the first two week too. I was asking why I went through all of this to lose a few pounds while eating 300 calories a day.

If you could stand to put your scale away please do so! I promise it will start to come off. The body is in shock and what you need to do is let it heal...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches